S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

To ALL Walboro fuel pump users

Old 05-02-2010, 03:26 PM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
Default To ALL Walboro fuel pump users

To ALL Walboro fuel pump owners and users:

REWIRE your fuel pump with a direct feed from the battery!

Now let me say that I had no fuel related issues, my car is working 100% fine and has been for a while. The fuel pump is louder then stock but that's to be expected. My only issue is that when my gas tank would get low, my fuel pressure would start to slowly drop (I have a guage on my dash so I can monitor it real time). The same thing would happen on very hot days regardless of the fuel level. It also seemed to whine more as you drove it and fuel dropped.

I never thought anything about it until I read some of the past posts around here about people having issues with the walboro fuel pump (running lean, loud whinning, etc). I became a little curious about this issue and figured I would check it out.

Following this thread:

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showt...&#entry18460462

I decided to use 12 gauge wire (not that you need it this big but thats what radio shack sold so oh well), a standard automotive relay, an inline automotive fuse, and a 30amp fues to go along with it.

The wiring is very straight forward however time consuming due to removing the interior peices. Also getting to the connector, stripping its wires, etc is annoying since there is NO space back there. As for the relay, there is a schematic that comes with the relay incase you need help on wiring it (or see the thread above). I was suprised to see that the stock wiring was actually 18g wire which should be sufficent for the amperage the walboro draws. I'm guessing some where in the system between the ECU, relays, etc it looses voltage before it gets to its final destination.

Now for the good stuff.

After it was all said and done, I turned the key and instantly I knew the fuel pump was "different." It primed at a higher pressure and was noticably louder during priming. Turned the car on, and everything was normal. Wasn't any louder and wasn't any quieter though I noticed fuel pressure was much more stable. Before it would fluctuate a couple psi at idle, now it's dead on. I took a long drive today (hit 95F) and my fuel pressure remained constant at idle the whole time, my pressure never dropped as it used to and pressure never dropped as the tank became empty. Also, the pump did whine but it sounds different now...hard to describe but it now it sounds like a good whine where as before it sounded like it was dying.

All in all, I feel EVERY person who uses a walboro on a honda should consider rewiring their fuel pump. It's worth the 20 dollar investment
Old 05-02-2010, 03:30 PM

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Good writeup.
Old 05-02-2010, 04:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have done it and can confirm it is an easy mod. The standard fuelpump cables pulls the relay and the new thicker wires goes from battery -> relay -> pump.
Old 05-02-2010, 04:32 PM

I recently did this also and immediately heard/felt the differences.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:09 PM

This should be done with ANY fuel pump. 12ga is the smallest wire I would recommend. I use 10ga on mine.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:51 PM

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

I use 8 ga on mine but I have dual pumps. 10 ga on a single probably would be best but 12 ga should suffice.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol i was curious as to why when i bought my car i had a direct power to the fuel pump..Thanks guys!
Old 05-03-2010, 02:23 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I believe I gave this exposure a bit ago with my thread and installing an SC.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...c=779127&st=50
Old 05-03-2010, 04:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn. i thought only high hp cars needed this.

i might just do mine too.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:52 AM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by camuman,May 3 2010, 07:56 AM
damn. i thought only high hp cars needed this.

i might just do mine too.
Every car needs it regardless of power. I would highly recommend spending a few hours to do this

Quick Reply: To ALL Walboro fuel pump users