S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Boosting on stock 360cc injectors

Old 12-21-2016, 10:30 PM

Received 187 Likes on 161 Posts

I just confirmed the smell of fuel on the dipstick is exactly the same on my 4AFE Corolla as my boosted S2K. And the Corolla is stock save for CAI and exhaust system. Friends with S2K'S also confirmed. One is stock NA and smells fuel, the other is boosted like me and smells fuel as well. Different tuning, same result. Nothing to worry about then
I've disconnected the charge cooler and 5th injector so she's running stock NA and running strong! I'm not driving her much which is hard lol. Arranging to get my new belt on the blower asap.
Old 12-21-2016, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by MorngWoodStewie
If you have the rrfpr and u dont wanna swap back on stock fpr which I imagine is pretty easy ain't it? At least bring the pressure down, your stft an ltft should be able to help out and keep ya safe. Not sure what regulates the fifth injector but if it's not the ecu and in NA it's deftly not needed. I guess if it was boost activated then it could stay. ... Eh No real experience with this setup, but for NA it's not needed.

Good luck, don't rush it. Perfection takes time.
look for progression then perfection.
not sure if my fpr is adjustable. Still asking around. Piggyback ECU is what I have running boost and 5th injector unless the black box is running the 5th which injects fuel regardless of boost rather, throttle amount according to my test couple days ago.

sorry what is stft and ltft?

thanks man. Yeah perfection takes time to achieve and that's my aim

want a Haltech stand alone
Old 12-29-2016, 11:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

UPDATE*

I got my car back and these are the results.
315whp + 197wtrq @8psi
Stock injectors were not an issue. Car feels great, especially in the mid range.
Hope this info helps some owners in the community.
Old 12-30-2016, 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by Spaceman2345
UPDATE*

I got my car back and these are the results.
315whp + 197wtrq @8psi
Stock injectors were not an issue. Car feels great, especially in the mid range.
Hope this info helps some owners in the community.
congrats. What SC are u running? Do u have stand alone management or a piggyback unit? What's your AFR readings?
Old 12-30-2016, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by RolanTHUNDER
congrats. What SC are u running? Do u have stand alone management or a piggyback unit? What's your AFR readings?
I'm running the CT-E SC with the Novi 1220 and using the ACM piggyback from CT-E. The AFR readings look pretty good, check out the pic below.
Attached Thumbnails Boosting on stock 360cc injectors-img_1274.jpg  

Last edited by Spaceman2345; 12-30-2016 at 10:13 AM.
Old 12-31-2016, 03:10 AM

I'm running the CT-E SC with the Novi 1220 and using the ACM piggyback from CT-E. The AFR readings look pretty good, check out the pic below.
Nice! Thanks for the pic. So under full throttle your AFR never goes below 11.0 so it's safe right? Have you had a whiff of your dipstick when the car was parked off for a night then after a drive? Any gasoline smell with the oil?
Old 12-31-2016, 05:19 PM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Looks great 315whp at 8psi is right on target for what you should make with this kit at this boost, and you have a real safe afr also with stock injectors, so you really couldn't hope for better results with a simple pnp supercharger system. Just dont get the itch to push it harder, your injectors are maxed out and beyond your current psi you need to be able to retard timing or the motor will detonate, and you dont have the ability to do that with this kit, so just enjoy it as it is or move into a full engine management to take it to the next step.
Old 01-01-2017, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
Looks great 315whp at 8psi is right on target for what you should make with this kit at this boost, and you have a real safe afr also with stock injectors, so you really couldn't hope for better results with a simple pnp supercharger system. Just dont get the itch to push it harder, your injectors are maxed out and beyond your current psi you need to be able to retard timing or the motor will detonate, and you dont have the ability to do that with this kit, so just enjoy it as it is or move into a full engine management to take it to the next step.
On the Vortech kit I have which we spoke about, by using the 5th will the stock injectors be safe for beyond 315whp? 8psi boost.
As for engine management, is the Haltech pnp for S2K capable, easy to tune, reliable and will yield superior figures over piggyback?
Old 01-04-2017, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by RolanTHUNDER
Nice! Thanks for the pic. So under full throttle your AFR never goes below 11.0 so it's safe right? Have you had a whiff of your dipstick when the car was parked off for a night then after a drive? Any gasoline smell with the oil?
Yeah, under full throttle AFR is above 11. I checked the dipstick the day after and it smelt just like my wives Honda CRV dipstick. I feel safe for now.
Old 01-04-2017, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
Thanks for your support. I am 100% satisfied with this setup. I feel safe. I do not plan to upgrade anything else on the F20, i am done with engine mods
Maybe in a few years the next project will be the body of the car, god willing.

Quick Reply: Boosting on stock 360cc injectors