S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

AEM Serial Gauge

Old 08-01-2007, 05:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEM Serial Gauge

I'm trying to get connected to this sucker in Pro Gauge so I can configure it but I am having no luck at all. Has anyone here actualyl connected to it and was it as challenging as it seems to be for me? I've talked to Inline, and even AEM support directly and nobody seems to be able to tell me why when I select the COM port and hit connect it just cycles and cycles.

TIA.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I need to get mine setup too - it's installed but I never set any values.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:40 AM

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

I connected to mine last weekend... although I'm such a novice on the settings/parameters that I don't feel like the gauge has been effective to me. I still haven't figure out how to show PSI on it... just engine load in kPa.

As for connection... just make sure you're selecting the right COM port and have both female ends of the cable plugged into your laptop and gauge tightly. The only time I connected was when I was uploading the new settings I set in progauge... it wasn't connected real time (I don't think you can connect real time like EMS). Also, I used "flash gauge" to connect.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:00 AM

BTW, if anyone's curious how to get the serial gauge to read in PSI, I did find this posted by an admin on how to do it with the stock honda map sensor:

[QUOTE]Ok, the map sensor you have is good up to 11 psi.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:10 AM
abv

I have had sucess with it..

hokies2000
are you using a serial cable to connect or a usb?

the set up of the gauge is kinda tedious but once its in it works fine you can set warnings and change color values fairly easily..from what I've found the software dosent retain a memory (at least you cant see it) of the color settings and numerical values for the gauge..
Old 08-02-2007, 11:11 AM

Yeah they aren't much help for the serial gauge. I'm hdsupercrewf150 on there. I saw your post. I've tried selecting all com ports and I still can't change the values. I would love to update some things.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:51 AM

I *finally* figured it out. The problem was that I didn't get the female-female adapter with the gauge. So I went out and bought my own. Turns out though it's a null modem which means inside the the adapter the send/receive wires are crossed.

If you're having problems connecting and are using their adapter, here's the process I used:

1) connect gauge to serial port or serial/usb adapter. *don't turn on the car or ignition*
2) open pro gauge.
3) open the base calibration map.
4) in the toolbar, click the drop-down and select your com port.
5) click the connect button after selecting the com port.
6) turn on the ignition. the gauge should connect.

You'll have to go through this stupid process of turning the gauge on, off etc while you make updates. It works though.

Now all I want to know is how to monitor boost. I see the post above on the pro gauge side, but what do you send over in the telemetry setup on the EMS side? What parameter?
Old 08-02-2007, 12:17 PM

As far as I know you just go to the telemetry wizard and make sure the serial gauge is checked in green so that it knows to send all data to the gauge when it's plugged in... then you can choose which parameters you want to view in progauge. I could be wrong on that though.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:26 PM

That's right, but I don't know which parameter to send over for boost. I'm assuming it's related to MAP I just don't know which one.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by hokies2000,Aug 2 2007, 03:26 PM
That's right, but I don't know which parameter to send over for boost. I'm assuming it's related to MAP I just don't know which one.
Engine load 2 in progauge is what is reading PSI for me... I'm not sure what that is in EMS. However, I think as long as it's setup in the telemetry wizard, that's all you have to do. You then choose in progauge which parameters you want to read out of the 19 available to you.

Hopefully someone else who has more experience with this can help you but I'd say just make sure the serial gauge is checked green in the telemetry wizard... and then just work with progauge to choose what you want it to show.

Quick Reply: AEM Serial Gauge