S2000 Engine Management Engine management topics, map and advice.

AEM Infinity

Old 02-20-2014, 05:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEM Infinity

It's here

AEM Website
Old 02-21-2014, 01:55 AM

Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts

what are the benefits over an aem series 2?
Old 02-21-2014, 02:05 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm also curious to know, whats the differences between the Series 2....
Old 02-21-2014, 08:43 AM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

We have one of just a few s2000's running on infinity 10 right now.

The infinity has a number of advantages.

The slides on aem's site cover it pretty well, but the infinity has the fastest automotive use main processor there is. No ecu, aftermarket or oem has a faster processor. This means they can do more stuff and the engine runs smoother.

It works on an airflow model instead of time based model.

Basically you tell it engine size, exact injector data, install a fuel pressure sensor and tell it a rough ve, rough afr and it does the work for you.

The fuel is calculated using the ideal gas law, and automatically takes manifold pressure, air flow and fuel pressure into account.

Example.. the car we have on infinity is supercharged. I broke hte motor in and did the inital tune with out the supercharger installed and using tps based ve table and tps based afr table.

We bolted the blower on, told it to run 12:1 instead of 13:1 at WOT, i did not have to change the ve table at all. Then we had the fuel pump start to die. afr stayed perfect, i saw the pressure drop in the logs and the duty go up to compensate.

The flex fuel and oil pressure protections are similar to the aem v2.

Infinity also has a much more robust traction control and knock control setup, it also has 2 drive by wire circuits... it can use dbw in conjunction with traction control.

The o2 feedback is fast, wayyyyy faster than the v2. it can be used even at WOT in all gears.

If any of you guys are interested give us a call or shoot me a message. We will be offering package deals
Old 02-21-2014, 09:07 AM
Banned

On a side note, aem does not currently have a patch harness for the drive by wire s2000's, but we do build custom patch harnesses and the infinity can work with the stock honda pedal and throttle body
Old 02-21-2014, 10:34 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

This is GREAT news.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:17 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wadzii, any recent updates or comments on the Infinity system? It has really sparked my curiosity and I sent a call to AEM. They now make a S2000 specific harness and they also told me the dash is supported now.

I forgot to ask if it comes with a base map or if you know where I can get one. I couldnt resist and ordered one myself!
Old 06-02-2014, 12:56 PM
Banned

I have sold a couple of s2000 PNP harnesses and infinities, but I have not used one yet. I have one on the way to do some testing with. Our race car has an infinity 10 with a custom engine harness.

There are a few options that most people will want to use that are not included in the aux plug on the s2000 harness. I think we will be offering a service to add those to the AUX plug to make everything a little easier.

There is a startup calibration for the s2000, we do offer custom startup calibrations if that's something you need. Since there arent alot of AEM certified and trained infinity tuners out there I do travel to tune or we can arrange for your car to be transported here to get it done
Old 06-02-2014, 01:31 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wadzii
I have sold a couple of s2000 PNP harnesses and infinities, but I have not used one yet. I have one on the way to do some testing with. Our race car has an infinity 10 with a custom engine harness.

There are a few options that most people will want to use that are not included in the aux plug on the s2000 harness. I think we will be offering a service to add those to the AUX plug to make everything a little easier.

There is a startup calibration for the s2000, we do offer custom startup calibrations if that's something you need. Since there arent alot of AEM certified and trained infinity tuners out there I do travel to tune or we can arrange for your car to be transported here to get it done
What options are not offered on their AUX plug that you will be integrating? The primary functions I am looking for is Flex fuel, wideband feedback and VE protective measures such as fuel pressure and other compensation measures.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:38 PM
Banned

the Aux connector has oil pressure, temp, and flex fuel connections, It does not have boost solenoid or fuel pressure connections.

I'd be adding those 2 things and we have the option to make it backwards compatible with the kpro stuff as well.

Quick Reply: AEM Infinity