S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

AEM Serial Gauge

Old 04-22-2012, 07:07 AM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

make sure to save copies of the original files that come with it and play with it. Its not hard to figure out and it can do some very cool things.

Example.. on a race car I setup a few years ago, we set the gauge to be completely blank and only act as a shift light unless any parameters we decided on were met then it would light up all red and display what was wrong. If fuel pressure dropped, it would light up red and display fuel pressure, same with oil pressure, if there was an overboost situation, if it spun tires to hard, wrong gear, etc.

If nothing was wrong it would just light up at whatever rpm.

On street cars we do the same thing except leave it to display something all the time (afr or boost is usually what people want) then switch to light up all red for shift light or change if something went wrong.

It is worth learning, it just has a very steep learning curve.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:59 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MisMyS
Serial Gauge = PITA

It will take you hours to set everything up the software sucks. I ended saying F'it and got rid of mine.
wow...pretty damning review
Old 04-22-2012, 07:18 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by starrman
Yes, I am having quite a bit of fun with it...what did you go too?
Nothing other than my laptop. I think many of us can agree that we get sucked into watching the guages constantly and worrying about it. So I got rid of the guage and the car and bought a Z06 ;-) Then I Missed My S so I bought another and I will not be using anything but a small AFR guage like this one.

http://www.zeitronix.com/Products/Ha..._Tweaker.shtml

Originally Posted by spectacle
Originally Posted by MisMyS' timestamp='1335038685' post='21630324
Serial Gauge = PITA

It will take you hours to set everything up the software sucks. I ended saying F'it and got rid of mine.
wow...pretty damning review
Yeah I hate to be like that but I was VERY disappointed about how poor the programing was and the lack of thought that went into the product. Just having Telemetry enabled alone was a pain as you can only connect in the first few seconds.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:43 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL, I have a chevy too, never drive it, always in the S.

I love that readout, you could put that thing anywhere....even inside the rearview.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think there should be a sticky for AEM SERIAL GAUGES!!!!!! any pros here have any more advice cause i just order one with my AEM series 2 and all i wanna read is BOOST is that easy???
Old 04-24-2012, 03:30 AM
Banned

yes, thats easy.. aem comes with preconfigured calibrations for each of their map sensors.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had mine for a few years, and every-time I feel comfortable with it, I get away for it for 6 months (car is down/winter/etc) and then it's like starting fgrom scratch again and re-learning.

I bought an oil sensor I need to get wired up and setup, just HATE messing with it. You'd think the aem forums would be helpful, but the info is very limited. Pretty crappy of a company imo to not support their equipment better.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:39 AM
Banned

Someone let me borrow one and ill post up a quick how-to
Old 04-24-2012, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by siadam
I've had mine for a few years, and every-time I feel comfortable with it, I get away for it for 6 months (car is down/winter/etc) and then it's like starting fgrom scratch again and re-learning.

I bought an oil sensor I need to get wired up and setup, just HATE messing with it. You'd think the aem forums would be helpful, but the info is very limited. Pretty crappy of a company imo to not support their equipment better.

The forum sucks, every question I see that would help...is not answered. I posted one over a year ago, no response.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by wadzii
Someone let me borrow one and ill post up a quick how-to

I am trying to get a carputer set up, and then I will just run AEMPro to a screen on the dash...soon as I do, I will send you mine.

Quick Reply: AEM Serial Gauge