S2000 Engine Management Engine management topics, map and advice.

Issues and support for LINK ECU in Central Florida

Old 04-29-2024, 10:30 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Issues and support for LINK ECU in Central Florida

What’s up everyone! Apologize ahead of time for what’s gonna be a somewhat long post but I’ve ran out of options

2002 S2000 full bolt on (minus header) and tuned on a LINK G4X by Evans tuning. The tune seems great aside from a major hesitation and bucking im getting at low speed (under 10 mph) and only when the car is up to temperature. Pretty much after about 30 mins of driving, if I’m crawling around a parking lot or inching up in traffic, the AFR will go super rich (like 9-10) and the car will buck all around until you give it more throttle. The AFR will then lean out and the car will drive normal.

I had a friend helping through email looking at logs and he seems to believe there is an issue with the AEM wideband and gauge I have installed. The connection between the wideband/gauge and ECU is probably not good which is throwing off my readings at low rpm.

I reached out to Jeff Evans about the issue and he couldn’t narrow it down either.

I have two options at this point. Option 1 is get rid of all the AEM stuff and install a LINK wideband with CAN gauge. Option 2 is throw the stock ECU back in the car and forget all this tuning shit lol.

For now, I have gone option 1 and purchased the LINK wideband and CAN gauge. However, what I have noticed is the wiring isnt long enough to reach from the wideband into the car to plug into the ECU. I probably need the CAN 2 meter long extension which I’ll buy.

the problem is, no one in central Florida that I can find tunes on LINK or can help install this stuff if I run into an issue. Last thing I want is to be mid installing this stuff and run into an issue and can’t get my car back together to drive it.

Everyone says LINK is the best ECU to have which is all good but it means nothing if I can’t find any professionals in my area to work on it

Any help is appreciated

Last edited by sonic9; 04-29-2024 at 10:33 PM.
Old 05-10-2024, 08:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got my 05 NA with link G4X tuned by evans also and I have the same exact issue although it’s not always happening. I have AEM X series wideband that I wired through CAN 1. I sometimes give it a little more gas taking off so it doesn’t bog and bounce around.

im currently having another issue that neither I, or evans, or the guy from LINK can figure out. The car cranks and doesn’t start I have fuel and spark. my trigger 2 (cam sensor) only gives 0.20 volts instead of 5 during cranking in the trigger scope test. And I can’t figure out why it but hopefully soon I will post a thread about it.