S2000 Engine Management Engine management topics, map and advice.

Anyone here using AEM FIC

Old 03-13-2010, 11:29 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
Thumbs up Anyone here using AEM FIC

Just wondering who is using AEM FIC if anyone and from what I hear they always get a slight hesitation going from partial throttle to wot. Why is that, does it look like some AEM can fix and what is your experience with it as a cheaper alternative to AEM EMS?
Obviously I know the AEM EMS would be better. I also know Evans Tuning will tune the FIC now so would be the place to go if I did decide to go with it for my sc at stock boost.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:09 AM
Former Sponsor

Yeah if that could be fixed I would be very tempted to go that route. That's the only thing holding me back from going with that at least temporarily until I want a good bit more boost and then switch over to AEM EMS.
With a supercharger how much boost can be run and still have the AEM FIC be good for tuning? At what point with the driveability suffer?
Old 03-14-2010, 06:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Ah nice. Well as soon as that stumble can be fixed I should be in for getting that and a tune!
Old 03-15-2010, 11:24 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lean? When I was using it that stumble was pig rich, showing a flat 10 on my AEM UEGO, and another member got fuel wash due to the same issue.

That issue evans speaks of has been known by us and AEM for sometime now ,and they have told me personally, there is no way around it and that the stumble is something thats apart of the OEM ECU operation tha the FIC just makes worse.

IMO the FIC is garbage for us so go either KPRO or the EMS, screw the FIC its a total headache. I had it to 2 different tuners, one had better luck than the other, but still it was a pain.

I have dropped the FIC and am going to do it the right way now.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:25 AM
Banned

No wait, I think when I slammed it WOT, it ran as exptected. It was partial throttle between 4-5k rpm that it did that studdering shit with super rich AFR numbers.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:51 PM

The emanage ultimate doesn't have this issue. AEM could fix it if they wanted to.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by scareyourpassenger,Mar 15 2010, 03:51 PM
The emanage ultimate doesn't have this issue. AEM could fix it if they wanted to.
Ya, "IF" they wanted to. They just dont seem to care about the AP1s and such with the FIC.

EMU ,I hear, it,s all in the tuner and their compotence.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:07 PM

Yup and the OP is close enough to a really good EU tuner
Old 03-15-2010, 06:10 PM
Former Sponsor

No good eu tuners anywhere near me that I know of. There used to be a guy called Giles but he closed up shop last year.
Looks like it will be AEM EMS for me at some point.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:43 AM

Ya im having the same issue in deciding what to use for tuning. All comes down to being near someone who can tune with what you buy. If the FIC issue could be fixed for ap1's i would almost certainly go that route.

What im curious to, and i have searched all morning is what fuctions do you lose by going the full AEM EMS. Top up/down, dash radio controls, things like that. I have never had a full stand alone.

Quick Reply: Anyone here using AEM FIC