S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Any Haltech Platinum Pro users?

Old 05-24-2014, 08:35 AM

Received 423 Likes on 298 Posts
Default Any Haltech Platinum Pro users?

I have a tune in a couple weeks and am switching from Emanage to Haltech. The tuner wants a couple hundred to unbolt the stock ECU and put in the Haltech.

I see in the manual it says the Haltech is "configured" to the stock F20c and has a base map. The unit came with a quick start guide and no detailed instructions. So here are my questions:

1) Since mine is an SC if I take off the belt and use the Haltech base map is that map just good to idle and so forth or can I drive 15 miles to the tuners on the preconfigured Haltech without doing anything else but plugging it in?

2) If I have an analog output from a PLX wideband, which pin does it go into on the auxiliary connector?

3) In preconfigured base map mode, if I hook up a line to the internal MAP sensor will it automatically switch to that and ignore the stock sensor or is that configured by the tuner?

Thanks for any help, I am also putting a duplicate post in engine management.
Old 05-24-2014, 11:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can use the base map to cruise around as long as your injector sizing is set. Its set for stock size, just set dead time and size of you have larger and it'll drive ok.

To use the internal map sensor, you'll have to choose it from the drop down menu in the haltech software.

No clue on the wideband pin input.
Old 05-24-2014, 12:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a platinum pro. What is your setup? I can send you a map if it is anything like mine.
Old 05-24-2014, 12:37 PM

You also need to configure the haltech for any map sensor other than the stock one. I can be much more helpful when I am on my home computer.
Old 05-24-2014, 01:47 PM

Thanks for the replies.

Well if the supercharger is disconnected (a roots blower running 8 psi max and intercooled) it is just all stock except for an analog output from a PLX wideband and then I have deleted the stock O2 sensor. I have the stock MAP still hooked up but plan to use the internal on the Haltech in the future. I thought the injectors were 660's but I will have to check my emanage tune to be sure.

I am hoping to just be able to use a basemap of some kind and limp to the tuner when it is on the dyno, plug the hose in for the map sensor, and plug in the wire for the )2 sensor and avoid a couple hundred for 5 minutes work.
Old 05-24-2014, 04:01 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The Haltech comes with a connector and loose crimp-on terminal pins for the auxiliary inputs/outputs. The manual shows the pin-out diagram for that connector. You want to wire the AFR signal to AVI1. I can look up how mine is wired if you need me to, but using the Haltech manual and the manual for your PLX gauge it should be pretty self explanatory.

The stock base map that is preloaded should work fine as long as you're running the stock MAP sensor and you adjust the injector settings for the injector size and dead times.

The internal MAP is selected by a menu option in the software.
Old 05-25-2014, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by CoolGuy094
The Haltech comes with a connector and loose crimp-on terminal pins for the auxiliary inputs/outputs. The manual shows the pin-out diagram for that connector. You want to wire the AFR signal to AVI1. I can look up how mine is wired if you need me to, but using the Haltech manual and the manual for your PLX gauge it should be pretty self explanatory.

The stock base map that is preloaded should work fine as long as you're running the stock MAP sensor and you adjust the injector settings for the injector size and dead times.

The internal MAP is selected by a menu option in the software.

Thanks for the response. I found some step by step instructions on the web for switching the Haltech to run off the wideband in the software, the thing I am a little scared about is this.......

Generally I find if you wire the power and ground correctly to the Haltech box, the ground differences are minimal or even zero. This is a solid ECU where you don’t see typical “drifts” like you can on other ECUs.

So if I hook up the PLX analog output to AVI1 (which looks like pin #2 on the connector) will I have to also run a ground from the PLX module to pin #4 which is labeled "signal ground"? I have one wire coming from the PLX to the Emanage currently that is signal from the wideband to the piggyback, but no ground. Do I need to add a ground from the PLX to the Haltech that I currently do not have?

EDIT* I just found the PLX pin diagram and it does have a ground so I suppose I wire the signal to the AVI1 and then connect ground to ground and that should work?

And I also am not sure about "dead time" when referring to the injectors, I just double checked and they are 550's so I will change that to scale in the Haltech, but on my emanage they have some sort of .5 millisecond delay setting, is that the same as the dead time?
Old 05-25-2014, 02:11 PM

Correct on your *edit comment. You need the signal wire and ground wire from your gauge to the Haltech.
Old 05-28-2014, 06:08 PM

This seems like the perfect thread for me.

I just installed my vortech v3 and purchased the haltech pnp. A harness needs to be used to connect the wideband to the ecu?

also, has anyone used the autotune feature to tune the force inducted s2000 just to be driven around town? I plan on giving it 100-200 miles until a real dyno tune so I can prove out any problems in the install I'm doing, for example, leaking cooler pump, fuel injector leaks, and anything else.
Old 05-29-2014, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by Robertttstyle
This seems like the perfect thread for me.

I just installed my vortech v3 and purchased the haltech pnp. A harness needs to be used to connect the wideband to the ecu?

also, has anyone used the autotune feature to tune the force inducted s2000 just to be driven around town? I plan on giving it 100-200 miles until a real dyno tune so I can prove out any problems in the install I'm doing, for example, leaking cooler pump, fuel injector leaks, and anything else.
Haltech gives you the pictured connector and wire terminal pins in the box with your Platinum Pro PnP ECU. There is a port on the side of the ECU for this plug. Strangely, I had to slightly modify my plug with a Dremel tool in order for the plug to properly fit into the port. The plug had some ribs on the top (I think) that I had to shave off because the port didn't have cutouts for these ribs to fit into.

Anyway, the instructions manual for the Haltech shows what all the inputs/outputs are on this plug. There's two analog voltage inputs (for wideband signal, boost signal, anything that is a 0-5V voltage signal), two analog temperature input (for a non-OEM air temp sensor or oil temp sensor, etc.), and there's two digital pulsed outputs (for controlling boost solenoids) and two digital switched outputs (for controlling relays). All of the I/O's are settable in the software for whatever you are using them for.

I have an AEM wideband failsafe gauge that measures AFR and boost. That gauge has four output wires that I wired into the input pins on the Haltech plug. One is a constant +5 volt signal (reference signal), one is a signal ground, one is the AFR signal wire, and one is the boost signal wire. I wired in my boost signal to AVI1, and my AFR signal into AVI2, and inside the Haltech software I set AVI1 to MAP pressure and AVI2 to wideband input. I also had to set the scaling factors for each of these signals so that the Haltech would understand what the range of 0-5V means in terms of pressure for the boost signal, and in terms of AFR for the wideband signal. These scaling factors were found in the instructions manual for the AEM wideband failsafe gauge.

Hope this all makes sense. It will make better sense once you look at the instructions manual for the Haltech and for whatever gauge or device you are taking the signal from.

I've never used the autotune feature, nor would I rely on it personally. I would suggest NOT going into boost until you are on a dyno with a competent tuner. The S2000 base map should be pre-loaded on the ECU. Leave your stock MAP sensor on the car since its super easy and quick to swap at the dyno (a scaling table has to be set up for aftermarket MAP sensors in the software in order for the car to run). The only thing you'll need to change in the software is your fuel injector info (size/flow and dead times). If you're using ID injectors that info is on their website for the specific injector you are using. Other injectors may come with a printout of that data. If you are running overly rich to the point that the car struggles to stay on, or too lean (anything above 14 under load) adjust the fuel injector flow rate setting in the software. But I don't suggest going over 5k RPM, over 50% throttle load, or anywhere near positive boost pressure while on the base map. Its meant to get you from your garage to the dyno while driving like a grandma.

Quick Reply: Any Haltech Platinum Pro users?