S2000 Engine Management Engine management topics, map and advice.

which Flahspro calibration should I use

Old 03-09-2010, 09:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which Flahspro calibration should I use

Hi Guys, I've ordered my flashpro and I am excited. I've seen so far that there is no stock calibration for the K&N FIPK, which is the intake I have and also the only mod that I have. I was wondering, should I run the base map of the AEM or the fujita? Hondata should release one for the FIPK considering that it is a very popular intake as well. Thanks for your help!
Old 03-09-2010, 10:07 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I would start with the stock tuned map, then optimize columns 9 and 10 to smooth out the fuel curve using the datalogs at WOT only. It would only take a couple 3rd gear pulls to get it right. With so few mods, you really don't need to worry about part throttle tuning.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:33 AM

I'm not very confortable with tuning myself... I'll read more and make some test and I guess I'll be able to do it. Thanks!

Also I'm worried about the cell that pop when you use the flashpro, is it automatic that I will get it by uploading the stock map from hondata and datalogin? my S2000 have 35000 miles and never had any problem for the moment.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:42 AM
Former Sponsor

If you read the help documentation, you'll find everything you need to do the basic fuel tuning for your application. The FlashPro software will give fuel adjustment recommendations based on the datalogs. Basically, as long as you get a good datalog, WOT fuel tuning is a snap.

I don't think there is any real correlation between CEL's and the FlashPro.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:27 AM

Did you still have the cell? what did you do to remove it?

Thanks again for all your time and answer.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:50 AM
Former Sponsor

The only CEL (check engine light) that I've had to deal with was when I replaced my catalytic converter with a test pipe. I dealt with it by disabling the secondary O2 sensor using the FlashPro.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by gernby,Mar 9 2010, 11:07 AM
I would start with the stock tuned map, then optimize columns 9 and 10 to smooth out the fuel curve using the datalogs at WOT only. It would only take a couple 3rd gear pulls to get it right. With so few mods, you really don't need to worry about part throttle tuning.
When you said 3rd Gear pull, I guess you mean from the lower speed like 2000rpm until redline? do I need to hit the redline? I press datalog before flooring and stop it after hitting the cut off? is it the way to do it? I do it a few times is there any preference in the outside weather? does it make any effect if we are 2 in the car when I do it?

I didn't receive my flashpro yet, I guess I'll need to play with it to learn how it work but i'm stress about playing in my programation... what do I do after I got those datalog? Will the flashpro help me and give me some advice about what I should do?

Thanks again!
Old 03-17-2010, 05:54 AM
Former Sponsor

I do start my 3rd gear pulls at about 2K RPMs and go all the way to red line. Try not to bounce the rev limitter much. Having more weight in the car is probably better, since the longer it takes for the engine to accellerate, the better the resolution and accuracy of the datalog.

If you have a relatively vacant, flat road nearby that you can safely do about 80 MPH without worrying about cops or accidents, that would be best.

You do need to datalog the whole pull, but it isn't critical to start it right at 2K and stop it right at red line. Just start the datalog a few seconds before you go full throttle, and stop it a few seconds after you lift throttle. Basically, don't try fumbling for the datalog button at 80 MPH.

I wouldn't try doing my primary tuning when the weather is abnormal. Do it on a day that is typical for your area, then double check that the tune is still okay on days that are abnormal.

I suggest reading as much as you can before doing any tuning. It would be really helpfull for you to read the whole FlashPro documentation, and there is quite a bit here in this forum too.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:36 AM

And will the flashpro give me some advise about what I should do?
Old 03-17-2010, 11:45 AM
Former Sponsor

The software does allow you to set your desired air / fuel ratios, and will use the datalogs to make suggested fuel adjustments by RPM and load. However, I'm not aware of any similar features for anything else (timing, compensations, etc.).

Quick Reply: which Flahspro calibration should I use