S2000 Engine Management Engine management topics, map and advice.

Kpro autotune

Old 04-13-2016, 01:45 AM

Received 427 Likes on 363 Posts
Default Kpro autotune

There is not much information in the Hondata help sections or forums about the autotune feature but I managed to get it working.
Anyone have any experience using it and is it a safe and effective way to get the part throttle tables tuned?
What settings do you recommend using here for example?
Old 04-14-2016, 05:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cant speak for KPro's auto tune but I can say it works well on my Bazzaz setup for my Triumph 675r bike. I use it at the track to dial in fueling for a given day being that I am in TX and temps swing a lot here. I can run a few laps log the recommended changes and accept them all\partially or not. I would rather see this type of setup for KPro and I intend to use it soon. The tech behind this is getting really good and at least from my motorcycle experience its a positive difference. Once I accept changes and run another session I confirm whats been applied by re-logging and I am set for the day. Once I play with KPro's autotune I will try to add my thoughts here.

I would say that I would save a new calibration specific to autotune and ease into it by setting 5% changes first. Then after first log turn it off and do another\similar drive log it and compare. You will quickly get a feel and confidence for it. Its probably not perfect especially in cases where certain parts of the rpm range are not hit much. Thats when I see the most issue. If you can find a place to slowly roll through an rpm range you will get the most feedback and accuracy. On motorcycles they do it on a dyno by holding the gas at a specific TPS until revs stop and that will cover each area of a map and provide a highnumber of readings which gives accuracy of recommended changes since its all an avg.

Hope this helps some.