S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

AP1 Comptech SC on 04 AP2

Old 06-13-2011, 05:53 PM
EOE

Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

Okay I feel better. Thanks so much for all the info. I think this will help a lot of folks going forward with used SC kits.
I also would like tO say the following.... STOP being cheap and buy a new kit. Lol

Seriously, I am missing all the hardware for SC and Aftercooler. Any suggestions at this point? f@#k My Life.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EOE
..........I am missing all the hardware for SC and Aftercooler. Any suggestions at this point? f@#k My Life.
1. Look on-line at CT-Engineering.com and get the complete parts list of what it takes to make a "complete" install....& complete parts.

Here is the link...just click on the "Install Tech" tab at the top of the page. CT-Engineering Home Page

2. Once you get the lists and go ever what you don't have / need...give them a call. Typically they are very willing to sell you the parts that you will need at a pretty reasonable price to make the kit whole.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:07 AM
EOE

WOW I am scared to call CT-Engineering... I attached the list take a look at it guys. haha
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Comptech Kit Missing Parts.doc (40.0 KB, 142 views)
Old 06-14-2011, 06:48 AM

Yeah I had the same experience with CT Engineering. However I only needed about 5-6 misc parts. They were helpful and shipped fast. The only issue I had was getting someone on the phone. Rather than leave a message just call back later...

As far as the ESM, I didn't use it. Scott or Giles was able to handle the job of the ESM using the emanage ultimate. If they're doing your install they might be able to do the same. If you're going to someone more local, see what they say if you're going to use emanage and if they're familiar with how to do it and save a few bucks.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EOE
.... STOP being cheap and buy a new kit. Lol

Seriously, I am missing all the hardware for SC and Aftercooler. Any suggestions at this point? f@#k My Life.
Depends...on how much you paid for the kit.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:18 PM

So are the items crossed out with the strike font....stuff that is missing or stuff that you have and don't need to buy?

Next, if the S/C kit came off of the sellers car where did all of the missing pieces go?

Typically there are a few odds & ends that are over looked....by most sellers of used kits, have you thought about giving the seller a call?
Old 06-15-2011, 05:03 AM
EOE

I spoke with him. He said that this is how he got this kit. He was easy to deal with and still very responsive so I am going back and forth with him. He said he bought it this way and never installed it. I CAN SEE WHY... I found a thread of his from 2009 just now by searching "Comptech Hardware Kit." Looks like he had a similar thread as me and was looking for all these parts. ANYWAYS, at this point there is nothing I can do but piece it together myself.

Crossed Out items = I have them
Regular Font = Items that I don't know what they are or they are missing.

To make this easier for others I made a picture of my kit *See Below*. Looks like I am missing a Fuel Block Off Plate with Banjo Fitting in addition to bolts, zip ties, fittings, mounting brackets.
http://www.hondatuni...l#ixzz1PHPLslCC

This is my KIT btw, to make it easier for you guys.

FULL SIZE: http://img834.images...99/photonyg.jpg

Does this look "Complete" to you?

So far I got the following that I will ask CT-Engineering for...

1) Fuel Block Off Plate & Bonjo bolt & fitting to replace the stock FPR
2) NOVI 1000 mounting bracket bolts with new washers that have rubber inserts in them, these look BEAT.
3) New return line for the blower, this one is FUBAR, you can see that in the picture.
4) Pick up at local store 6ft 5/32 hose, wiring/crimp connectors/terminal adapters for the fuel pump, and teflon/PTFE tape.
5) Installation mentioned some belt tensioner? Is that something that came with the kit, will i need that too?
Old 06-15-2011, 08:16 AM

If comptechs fuel fitting is too expensive, couldn't you use something like this?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fuel-...item3a531cf5bf

Also, any idea on how you tune with the regulator? I know there is an adjustment screw, but how do you know whats going on? Is a wide band necessary.

Good stuff here! Keep us updated with costs and updates please.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:06 AM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

I see some mounting bolts, it’s hard to tell if you have all of them. But it rather looks like you do. Looks like you have all the mounting plates and brackets to mount the set up also.

As mentioned you need the banjo bolt which goes with the part that replaces the factory fpr (which mounts to your fuel rail) and the hose with fittings on each end which threads on to the CT-FPR from there.

I see a filter box but no filter, unless it’s in the filter box? I have a CT filter if you need one FYI

From the picture it looks like the tensioner pulley is there attached to the blower plate which is right.

You have the tapped crank and pulley which is good.

Make sure that fuel pump is a higher flow then OEM.Or you will run lean and be pulling it out again.

I see an aftermarket BOV, which means the Recirc valve on that elbow pipe wont be used and should be capped off/plugged which it very well may be already.

I might have overlooked something else possibly, but from what I’m seeing it looks like your 95% there.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:12 AM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Originally Posted by james0933
If comptechs fuel fitting is too expensive, couldn't you use something like this?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fuel-...item3a531cf5bf

Also, any idea on how you tune with the regulator? I know there is an adjustment screw, but how do you know whats going on? Is a wide band necessary.

Good stuff here! Keep us updated with costs and updates please.
No I would not use that. It has 4 bolts and the one needed that comes with the kit replaces the OEM 3 bolt. Not worth the hassle of trying to save a few bucks.

I would strongly recommend getting set up with a wideband. AEM makes a great kit for under $300. I would also get a boost gauge. This will help trouble shoot belt slip. Getting one with a boost recall button feature is a really nice option. I use my regularly to make sure things are golden. I found this gauge on ebay for $40, made by Mookey.

Quick Reply: AP1 Comptech SC on 04 AP2