S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Any Haltech Platinum Pro users?

Old 05-29-2014, 06:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where can I purchase this connector? I bought the haltech used and it did not come with this connector.
Old 05-29-2014, 06:46 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Robertttstyle
Where can I purchase this connector? I bought the haltech used and it did not come with this connector.
I don't know about buying the plug and pins separately... I would call Haltech and ask them directly. Send them that picture and let them know the model number for the S2000 Platinum Pro ECU.

In the instructions manual they do say, "The Rear Auxiliary harness is available as an optional extra. ( HT040003 )" I'm assuming that since they call this a "harness" that it would be complete with pigtail wires already pinned into the connector. So if you don't want to mess with crimping the wire terminals onto wires yourself and you're OK with soldering wires together instead, then you could buy that part number. I'm sure its more expensive than trying to buy just the connector and wire terminal pins though.

Edit - Yeah doing a google search for that part number brings up this image, which clearly shows that it is a full harness with wires and all. Its a bit much since you really only need three wires to get the wideband signal into that connector (+5v, ground, and the wideband signal wire). You'd be better off calling Haltech to see if they can sell you just that connector and a few wire terminal pins. That harness is like $100+.

Old 05-29-2014, 10:32 AM

Received 423 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by Robertttstyle
also, has anyone used the autotune feature to tune the force inducted s2000 just to be driven around town? I plan on giving it 100-200 miles until a real dyno tune so I can prove out any problems in the install I'm doing, for example, leaking cooler pump, fuel injector leaks, and anything else.
If you want to drive the Vortech around town for 100-200 miles to check for issues I would drive it as a stock Vortech setup. Install the Haltech right before driving to the tuner and take the SC belt off.

Why risk a couple grand in damage with an improper tune?

If you don't want to buy the whole harness, check with Haltech or start doing searches on Molex connectors and pins. I don't have mine with me now but lets say it has 14 pins, then you can search for 14 pin Molex connector and probably find the same size/shape and then check get the pins and crimp them onto some decent hookup wire.

I was having a pretty crappy time with finding a replacement molex connector for one of my PLX guages, but doing a couple internet searches showed that same connector on the PLX was pretty standard on PC motherboard power cables. Got myself exactly what I needed by pulling a cable out of a broken PC at work headed for recycling.
Old 05-29-2014, 06:18 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Most of the connections on the aux harness will only use one wire from your sensors and ground out/power on from another source. Those requiring a switched ground can use the switched ground outputs on the harness. Its very easy to work with.

My wideband uses one single wire into that harness which I believe is AV1 or AV2.
Old 05-31-2014, 01:40 PM

SO I have another question if someone is still around with Haltech experience. I need to scale the injectors.

I have Deatschwerks 550cc injectors. I can not find the info on the as far as flow rate for given pressure.

What do I need to do to scale the basemap for the non stock injectors. I think lag time is .5 miliseconds, they are 550 injectors, if I put those two parameters in am I missing something else I need to do? Do I need to do something with a fuel scaling factor or anything. This needs to limp to the tuner which is about 20 minutes on the freeway, then he can get the rest right.

And I am running a Walbro 255 pump but did nothing to stock fuel pressure regulator so I don't think that requires any adjustment but I am not sure.

But I can not for the life of me see how to change the injector size (flow rate). I can bring up a bunch of pages that do not have any inputs to change and the youtube videos and included "help" manual have no information. I signed up for the Haltech forum but need to wait for activation. All the stuff I find online says "change the flow rate." How? I can find that the stock map has a flow rate of 380, how do I change that value to 550? If I pull up the flow rate table, both axis are not enabled and have no values in them.

It has a plug and play basemap for S2000, but the main setup screen tuned in VE mode has no input for flow rate/size. Will this mode automatically try to hit target AFR without injector scaling?

thanks for any help.
Old 05-31-2014, 06:08 PM

Do you have a "Fuel" page tab at the top? You should be able to select the "Fuel" page tab, then in the navigator on the left choose "Inj Fuel Rate" under "Fuel". You should see a section where you can change the fuel rate number. Here's a screenshot of mine.

If the "Fuel" page tab isn't at the top and you only see a "Blank" page tab, then do this:

View > Load Page
Browse to C:\Users\USER NAME\Documents\Haltech\Page Layouts\Layout Collection
Choose file "Fuel.page" and click Open
That should load the "Fuel" page tab as an option
Old 05-31-2014, 06:18 PM

I can get that page to come up, but the cell you have highlighted won't let me type over the stock injector size like it is locked or something. I can't click on it and get a cursor, I can't retype, backspace or anything. Do I need to right click and select something or do something in a drop down?

I have it shut down and maybe it was a glitch and rebooting will help. It has driven me nuts for about three hours.
Old 05-31-2014, 06:26 PM

You should just be able to click on the cell to make it blue, then just start typing and a new pop-up window comes up that allows you to change the cell value.

Old 05-31-2014, 06:38 PM

Rebooted and now it will take typed inputs. Thanks Coolguy. Even though I think the reboot helped, it probably would have taken me an hour to get back to trying that cell.

Just need to change the deadtimes, save the file and try to fire it up tomorrow. Wife is asleep and if it does not go well I will be swearing loudly right underneath our bedroom.
Old 05-31-2014, 06:48 PM

You still have the OEM MAP sensor on the car, right?

If its running too rich or too lean, adjust the fuel flow rate in 20 cc/min increments to see how it affects the mix. Keep it on the rich side for now just to get you to the tuners.

Quick Reply: Any Haltech Platinum Pro users?