S2000 Engine Management Engine management topics, map and advice.

Customizing the DBW Throttle mapping

Old 11-01-2011, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Am also looking for a more responsive target throttle plate map. Does anyone have one as an example? Gernby maybe?
Old 11-10-2011, 05:52 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Sorry for the long delay, but I think I have finally hit the sweet spot on the target throttle map. Everyone will have different opinions about what is best, but this map is much more enjoyable for regular driving, especially at very low RPM (parking lots, stop and go traffic, etc.).

Old 11-18-2011, 05:54 PM

Made the changes with some modifications but definitely better now, Thanks
Old 11-18-2011, 08:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol its a whole lot better for DD. but i didnt like it for slight aggressive driving. it just takes some time to get use to with rev matching. it is definitely a thumbs-up!!!!!!!
Old 11-19-2011, 01:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ans2k
lol its a whole lot better for DD. but i didnt like it for slight aggressive driving. it just takes some time to get use to with rev matching. it is definitely a thumbs-up!!!!!!!
I think you have some reverse placebo effect going on, since I believe this map would HELP rev matching. A twitchy throttle makes rev matching more difficult. As far as the agressive driving goes, there's really no difference in throttle above ~3.5K, which is well below the RPM range that I would consider "spirited".

I'll remind you that the stock throttle map amplifies the DBW throttle position by about 50% over a non-DBW car. So in a cabled throttle car, 66% throttle pedal equals close to a 66% throttle plate, but in a stock 06+ AP2, 66% throttle pedal equals 100% throttle plate (which equals "ON / OFF switch" at low RPMs).
Old 11-19-2011, 01:59 PM

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

gernby, thanks for all the insight you provide for the FlashPro.
It's at the top of my Christmas wish list.
Hopefully, Santa-wife will be good to me this year.
Old 11-19-2011, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by gernby
Originally Posted by ans2k' timestamp='1321679587' post='21169617
I think you have some reverse placebo effect going on, since I believe this map would HELP rev matching. A twitchy throttle makes rev matching more difficult. As far as the agressive driving goes, there's really no difference in throttle above ~3.5K, which is well below the RPM range that I would consider "spirited".

I'll remind you that the stock throttle map amplifies the DBW throttle position by about 50% over a non-DBW car. So in a cabled throttle car, 66% throttle pedal equals close to a 66% throttle plate, but in a stock 06+ AP2, 66% throttle pedal equals 100% throttle plate (which equals "ON / OFF switch" at low RPMs).
lol hahahaha. i might. i was just used to my throttle and my 8 lbs flywheel, when i needed to revmatch, just a small blimp of the throttle got me where my rpms needed to be. when the throttle was more sensitive, i could just give a little tap on the pedal and i was good to go. now i just have to push down a little bit more than i used to. "slight aggressive" is just me saying one gear lower than i usually use while DD. not aggressive or spirited by any means just a little more than "hyper milage" driving. yea, i definitely agree that the stock throttle was super twitchy and 1st gear was hard to use at <10 mph. this really helped out. i don't know if i am having the same effect with my throttle as you are but even about 3.5 rpms. if i am in the rpm range if i move from say 30% to 40% there is only a slight difference in the throttle plate position. i'll try to get more accurate numbers.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by gernby
Originally Posted by ans2k' timestamp='1321679587' post='21169617

Actually I believe our stock throttle map tries to replicate a cable-throttle system more than the other non-S2000 maps. Just curious but where are you seeing that 66% throttle pedal equals 100% throttle plate? The stock map that you posted in your first post seems to show 66.7% across the entire 66.7% column.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by cookies28
Originally Posted by gernby' timestamp='1321742929' post='21170880
[quote name='ans2k' timestamp='1321679587' post='21169617']

Actually I believe our stock throttle map tries to replicate a cable-throttle system more than the other non-S2000 maps. Just curious but where are you seeing that 66% throttle pedal equals 100% throttle plate? The stock map that you posted in your first post seems to show 66.7% across the entire 66.7% column.
[/quote]

i guess from data logging
Old 04-16-2013, 07:33 PM

Have there been any updates to this? Has a true "cable emulation" map been established?

Quick Reply: Customizing the DBW Throttle mapping