S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

AEM Serial Gauge

Old 04-07-2014, 04:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEM Serial Gauge

I just want to start off by saying this thing is giving me a headache... I have activated the gauge via the wizard in AEM Pro and the gauge is reading the preloaded parameters. However, I cannot get this damn thing to connect to the Pro Gauge software. I bought the gauge used and from what I am reading there should be a disc with this thing with a calibration file. My guess is this is why I cannot get it to connect. I would check the AEM forums but, you guessed it, they are down. If someone has a calibration file they can send me or can shed some light on what I am doing wrong it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:13 AM

Received 102 Likes on 71 Posts

I hated the AEM serial as i found it difficult to program it for other sensors. Lack of motivation and knowledge on my part most likely.

You will need the software for the gauge to connect to a laptop for programming. I think a friend might have it. Ill ask him later today and see what we can do for you.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2014, 07:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to hookup my usb > serial to another serial into the guage

Load the software and a default serial.mdb config
The guage should say "USB" not sure you have to key the car on but might as well.

Then on the software theres 2 buttons ones an arrow dropdown, you need to find which port it is under the arrow - mine was port 7 I think.
Then hit the little pc icon button next to it to connect.

The guage should read like "--|" or something and flash and stuff when its hooked up
Old 04-07-2014, 08:04 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Good luck here man. I gave up and paid jeff evans to set them up for me. Its not simple and I feel it was well worth it letting someone with experience do it.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just used a plain serial cable. Software is very counter intuitive. Border line brain hurting. You wanna really annoy the shit out of yourself? Program the gauge to display o2 feedback percentage adjustment. I had to read the aem forums. It's some kind of sine wave flibertijibit jibber jabber bullshit. Thank god once it worked. That was it. Uploaded my file to both gauges and have not touched them in near four years. Fa fa fa fa f@#k that.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by E-Nough Logic
Originally Posted by camuman' timestamp='1396919077' post='23102099
I just used a plain serial cable. Software is very counter intuitive. Border line brain hurting. You wanna really annoy the shit out of yourself? Program the gauge to display o2 feedback percentage adjustment. I had to read the aem forums. It's some kind of sine wave flibertijibit jibber jabber bullshit. Thank god once it worked. That was it. Uploaded my file to both gauges and have not touched them in near four years. Fa fa fa fa f@#k that.
Haha it's fairly complicated but once you understand how the format works you can quickly enter all values.

O2 feedback adjustment off the top of my head would require the following entries:

Cell 0: 0 & cell 127: 50 interpolated
Cell 128: -50 & cell 255: 0 again interpolate the values in between using the auto fill feature.

Shameless plug alert... Buy my transmitter and download the free iOS app and you don't have to worry about this lol. I'm always here to help though if someone needs some assistance with their aem gauge.

hehehehehehehee. welp, someone jump on this, GOLD I TELL YOU. i searched for hours to find it.
Old 04-09-2014, 05:46 AM

I am using a female female DB9 adapter that plugs into my serial to usb adapter. This is the exact same cable I use for my ems so I know the cable is not the issue. I think my problem is I do not have the default Serial mdb configuration. To be clear I do have the pro gauge software.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One thing that can screw you up is you need to rename the new stuff you add in
The 3 character bit thats appears on the guage

Its going to default to something else and if theres 2 the same it won't show

pm me your email and I'll send you serial.mdb although its either in the aempro folders or with the pro gauge or you can download it from the guage and save it?
Old 04-10-2014, 08:14 AM

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...sAAA&gclsrc=ds
This is what I am using. Dan I sent you my email.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:21 AM

If the adapter is the issue could I use my original null cable for my ems in conjunction with the db9 adapter and usb adapter?

Quick Reply: AEM Serial Gauge