S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

For for banjo bolt needed to install fuel pressure gauge

Old 08-29-2013, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For for banjo bolt needed to install fuel pressure gauge

I recently installed a stage 1 sos kit on my friends ap1

The kit was purchased used (pretty much new though) but the regulator was said to be adjusted before driving the car anymore I would like to tune the fuel pressure to the correct specs and make sure everything is in spec.

I see the write up for the B&M kit but I hear issues of the gauges going out and people getting liquid filled gauges to replace them.

I have a new tovic liquid filled gauge that has a 1/8 fitting on the back. Does anyone know of the correct size banjo bolt I would need to place the gauge on top of the feed line bolted to the rail?

I would rather not purchase the kit just for the fitting and was wondering if this was something that could be purchased locally or quickly any chang fastenal, ace, local speed shop would have one?

I have also read of others tapping their fuel rails to place the gauge. Would this be a better option? It seems more difficult but I could have it professionally tapped and then just reinstall the rail. I would just be worried of leaks etc after tapping
Old 08-29-2013, 02:15 PM

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00063...AC_SX110_SY165

Hoping this is what I need I ordered it for next day looks to be what I need.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:19 PM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

That 1/8 on the back of the gauge is probably pipe thread. Most of us have just mounted it to the rail by drilling and tapping.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:27 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you have a 2000-05 S2000, or 06-09 with conversion, you can drill and tap the fuel rail. It is best to mount the sensor off the engine on the chassis if possible (you'd connect the fitting on the rail and the sensor with a hose assembly). Otherwise, you could also add a fitting between the FPR used in our stage 1 kit that has a 1/8 NPT port.
Old 08-30-2013, 05:00 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sideways
That 1/8 on the back of the gauge is probably pipe thread. Most of us have just mounted it to the rail by drilling and tapping.

Simple job. Most common spot is in the front portion of the fuel rail. Used to be a thread on it somewhere. I think the guy used a Marshall gauge.
Old 08-30-2013, 05:40 AM
Community Organizer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I actually use an old oil pressure gauge with the pipe thread fitting and I have a banjo bolt that I temporarily install to set pressure I don't recommend fuel pressure gauges unless you have a pressure baffle and a remote gauge ive seen cars burn down from a mechanical gauge no good . I can post a pic if you want it also works on my areomotive fpr
Old 08-30-2013, 06:50 AM

Thanks guys for all of the replies.

So I mainly just want to mount this gauge to dial in fuel pressure at idle. After looking into it more I should have got a sensor though so I could run the gauge in the cabin for temporary use to check fuel pressure at full boost.

I don't plan on leaving the gauge and after doing more research etc it seems like an EMS would be his best option in the end.

The bolt I pictured will work temporarily to check the fuel pressure correct?. I plan on replacing the bolt with the provided bolt after. I feel this would be safer/easier than tapping and then plugging my fuel rail.

I really appreciate all of the replies guys
Old 08-30-2013, 10:08 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I did it that way. been on the car for over 6 months no issues. When i go back to the stock FPR ems ill just take it off. In my opinion its faster and non invasive. You can always go back to stock. Btw you can also run a sensor off that banjo bolt.

http://autometer.com/cat_accessoriesdetail.aspx?vid=40

You can order through there or anyplace that carries autometer products. You can also call b&m and they can ship it for under $5 They sell it as part of their gauge kit for honda.

Also pick up 2 copper or aluminum crush washers. I found the crush washers at advance.

good luck
Old 08-30-2013, 02:09 PM

ok guys so I got the gauge mounted and its reading 40psi. I mounted it using the banjo bolt attachment for temporary use.

My question is before I start adjusting the regulator. In the sos instructions it states fuel pressue should be at 50 psi for an ap1.

It states that the fuel pressue is measured at the hose of the regulator though.

I'm assuming my readings and these readings would be the same but before I adjust anything I would like to know if my 40psi reading off of the rail should be adjusted to 50psi as stated in the guide.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:09 PM

ok guys so I got the gauge mounted and its reading 40psi. I mounted it using the banjo bolt attachment for temporary use.

My question is before I start adjusting the regulator. In the sos instructions it states fuel pressue should be at 50 psi for an ap1.

It states that the fuel pressue is measured at the hose of the regulator though.

I'm assuming my readings and these readings would be the same but before I adjust anything I would like to know if my 40psi reading off of the rail should be adjusted to 50psi as stated in the guide.

Quick Reply: For for banjo bolt needed to install fuel pressure gauge