S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Boost shows more than real number

Old 08-17-2005, 01:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Boost shows more than real number

I got a defi D-gauge boost gauge.

It is a mechanical controler. THe AEM tells me 7.5 psi and the boost gauge shows 10 psi. The wastegate is setted to 7.5 psi too.

anyone can tell me why is this.

Juan
Old 08-17-2005, 05:54 AM

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by S2000_Europe,Aug 17 2005, 05:51 AM
I got a defi D-gauge boost gauge.

It is a mechanical controler. THe AEM tells me 7.5 psi and the boost gauge shows 10 psi. The wastegate is setted to 7.5 psi too.

anyone can tell me why is this.

Juan
That's the exact same boost gauge I have Juan and I believe they are very accurate. My wastegate spring is about 7 psi and my gauge shows about 6.5 to 7.

Not sure why this is occuring with yours. But hopefully someone can answer it.
Old 08-17-2005, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by Spoolin,Aug 17 2005, 02:54 PM
That's the exact same boost gauge I have Juan and I believe they are very accurate. My wastegate spring is about 7 psi and my gauge shows about 6.5 to 7.

Not sure why this is occuring with yours. But hopefully someone can answer it.
it is funny same turbo kit, same gauge

Do mind show me a pic of where are you connecting the hose that goes to the gauge? just ot chaeck that mine is corect

Thanks
Old 08-17-2005, 07:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Juan, you went UR turbo? Good for you!
Old 08-17-2005, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by S2000_Europe,Aug 17 2005, 09:59 AM
it is funny same turbo kit, same gauge

Do mind show me a pic of where are you connecting the hose that goes to the gauge? just ot chaeck that mine is corect

Thanks
I don't have a picture of where my connection is. But I'll try and get one this weekend.

In the meantime I can try and explain where mine is hooked up. If I remember right, it's T'd into the tube/hose that goes to the fuel pressure regulator. I have both the wastegate and the boost gauge T'd into the same tube/hose on the FPR but they are on their own seperate T. Basically take 2 T fittings and run them in parallel with the FPR tube/hose and hook the wastegate to one and the gauge to the other.

Hopefully I explained this so you can understand the way I did it.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:40 AM

Maybe someone that knows can help on this.

Does it really matter where you hook into the manifold to get your pressure readings? Do they have to be located in the same spot or can you use seperate tubes/hoses off the manifold for each pressure reading?
Old 08-17-2005, 09:06 AM

I like to seperate the bov lines form the wastegate and boost guage line. Since I have the EMS I took out the airpump and use the vacuum line that went to the solenoid for the bov and have the wastegate and boost gauge teed into the fpr line (so the wastegate and the gauge see the same pressure). I just think that having everything on one line tends to change the pessure. I have no evadance to support that theory, but it's just my take on it.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Scorpion,Aug 17 2005, 01:06 PM
I like to seperate the bov lines form the wastegate and boost guage line. Since I have the EMS I took out the airpump and use the vacuum line that went to the solenoid for the bov and have the wastegate and boost gauge teed into the fpr line (so the wastegate and the gauge see the same pressure). I just think that having everything on one line tends to change the pessure. I have no evadance to support that theory, but it's just my take on it.
Same here. my BOV is on a seperate source also. I just kept the gauge and wastegate together to see the same reading off the same line.

Thanks for the help Scorpion.

Juan, if yours isn't this way, try this and see if it fixes the problem.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:44 AM

I will

Veil at the end I have been seduced by the darkside
Old 08-17-2005, 04:06 PM

I always like to have the boost-only source to the wastegate straight from the compressor, or the intercooler pipe before the intercooler, so that by the time that the wastegate reacts, some of the surging has settled down by time the charge hits the throttle.

Sounds like you've got a faulty gauge. Those gauges are simply spring loaded and the spring is displaced linearly to show boost. It could just be a bad spring in there and a manufacturing defect. I've seen bad springs not perform, just exchange it.

Quick Reply: Boost shows more than real number