S2000 Engine Management Engine management topics, map and advice.

Using the RSX wideband with the Kpro

Old 11-25-2009, 02:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is how I feel about it. I think driving around with a 5 volts of resolution versus 1 volt is a lot better.
Old 11-25-2009, 06:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JustinC,Nov 17 2009, 05:40 AM
The RSX wideband can read down to 11.5, the other widebands can read down to 10:1. You shouldn't really be running anywhere near 11.5, 12 is usually as rich as people go. Lean cut works really well. If you are NA you usually use a time of 1000ms and 14.2 as the value, it works very fast.
actually, 14.7 and 250ms is a better setting.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by EliteTuning,Nov 25 2009, 10:40 PM
actually, 14.7 and 250ms is a better setting.
Yes, 250ms is a better setting, but it sometimes causes the lean cut to be too sensitive.
Old 01-30-2010, 04:58 PM

Great info! I think this is a must!

So in KManager all that is needed is to unselect "use secondary O2 as primary" ??

EDIT: One more thing, why are there more than one labels for the wire locations coming from the ECU? ie. the PHO2SHTC being labeled A1 and D8? Sorry, just trying to get my head around the wiring.
Old 01-30-2010, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by 96-EJ6,Jan 30 2010, 07:58 PM
Great info! I think this is a must!

So in KManager all that is needed is to unselect "use secondary O2 as primary" ??

EDIT: One more thing, why are there more than one labels for the wire locations coming from the ECU? ie. the PHO2SHTC being labeled A1 and D8? Sorry, just trying to get my head around the wiring.
The pin is A1, hondata made it available on the S2000 ECU on pin D8

Also, you will need to create a PRB map in order to use the ECU in this manner, the one supplied is from Hondata is a PRA map.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by JustinC,Jan 30 2010, 07:21 PM
The pin is A1, hondata made it available on the S2000 ECU on pin D8

Also, you will need to create a PRB map in order to use the ECU in this manner, the one supplied is from Hondata is a PRA map.
Ok, so the pin numbers to the left of the wire descripition in your drawing are those for the PRB ECU, and the one's on the right are the locations that I need to add the wires to my S2000 harness, correct?

For the PRB calibration do all of the S2000 'setup' guidelines apply other than the O2 swapping. For example miltiplexer disabled, imobilizer disabled, alternate A/C input selected, ect? You're then scaling for the larger injectors and copying and pasting the fuel and ignition values from the S2000 basemap?

You have this setup running and working correctly in your car right?

I apologize for all the questions, I'm installing my K-Pro this week and having the fractory wideband would be ideal. Hondata should really have this as an option with The K-Pro! Any chance you could email me a calibration file???

Thank you for your time and effort!
Old 01-31-2010, 08:06 AM

Correct, the settings work across the board like you are asking, immobilizer disabled, etc...

The pin numbers are for the last connector that hondata provides with the cam/crank harness. You will need to add ECU pins and follow my diagram to allow this to work.

I think I may still have a cal file that is untuned and will need to be tuned before using it. I would only send it to you with the absolute understanding that it is just values copied from a PRA map to a PRB and I offer no limit as to if the map is safe to drive on in any shape/way/form or fashion. I have a map that was tuned on my car with just an intake, but I had to pay for it, so I'm not just giving it away for free.

Yes, this setup has been running on my car for about 8 to 10,000 miles.
Old 01-31-2010, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by JustinC,Jan 31 2010, 09:06 AM
I think I may still have a cal file that is untuned and will need to be tuned before using it. I would only send it to you with the absolute understanding that it is just values copied from a PRA map to a PRB and I offer no limit as to if the map is safe to drive on in any shape/way/form or fashion. I have a map that was tuned on my car with just an intake, but I had to pay for it, so I'm not just giving it away for free.

Yes, this setup has been running on my car for about 8 to 10,000 miles.
Awesome, just the untuned map would be great. I understand that a basemap is just a starting point. I'd just like to look at all the settings, and have a rough starting piont to tune from. I'll be installing my supercharger and the K-pro this coming week and hopefully tuning next Saturday. I guess I need to order my RSX-S AFR sensor!

Thank you again for your help and insight, my email is Nwindom@hotmail.com
Old 02-02-2010, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by 02s2knick,Feb 2 2010, 09:44 AM
you can also wire in a uego sensor...you jus have to change the settings in kmanager and the uego sensor will read richer than the rsx O2. the rsx O2 can only read as low as 11.0 any lower and its inaccurate and i beleave with the aem you can get as low as 10.0s with it wired to kpro.
This is not acurate, you are talking about using the ELD input to run a 3rd party wideband, which is for datalogging only. We are talking about replacing the stock narrowband with a RSX wideband to use during normal driving and for datalogign purposes.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JustinC,Feb 2 2010, 09:49 AM
This is not acurate, you are talking about using the ELD input to run a 3rd party wideband, which is for datalogging only. We are talking about replacing the stock narrowband with a RSX wideband to use during normal driving and for datalogign purposes.
probably why he deleted his post

wth is wrong with people

Quick Reply: Using the RSX wideband with the Kpro