S2000 Engine Management Engine management topics, map and advice.

AP1Chief Tuning Review

Old 01-29-2019, 07:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AP1Chief Tuning Review

Good Morning All,

First thread here on this site, and all because I want to give a big shout out to one of the best tuning experience I have had. My build is a Kings Performance 2.4L block and head. Originally was purchased with the intention of boosting, (which is still my intention, but just delayed while waiting for upgrades). I came across Josh while browsing this forum for a tuner. I had paid a big company to start me off with just a base map and ended up having to look for a new tuner because they literally took weeks before replying to me during the tuning process. Because of that, I came here on the forums and was in search of someone that could provide an etune for me since I'm located internationally. I came across a couple of reviews on AP1Chief and how he had improved on previous tune, also the remote sessions for tuning was right down my alley with what i wanted.

I contacted Josh and updated him on my base tune issues turn around times, and log he immediately replied and offered to remotely log into my machine and check on my current tune. Within less than 5 mins he had the car idling perfectly and we then proceed to do some real-time driving and adjustments. Within a span of 15 mins, he had the car with a perfect daily driving tune on so that I could proceed with breaking in the engine. He offered advice on recommended break-in procedure and said after I am done, I could contact him again if I would want to proceed with a full tune. I immediately paid for a full tune because of how efficient and knowledgable he was with the process.

Fast forward now and we are on to full pulls, but mechanically I was having one issue to the other with the car. Bad manifold setup and touching pipes caused a lot of issues, and Josh was more than patient throughout the entire process. Extremely helpful with suggestions to get the car working properly and to help with troubleshooting. Since I am located international, broken parts take long to arrive at me, (on an average a month). Josh, never once made any complaints on the pauses and was always patient with the entire process. Long and short of the story, i ended up ditching the turbo kit and going NA for the time being. Upon returning to NA, Josh had the car fully tune within an HR and making good power. I am super happy with the turnout and will definitely be contacting him again when I decide to tackle my turbo project.

I highly recommend Josh AP1Chief for any tuning needs, this man knows his stuff and will definitely get every ounce of power from your car!!

The following users liked this post:
AP1Chief (01-29-2019)
Old 04-09-2019, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AP1chief Josh contact information

Would someone mind posting contact info for Josh? I've seen a post that says there is three ways to contact him in the above signature but I don't see anything there.

Thank you in advance.
Old 04-09-2019, 07:22 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/private....newpm&u=177843
Above is the link to send user "AP1Chief" a private message, but if you're new you need to wait a few weeks(I think) before you can send a private message.
Old 04-09-2019, 09:49 PM

Received 426 Likes on 362 Posts

To see signatures when you are viewing the forum on a phone you might need to switch to "computer mode" or whatever it may be called in your browser settings.
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/members/ap1chief-177843/
Here is his info from the signature above.
Pm/email Me for Etunes, and tune tweaks. AEM EMS V1/V2 & Hondata/Flashpro
Instagram @OneBadS2k
7173986782 Txt me
Email: jmpaintcorrection@yahoo.com
Old 04-10-2019, 01:18 AM

Received 119 Likes on 98 Posts

If you guys are going to text me, has to be iphone, if not, than has to be through whatsapp. i'm currently over seas, but still tuning
Old 06-20-2020, 10:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When AP1Chief tunes, how much instruction does he provide? Does he show you how to log stuff or do you have to figure it out and send it?
Old 06-20-2020, 11:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by analogbubbles
When AP1Chief tunes, how much instruction does he provide? Does he show you how to log stuff or do you have to figure it out and send it?
He remotely logs into your laptop and handle all the tuning process, he will give you instructions on how to do.driving logs and WOT while he tunes realtime