S2000 Engine Management Engine management topics, map and advice.

ECUMaster Black EMS for S2000

Old 04-02-2019, 01:52 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
Default ECUMaster Black EMS for S2000

Hello, we have been working the past few years with ECUMaster black ECU (UltraTech PRO EMS v2 for some markets) and wanted to share with the community that it works like a charm in the S2000. Actually, GearTech was involved in the development of various features for the s2000 including a plug and play adaptor for this ECU and seems to be a complete solution for our cars (personally run this in my S2k). It has all features mentioned above plus some more. Just to name a few: ECT dash functionality, OBDII basic support, USB, true VE based tuning, external logger with bluetooth functionality, android app, flex fuel, live auto tuning, 4bar built-in map, built-in 4.2 and 4.9 controller, vtec maps with window capability, purge control and secondary air injection pump functionality, stock knock support and many extra digital and analog inputs, low side and high side outputs. Plus some interesting features like traction control (RPM rate-based (included) or wheel speed-based with optional ABS speed read module, the latter rendering it a complete traction control solution with similar function to former racelogic traction control!), staged injection, complete boost control with many corrections, rolling antilag, rev matching functionality for H-pattern gearboxes, custom timers (e.g. reduce X deg of timing after Y sec under full load), Drive-by-wire and DSG gearbox control for the brave, both camshaft trigger support for fast engine start and redundancy and CAN bus connectivity and serial outputs for various dashes. All these at a very reasonable price (1100€) including plug and play box that fits in the stock s2000 location.
Old 04-03-2019, 05:25 AM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

This description looks good !
Do you have a link for this product ?
Is there documentation, support ?
Is it for 99-05 (non DBW) or for 06+ (DBW) ?
Old 04-03-2019, 12:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Sure. This is the link of the ECUMaster version: https://www.ecumaster.com/products/emu-black/

and the link for UltraTech (for specific markets): UltraTech PRO EMS v2

I will post some photos of the S2000 plug and play adaptor and box tomorrow.

The ECU can be used in all MY S2ks but honestly, since I am tuning Honda's since 2001, I see no reason not to use FlashPro for 06+ cars. At least for street cars.
Old 04-04-2019, 05:37 AM
Former Sponsor

Photo of ECU with S2000 plug and play adaptor.

The following users liked this post:
freq (04-05-2019)
Old 04-04-2019, 05:54 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

That sounds great!
Does this ecu work in different altitudes as well? Had issues with the aem v2 and baro settings when driving on mountain passes...the car was running too lean...
Old 04-04-2019, 01:26 PM
Former Sponsor

Absolutely! If your car is NA, you can use the built-in MAP as barometric pressure sensor and compensate for altitude (and keep stock S2k map for engine operation). If you are boosted >10lb, you can either use a 3-4bar MAP in the place of the stock one and use the internal map as baro, or use the internal MAP for engine operation and wire an additional sensor (for example the stock MAP placed somewhere in the cabin) as a baro sensor.

There is also a cheaper version of this ECU lacking CAN bus, DBW, IP65 rating, some motorsport functions (like blip for example) and traction control for about 200€ less. Since the smaller ECU (ECUMaster EMU classic / Ultratech PRO EMS evolution) is not sealed for water proofing, it has an additional barometric pressure sensor built in, apart from the main 4bar MAP sensor.
Old 04-05-2019, 02:50 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by gzob@GearTech
Absolutely! If your car is NA, you can use the built-in MAP as barometric pressure sensor and compensate for altitude (and keep stock S2k map for engine operation). If you are boosted >10lb, you can either use a 3-4bar MAP in the place of the stock one and use the internal map as baro, or use the internal MAP for engine operation and wire an additional sensor (for example the stock MAP placed somewhere in the cabin) as a baro sensor.

There is also a cheaper version of this ECU lacking CAN bus, DBW, IP65 rating, some motorsport functions (like blip for example) and traction control for about 200€ less. Since the smaller ECU (ECUMaster EMU classic / Ultratech PRO EMS evolution) is not sealed for water proofing, it has an additional barometric pressure sensor built in, apart from the main 4bar MAP sensor.
Sounds like a great solution all in all!
Any news on your F22 Signature Build?
Old 04-05-2019, 03:18 AM
Former Sponsor

Yes, we are receiving final engine parts on Tuesday and we start assembly. I will make a separate post for this project shortly. Thanks for asking!
Old 04-05-2019, 08:08 AM

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Very interesting. My question with all of these and OBD2 control is whether they actually run emissions diagnostics tests internally and then report those externally when polled. I've been pretty committed to KPro since I moved to where my car has had to have emissions testing, but was on an AEM V1 before that. I really miss the power, ease of tuning, and reliability of tuning that comes with a full standalone vs. what's basically a piggyback system.

Tim
Old 04-06-2019, 11:22 AM
Former Sponsor

Full OBD support (readiness tests etc) is under development.

Quick Reply: ECUMaster Black EMS for S2000