S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

AEM Infinity

Old 11-13-2018, 08:07 AM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
Default AEM Infinity

Hey,

For anyone who has the AEM Infinity, where did you mount it? I've seen pictures of it and with the PnP harness, I have no idea where it would actually fit.

As for the unit itself, how is it? I'm looking to upgrade my AEM V1 to either a V2 or the infinity. If I can't find a used V2, brand new for about 200 more I can get the infinity. The question comes down to, is it worth it or not? I'm primarily looking to upgrade for the added features of the V2 over the V1 but assuming a used V2 goes for ~900 ish, is the infinity worth the extra ~700 bucks? Is it really THAT much better? I have an ILP stage 1 kit making ~400 hp nothing crazy. The v1 has worked for me since 2006 so clearly anything new I get is just frosting on the cake.

I know the new buzz word is VE but whether you're making a VE map or you're making a fuel map, you're still making a map either way. I'm not convinced VE is necessarily better than fuel; it's just a different way of doing things. But hey, my mind is open to new ideas!
Old 11-13-2018, 09:16 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I switched from Kpro V4 to Infinity last year....totally worth it! We mounted it where the stock ECU went.

I mainly switched for all the Fail-Safe features. We have also setup traction control, which is awesome. Pretty sure we made a little more power with the Infinity too (same boost level).

Overall, I'm totally impressed with the Infinity and very happy I switched over.....I say if you can swing it, go for the Infinity! I'm sure you'd be happy with it over the V1
Old 11-13-2018, 02:02 PM

Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by Spec_Ops2087
Hey,

For anyone who has the AEM Infinity, where did you mount it? I've seen pictures of it and with the PnP harness, I have no idea where it would actually fit.
if you're talking about the AEM pnp harness - they give you velcro tape to put the infinity in the same area that the stock ecu goes, it's not ideal but it works... Alternatively you can look into the SOS infinity setup
Old 11-13-2018, 05:02 PM

Received 616 Likes on 422 Posts

SoS setup is the best. They make a custom bracket and harness so it all bolts in like factory and connects in the same manner. The AEM harness is big and bulky, the SoS solution is much more compact and clean.
Old 11-13-2018, 06:48 PM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by S2kys
SoS setup is the best. They make a custom bracket and harness so it all bolts in like factory and connects in the same manner. The AEM harness is big and bulky, the SoS solution is much more compact and clean.
Old 11-14-2018, 06:26 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have mine mounted in factory location per recommendation of instructions. I'm using the AEM harness and it all fits snug as a bug in a rug. I upgraded from V2 and couldn't be happier. Ability to tune injection end timing. Adjusted injector offset per fuel pressure. VE based tuning which makes things faster, speaking of faster the unit it self is far superior in processing speed vs older units. Many more benefits to list. The infinity is also designed and manufactured by a totally different company than AEM. AEM just private labels the infinity along with personalized software. Well worth the upgrade. I purchased mine from moddiction, there shipping and customer service was top notch
Old 11-14-2018, 05:37 PM

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by afzan
if you're talking about the AEM pnp harness - they give you velcro tape to put the infinity in the same area that the stock ecu goes, it's not ideal but it works... Alternatively you can look into the SOS infinity setup
Don't forget that it also bolts into one of the stock ECU bolt hole locations to hold it in place with the velcro tape.
Old 11-14-2018, 08:04 PM

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Do it! I went with SOS Infinity kit and e85 flex fuel kit. Plug and play newb proof. Also you can do things like this with their software:

​​​​​​
Old 11-14-2018, 08:11 PM

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by F1TwoThousand
Do it! I went with SOS Infinity kit and e85 flex fuel kit. Plug and play newb proof. Also you can do things like this with their software:

https://youtu.be/EE5i1_4b1lc

​​​​​​
That's sweet. Do you somehow merge a datalog and GoPro video or?
Old 11-14-2018, 08:38 PM

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by treimche
That's sweet. Do you somehow merge a datalog and GoPro video or?
You upload an aem infinity log and recorded video [i use my cellphone but you can use go pro or any video recording device] and merge/sync the two on aem data software and can do video overlays as shown. Their youtube tutorials walk you through it, this is modern tuning at it's best.
The following users liked this post:
treimche (11-15-2018)

Quick Reply: AEM Infinity