S2000 Engine Management Engine management topics, map and advice.

Kpro V4 and gauges help

Old 03-03-2016, 09:21 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Kpro V4 and gauges help

I currently have Kpro V4 on my turbo setup. I run a dual gauge pod with aem boost/wideband.

I am wondering if it's possible to display the gauges on my phone instead of using the gauges in the pods? Or do the sensors need to relay information through the gauge and then back to the ECM in order to work. Basically I want to directly wire the sensors to ECM without using the display. Just not sure if it's possible.

I would like to end up with fuel pressure/boost/wideband/oil pressure all displayed on my phone.
Old 03-05-2016, 06:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a PLX wideband with my KPro4 and display it via their phone App. I do have the PLX gauge but its not required since KPro4 uses it for data logging as well. You assign the wideband for AF and you are good to go. I cannot speak for AEM stuff but at least you know its possible.
Old 03-05-2016, 07:04 AM

Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by surferboy120
I have a PLX wideband with my KPro4 and display it via their phone App. I do have the PLX gauge but its not required since KPro4 uses it for data logging as well. You assign the wideband for AF and you are good to go. I cannot speak for AEM stuff but at least you know its possible.
Does the hondata app also display aftermarket sensors that have been wired into the kpro? Like oil/fuel pressure, etc?
Old 03-05-2016, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by afzan
Originally Posted by surferboy120' timestamp='1457192679' post='23899872
Does the hondata app also display aftermarket sensors that have been wired into the kpro? Like oil/fuel pressure, etc?

I would checkout their forums to be sure but it should since KPro4 supports all of that now and all you do is assign it.

https://www.hondata.com/mobile
Old 03-08-2016, 02:04 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

thanks, according to their forums it's not possible to display on the phone app it would only be able to be seen on the laptop incase any one else was interested.
Old 03-08-2016, 02:27 AM

Received 426 Likes on 362 Posts

There is or was another app called Sdash that I think could show those kind of additional sensors.
Connection was made via USB and not bluetooth though.
Old 03-08-2016, 03:08 AM

Hey blixhavn I am running my PLX wideband as primary O2 with no other primary. It's wired via analog input an it displays via phone app no problem.

I believe if you replace existing sensors that KPro show such as AF vs oil pressure then your ok. You can't add anything to phone app as of yet though is what I suspect. Again this would need to be clarified.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-08-2016, 05:51 AM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by surferboy120
Hey blixhavn I am running my PLX wideband as primary O2 with no other primary. It's wired via analog input an it displays via phone app no problem.

I believe if you replace existing sensors that KPro show such as AF vs oil pressure then your ok. You can't add anything to phone app as of yet though is what I suspect. Again this would need to be clarified.

Hope this helps.
this sounds bad. you have a wide band in place of the OE narrow band O2 sensor? most people add the wide band in addition to the stock one. unless you are running Kpro swap, which uses the RSX wide band.
Old 03-08-2016, 07:46 AM

Received 426 Likes on 362 Posts

There is nothing bad about that doing that, with kpro4 you can choose external wideband sensor for closed loop operation.
Only negative about that is maybe the reliability of aftermarket sensor vs OEM.
Old 03-10-2016, 10:19 AM

Thanks Flanders for the comment. The Bosch sensor is super reliable to use and cost effective so its a win win being that the accuracy is higher and overall quality. PLX even has a health feature and can tell when its close to replacement time based off how quick the O2 responds. Tech is getting really good. Also as a fail safe I do have the stock sensor plugged up just in case and then I just update KPro accordingly.

Quick Reply: Kpro V4 and gauges help