S2000 Engine Management Engine management topics, map and advice.

ECUMaster Black EMS for S2000

Old 04-15-2019, 03:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Yet, another S2000 plug and play application.

Old 07-19-2019, 05:23 AM

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by gzob@GearTech
Full OBD support (readiness tests etc) is under development.
Any updates on this?

Tim
Old 07-22-2019, 01:43 AM
Former Sponsor

Hello. Unfortunately, not yet
Old 08-29-2019, 02:17 PM

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

I have been a user of the AEM EMS V2 for 4-5 years and always found it easy to get my head round the software after studying the manual. The thing is with the AEM is that its getting on abit and tuning is moving forward with VE tuning. Certain aspects of the AEM were frustrating at times but it still proved to be a good ecu.

I recently got an ECUmaster classic from Nick in Greece. I had been thinking of an Infinity, ME221 or the Haltech. The decision came down to the fact that i have had dealings with nick before and i trust his opinion. Nick also offers tuning via datalogs and teamviewer for people who don't want to risk damaging their engine.

I have to say im very impressed so far. There were a few teething problems but they were resolved very quickly and before i knew it i was out in the car datalogging and tuning it. The interface is easy to use self explanatory and if you get stuck the help button is on all the menus with great explanations of each function. Within about an hour i had a good fuel map and i was tuning full throttle.

My conclusion is that its a very flexible easy to use ECU and with the loom adapter its pretty much plug and play. Price wise its less than a brand new AEM EMS V2 but its obviously alot more advanced.
Old 08-29-2019, 02:57 PM

Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts

Not much information on this; Would love to see some dyno #'s
Old 08-29-2019, 11:21 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Quad-Damage
Not much information on this; Would love to see some dyno #'s
Dyno is pretty useless unless back to back tested on the same car on the same day, fully tuned with different ECUs. Noone would really expect though a measurable increase in power just by swapping between modern ECUs. Ignition timing accuracy and injector phasing could have some minor effect but but still not measurable among generic tunable ECUs on street cars. I can provide any dyno plots with S2k's with nearly any engine modification combo you may like, all on a dynapack dyno.
Old 08-30-2019, 12:45 PM

There is alot of other cars running this ecu but not many S2000's in the UK or the USA.

Some of the functions that are good are
- on board wideband controller which will improve life of the sensor. I'm not using this function ive opted to use my PLX 0-5v AFR input if i didnt have a wideband i would get one
- Bluetooth adapter so you can use your phone or a tablet as a virtual dashboard. This is a great idea and im tempted to get the adapter
- autotune via datalogs. The ecu looks at your target VE and your actual VE and is able to correct these automatically. The more information and samples you feed into it the closer it will get to the correct value. I have only used this a few times but its already been very good. You basically plug your laptop in, start the datalogger and go for a drive. The longer you drive the better the information will be.

It basically has all the features of the AEM and a few more modern additions. It simplifies the whole process compared to the AEM.

The EMU classic is enough for the s2000 but for the hardcore person the black has alot of additional features.
Old 09-01-2019, 12:30 PM

Received 123 Likes on 98 Posts

Is the PNP adapter something you guys make? I'm not seeing it for sale anywhere
Old 09-01-2019, 01:17 PM

Yeah i think Geartech make the adapter. Bolts in to the factory location
Old 09-01-2019, 02:29 PM

Received 123 Likes on 98 Posts

Ah, you're right, I finally found it.
GEARTECH ENGINEERING - PLUG & PLAY INTERCONNECTORS

Quick Reply: ECUMaster Black EMS for S2000