S2000 Engine Management Engine management topics, map and advice.

K series IACV on F series with Haltech

Old 11-12-2017, 10:19 AM

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default K series IACV on F series with Haltech

Hey guys. I need some help here. Maybe someone could shed some light. I finally was able to crank over the engine to start after some long down time due to a new intake manifold installation. Before we get into the issue, here are some notable details....

The car is a 2005 S2000 with a Haltech Platinum Pro. It was last tuned using the OEM Honda intake manifold, RDX fuel injectors and a 69mm TB. All this on E85. All OEM sensors utilized.

My new set up has a Skunk2 Ultra race IM, id1000 fuel injectors, Ktuned 80mm TB, K series ECT and AEM IAT. I am using the Haltech onboard MAP sensor input and using K series IACV. I already changed the injector flow rates, verified temps and verified MAP signal.

The problem I am having is when I start the car..the RPM goes up to about 3,000 hangs out for about 2-3 secs then quickly drops RPM until it shuts off. I know it has ignition cause it tries to recover and idle once its pretty much dead (I can hear the last few cylinders firing). I know it has fuel pressure cause the gauge shows 45psi. 95% sure I do not have any vacuum leaks. Does anyone have any info a Kseries IACV vs a S2000 IACV? I have done nothing to any IACV signals in the ECM. Not sure if I can even do anything to the IACV at all. Pretty much the Haltech is sending F series signals to the K series IACV. Is this even a concern?
Old 11-12-2017, 11:57 AM

Received 426 Likes on 362 Posts

I was just comparing kpro calibrations and it seems the S2000 cal has a bit higher duty cycle on the IACV compared to the k-series calibrations.
Never used Haltech but I would be surprised if there isn't options to change this and see if it idles any better.
Old 11-12-2017, 12:28 PM

Thanks flanders. Here's what I have. This is all I have I believe. Looked all around on the program....I have no clue what to do with this. Anyone have a clue?

Not sure why my photo was cut off at the bottom, but it has three more boxes to check.

Thermofan 1 Offset tables
Thermofan 2 Offset tables
Generic Duty Offset Table

Last edited by AP2SSM; 11-12-2017 at 12:33 PM.
Old 11-12-2017, 01:10 PM

Maybe try upping the frequency to 350 and see what that does.
I would also check if Haltech have a base calibration for any k-series engine and check the values on that.
Old 11-12-2017, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by flanders
Maybe try upping the frequency to 350 and see what that does.
I would also check if Haltech have a base calibration for any k-series engine and check the values on that.
great idea dude. Here’s what I found under dc5 and ep3 I shall enter these numbers now and get it a whirl
Old 11-12-2017, 01:30 PM

It didnt work....man how frustrating..maybe the manifold being so much larger than OE makes a huge difference on the load map to the point it wont even idle?
Old 11-12-2017, 10:41 PM

You also changed TPS, ECT and IAT sensor, are those calibrated?
Old 11-13-2017, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by flanders
You also changed TPS, ECT and IAT sensor, are those calibrated?
The TPS is calibrated for sure I did that before the start i didnt mention that. ECT is 2 degrees off. However IAT was reading 120. Not sure how to scale that one.
Old 11-13-2017, 08:37 PM

Ok I figured out the iat calibration process. Pretty easy. Found an old thread on here about scaling the aem iat. Now, how possible would it be that since the haltech was reading an air temp of 118-120F (it was actually about 79-83F in my garage) and the ect was reading 81F, that it was keeping the engine from performing a proper start up? Maybe there was some miscalculations there with ect and iat. Sort of like uncharted territory. I saw on the widband O2 sensor a few times go from >14.XX AFR down to >11.XX AFR before it died.
Old 11-15-2017, 09:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, the inlet manifold size wont make a difference to the car starting and idling.

Have you started the car and applied a little throttle once it has started? If car starts and runs fine with a little throttle then its idle settings.

Make sure EVERYTHING that is fitted has been selected and applied on the setup wizard. I don't have the Haltech, I have infinity but sure its pretty similar in setting up. Make sure TPS is calibrated, the Map sensor is selected, Injectors are the correct ones, IAT, Coolant sensor.. etc etc. Is your car DBW or is it cable? I know I had an issue with mine where I have the Full Blown Inlet manifold, with the car being a cable setup, I didn't adjust the cable properly on the holding bracket next to the throttle body. I tweaked this and the car started fine.

Quick Reply: K series IACV on F series with Haltech