S2000 Engine Management Engine management topics, map and advice.

DocTronics Plug & Play Honda S2000 ECU for 2000-05 Models

Old 07-24-2017, 04:43 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BalladeSports
^Sorry,

It wont really fit without modifying the ECU case.
As for the SCCA cars you would still see a jumper harness coming out of the ECU so I don't know if you can still get away with that for the regulations.
Can you highlight/draw an arrow on your initial picture of the ecu, the jumper harness you are talking about?

F. The engine management system parameters and operation of internal combustion engines may be modified only via the methods listed below.These allowances also apply to forced induction cars, except that no changes to standard boost levels, intercoolers, or boost controls are permitted. Boost changes indirectly resulting from allowed modifications are permissible but directly altering or modifying the boost or turbo controls, either mechanically or electronically, is strictly prohibited.Traction control parameters may not be altered. Any OE OBD2 or newer communications port functionality must remain. The Check Engine Light (CEL) or Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) may be disabled via software. Alternate software maps which violate these restrictions may not be present during competition, regardless of activation. Only OE sensors may be used for engine management.
1. Reprogrammed ECU/PCM (via hardware and/or software) may be used in the standard housing.
2. Supplementary (“Piggyback”) ECU may be used subject to the following restrictions:
a. Connects between the standard ECU/PCM and its wiring harness only.
b. Must be plug-compatible with the standard ECU/PCM (no splices).
3. Electronic components may be installed in-line between an engine’s sensors and ECU/PCM. These components may alter the signal coming from the sensor in order to affect the ECU/PCM operation of engine management system. Example: Fuel controllers that modify the signal coming from an airflow sensor.
4. Fuel pressure regulators may be replaced in lieu of electronic alterations to the fuel system. It is not permitted to electronically modify the fuel system AND replace a fuel pressure regulator.
5. Ignition timing may be set at any point on factory adjustable distributor ignition systems.
6. VTEC controllers and other devices may be used which alter the timing of factory standard electronic variable valve timing systems.

I think if the housing is cut/modified in any way, then it is not legal. If the rules don't say you can specifically do something, then you can't.
The following users liked this post:
Marloon (09-02-2017)
Old 09-02-2017, 02:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can ballade please comment on whether or not this is legal for SCCA STR class?
Old 09-02-2017, 12:19 PM

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Marloon
Can ballade please comment on whether or not this is legal for SCCA STR class?
I am not Ballade, but the answer is no. It is not by definition a reprogrammable factory ecu. It is modified to become programmable, but it is not a s2000 ecu (rsx). If it used the s2000 ecu case as the base, it would abide by rules.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:45 AM

Definitely might be on my short list of things to purchase.
Old 09-14-2017, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by dc2-2-ap1
I am not Ballade, but the answer is no. It is not by definition a reprogrammable factory ecu.
It doesn't have to be a "factory Reprogrammable" computer. As long as it fits in the oem ecu case and uses OEM sensors then it is STR legal. I'm pretty sure because the oem s2000 case has to be modified, AND it needs RSX sensors, then it would not be legal in STR.
Old 09-21-2018, 08:29 AM
EOE

Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

Hey Guys,

Just a quick followup on this, has people tried this ECU, do you like it? I'd love a plug & play solution and would love to start tuning.
The following users liked this post:
davidc1 (03-27-2019)
Old 10-04-2018, 12:19 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Is it i need to buy a tuner for this or can I buy a tuned map like cobb ap or can I upload hondata into it?
Old 10-04-2018, 08:52 PM

Received 616 Likes on 422 Posts

Originally Posted by Kinesis 996
Is it i need to buy a tuner for this or can I buy a tuned map like cobb ap or can I upload hondata into it?
It's a programmable ECU. Think of it as having an AP built-in. You use Hondata on a laptop to make changes and upload maps etc. Sucks you got an 05....had you gone with an 06 you wouldn't have to deal with all of this nonsense and could've just used the AP equivalent aka Flashpro.
Old 10-19-2018, 06:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ballade sport you guys are very serious company and have great products. One question... What is the difference between Hondata K-pro P&P($2,500) Vs Doctronic proecu-S2k($1,400)?
Old 10-19-2018, 06:05 AM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I am surprised to see that there is not many people using this ProEcu-S2k on s2ki.
I am going supercharged, and i got an AEM EMS V1 with my (used) kit. I think I am going to change for this Doctronic solution in ordre to get back the ODB2 functions (necessary for technical inspection in France).
But, seeing that this Doctronic seems to do every as good (or best) than the AEM, I don't understand why there is so few people using it...

Quick Reply: DocTronics Plug & Play Honda S2000 ECU for 2000-05 Models