S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

AEM infinty 6 gaugeArt issue

Old 10-10-2014, 05:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AEM infinty 6 gaugeArt issue

So I have an Infinity 6 and just bought the gaugeArt CAN bus and I am having an issue with the readings freezing. The gaugeArt will load up and read fine for aout 30 - 40 seconds and then it will just freeze. If I turn my car off and turn it back on it will work again for the 30 or 40 seconds then freeze again. I have it installed per the instructions on the gaugeArt website. Has anyone else had this issue.
Old 10-23-2014, 06:42 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

We have this working fine in a S2000 with Infinity-6. It sounds like you have a communication problem between the gaugeART unit and the ECU. This can happen if the terminating resistor on the ECU side is not installed properly or the CAN wires are not twisted as mentioned (this if covered here: http://gaugeart.com/support/kb/?p=295). Have you contacted gaugeART support or posted on their support forum? http://gaugeart.com/forum/
Old 10-23-2014, 08:00 PM

I didnt have the CAN wires twisted originally so I twisted them and tried again connecting them to the end of the AEM net plug that is built into the AEM harness but I guess the CAN wires aren't twisted together in the AEM harness. Here is how I have the resistor installed:

That is the plug that goes directly into the Infinity. Should I connect the end of the CAN wires from the gaugeArt harness directly behind where the resistor is? Basically do I cut the CAN wires on the Infinity so there is only that 1.5" on the white wire and 1" on the green wire with the resistor between them and connect the guageArt harness to the back of it. I just dont want to cut the wire and it not work haha. I have posted this in the gaugeArt forum but it doesnt seem like anyone else actually has this hooked up to an infinity yet. They clarified the instructions some and then added the clarifications they made for me into the official instructions.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:24 AM
Former Sponsor

We know of several customers using these with AEM Infinitys reliably. Based on the signal being intermittent, I am assuming either the wires in the AEM harness are not twisted, the wire length of the gaugeART harness and AEM harness together is too long, or there is a short (connection is not solid).

You have the correct terminals selected. I would suggest cutting the wires from the back of the Infinity connector at 1" and 1.5", soldering the resistor in place like shown, and connect the gaugeART with the twisted white and green wires to the ends of the wires. Then, use shrink tube to reinforce the wire connections (the way you should in photo may not be rugged enough).

You can then test your connection using a ohm meter. WIth the key off, probe the CAN high and low terminals. You should be at approximately 60 ohms.
Old 10-26-2014, 07:45 AM

Right now I am using the full length of the gauge art CAN wires. If there is a chance that is too much wire then I can move my gauge art box so it is closer to the Infinity and try it out again.
Old 10-27-2014, 10:15 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by s2000 or 240sx
Right now I am using the full length of the gauge art CAN wires. If there is a chance that is too much wire then I can move my gauge art box so it is closer to the Infinity and try it out again.
The full length of the gaugeART harness is fine. My comment is based on your statement that you're adding this to the existing AEM harness, which it seems may not have the proper twists (and adding unnecessary length). I would recommend installing per the diagram on the gaugeART site, which has you added the gaugeART harness directly to where the terminating resistor was been added (rather than trying to piggy back on the AEM harness). Please contact us directly if you have any question on this, we're happy to help.
Old 11-09-2014, 03:44 PM

The gauges are still freezing after about 20 seconds.

I have the resistor soldered in and it is at 60 ohms with the key off and everything plugged in

As you can see it is soldered in place at the 1" and 1.5" mark

the CAN wires are twisted to the very end of the cable.

All of the connections were solid and it still isnt working correctly. I am too the point where I dont know what else I can do. I feel like I spent almost $1000 for nothing.
Old 04-15-2015, 12:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Any news? Did you get it to work right anyway?
Old 04-16-2015, 01:34 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Any news about this? Did you get it work right? Tanks
Old 08-24-2015, 05:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have an idea on when gaugeart fix/update for the infinity 6 will come out?. There Facebook says one month or twlo that was in March. It was a flex fuel issue and value off speed rpms.. The temp way off and that's a Aem issue but rest gaugartt as I told.

Quick Reply: AEM infinty 6 gaugeArt issue