S2000 Engine Management Engine management topics, map and advice.

AEM Infinity

Old 06-02-2014, 04:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wadzii
the Aux connector has oil pressure, temp, and flex fuel connections, It does not have boost solenoid or fuel pressure connections.

I'd be adding those 2 things and we have the option to make it backwards compatible with the kpro stuff as well.
Well as soon as that harness is ready, I have my CC ready!
Old 06-02-2014, 07:17 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Been interested in this ECU for awhile. However, I haven't seen many guys running it in an S2000, less so for 06+ models. Was thinking about using it on my 06, with ITB's and drive by cable conversion. The only problem is getting the dash to work. I think the only way to do it is leaving the OEM ecu in place just to control the dash.
Old 06-03-2014, 05:07 AM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I know it'd add a bit to the cost of the ITB's but there are a number of DBW actuators for ITB's out there now and with the infinity you can completely get the OEM controllers out of the throttle control loop and use any actuator or throttle body you want.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by 06Estukay
Been interested in this ECU for awhile. However, I haven't seen many guys running it in an S2000, less so for 06+ models. Was thinking about using it on my 06, with ITB's and drive by cable conversion. The only problem is getting the dash to work. I think the only way to do it is leaving the OEM ecu in place just to control the dash.
I spoke to AEM and they said the dash IS supported.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:43 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Chitoki
Originally Posted by 06Estukay' timestamp='1401765437' post='23187141

Really? For 06+ DBW cars? From what I've seen, they don't have a plug and play kit for the 06+ cars...
Old 06-03-2014, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by 06Estukay
Originally Posted by Chitoki' timestamp='1401808840' post='23187749
[quote name='06Estukay' timestamp='1401765437' post='23187141']

Really? For 06+ DBW cars? From what I've seen, they don't have a plug and play kit for the 06+ cars...
[/quote]

oh, not sure about 06+ my mistake.
Old 06-06-2014, 08:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heard trough a local shop that the infinity and the PNP harness are compatible but

there are some pins that nees to be re-pined before it actually becomes true PNP. 7 or 9 pins actually.
Old 06-07-2014, 04:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PapiChuloNica
I'm also curious to know, whats the differences between the Series 2....
It's a completely new platform and really shares nothing in common with the V1 V2. As Wadzii mentioned it is a VE based tuning model so you basically select your displacement and injectors and tune in the VE table to get the fuel calculations. I will tell you from experience you will be best off to use an injector that is already mapped in the Infinity Tuner Wizard. You are also going to have the best luck using sensors that are compatible and selectable as well. The VE calculation is also more tunable with a fuel pressure sensor installed. The on-board o2s seem faster and are more stable than the previous generations. Boost control has been greatly improved with more options than the older stuff including an option for a 12 position switch. The wall-wetting function for accel enrichment works well and is configurable between TPS and MAP rate which is nice and makes throttle response better. The flex fuel is a little goofy or at least it was I haven't used it in v95 as the last car I tuned flex on was on v87 and I think some settings have changed. I do like the fact that the flex is 100% on-board and no external controller is needed as well as supporting the "cheap" sensor that isn't $400. The race style traction control is nice, but suffers a bit at low speed from the mag style sensor pickups. It's not near as clean as the hall sensors that Motec uses. Infinity Tuner seems okay. It is a bit glitchy and I have had the software lock up several times. At times it will lock up and even cause the car not to start. Keying the car off for 10 seconds and then reconnecting seems to solve that problem. I think it has something to do with the weird relay power setup they have causing software lock out. The usb stuff is a bit funky as well. I have it on three laptops and they all do little weird stuff sometimes, but all can connect and tune. Also usb 3.0 is not supported right now. The best feature of the software has to be the live trace view. Being able to stop the trace and scroll through the data without saving and opening in AEM Log is nice. It makes the VE drive-ability tuning much easier. Overall it is a good platform and I think that it will only continue to get better and more stable. From the time I started using it and went to training back on v85 till now on v95 there have been huge positive changes. I would however recommend only having it installed and tuned by someone who is trained. It's not quite as easy to initially set up as the old stuff and is difficult for someone to just stumble through and get it working correctly.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:37 AM

Roughly 2 weeks away from my Infinity install. I already have KPRO (big mistake) so my setup will enable hot-swapping for emissions testing. After emissions, I will immediately plug Infinity back in and enjoy the many, many benefits that AEM offers over Kpro.
Old 07-19-2014, 12:40 PM

Installed and just awaiting final tune. My project was very atypical, I originally had Kpro and had been fed up at the lack of support and failure to add necessary options.

My infinity is hot swappable with the Kpro setup so I can have the benefits of infinity and do a quick switch to KPRO for emissions day and then go right back to infinity.

Science of Speed has performed the install and wiring so I will post dyno charts and results after the final tune with flex fuel.

Quick Reply: AEM Infinity