S2000 Engine Management Engine management topics, map and advice.

Link plug and play ecu

Old 06-28-2016, 08:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Link plug and play ecu

Just thought i would let you know link will be releasing a g4 plug and play ecu for the S2000 also ecus for the k20 cars in November
No more need to use AEM shite
Old 06-28-2016, 09:59 AM

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

I don't know much about them, but I do know there have been several companies over the last few years that were releasing an engine management unit for this platform, but disappeared once there was a following. I won't hold my breath.
Old 04-02-2017, 01:58 PM

Hello guys, This is Adam from Link Engine Management. I was alerted to this thread when we had a few users ask us "when is our S2000 ECU going to be released". Unfortunately we are not making one and have never intended to. I dont know where the original poster "mikeflg" got his info from but it seems it is a fairy-tale. I guess there is a possibility that he is developing some type of "plugin" solution himself using one of our wire-in ECU's and an adapter harness but it it not something we are involved with.
Old 04-02-2017, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Adam@Linkecu
Hello guys, This is Adam from Link Engine Management. I was alerted to this thread when we had a few users ask us "when is our S2000 ECU going to be released". Unfortunately we are not making one and have never intended to. I dont know where the original poster "mikeflg" got his info from but it seems it is a fairy-tale. I guess there is a possibility that he is developing some type of "plugin" solution himself using one of our wire-in ECU's and an adapter harness but it it not something we are involved with.
I got the information from the link stand off the area manager at Goodwood festival of speed off the same man as he supplies us with Links for all our Skylines at RB Mototsport so whos full of shit LINK
turns out its realy a replacement for an FCON when i last enquired
Maybe keep better control of your staff and dont get my hopes up and make me look a fool
Old 11-15-2017, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by mikeflg
I got the information from the link stand off the area manager at Goodwood festival of speed off the same man as he supplies us with Links for all our Skylines at RB Mototsport so whos full of shit LINK
turns out its realy a replacement for an FCON when i last enquired
Maybe keep better control of your staff and dont get my hopes up and make me look a fool
I got told link are making an ECU for the s2000 by one of their reps at driftlands in august 2017??? Would be nice to get something definitive before I supercharge my car.
Old 11-15-2017, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by Noa230473
I got told link are making an ECU for the s2000 by one of their reps at driftlands in august 2017??? Would be nice to get something definitive before I supercharge my car.
Sorry that is not true, we are not currently working on a S2000 plugin.

Can you PM me anything you remember about the person you discussed this with - ie, was it Link sales staff or perhaps just a dealer? - old guy, young guy etc? I will investigate and try find out what the story is.
Old 04-21-2021, 05:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

But now it is!
The following 2 users liked this post by blue92ehsi:
housetribe (10-13-2021), timg (04-22-2021)
Old 04-21-2021, 06:32 PM

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Very interesting. Thanks for posting. This is likely the most powerful plug-in ECU available for the S2000 and is definitely the most modern. Pricing is highly competitive. I noticed a basemap for a plug and play S2000 G4X over the last few weeks, but when I searched there was no info on the web about it yet. Link has some pretty awesome help files and one of the most advanced fuel models available in consumer grade ECUs.

I've been researching ECUs for the last couple of months and started putting together a detailed Excel comparison. I would like to replace my KPro 4 at some point, but need to figure out how to do this and retain the ability to pass yearly emissions testing. This summer/fall, I'm going to be converting a Triumph TR6 to ITBs using original factory fuel injection manifolds. I thought this would be a good, low-risk opportunity to test/learn a new ECU without needing to worry about blowing up my S2000. Link Fury was one of a very small number of ECUs I am considering. I've been trying out all of the major vendors software packages to test building maps from scratch. People rave about their ECUs, but the Link software has the slowest/least responsive performance of any software I've tested (mostly in VMWare Fusion, but with a ton of ram, processor cores, and dedicated graphics turned on). I'm going to have to take a much closer look at them and maybe try their software on a different laptop or play with it more in BootCamp.

Edit: Just came out of BootCamp. The Link software was very fast and responsive in BootCamp. I wonder what it is about VMWare Fusion that Link doesn't get along with, or if Parallels would be better.

Tim