S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

buying 02 s2k, then buying comptech SC

Old 05-11-2005, 06:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah we got a dealer in tampa/orlando that will warrante.. but i dont care ifi buy a 2k2 itl already be outa warantee
and as for prices....i own a shop so im a pay cost..

anywho thanx for the welcome man..

i dont got accts w/ j's /toda

so i was thinkin.. comptech header?? idk of any others

and i REALLY like the neuspeed/hi power hks exhaust

DEFFFF buying 2002 tho cause glas back window and no tan interior on white. haha..
Old 05-11-2005, 06:21 PM

also why do i need vafc?

i heard u dont use that if ur F/I

and comptech includes ecu upgrade right?

im confused
Old 05-11-2005, 10:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock,May 11 2005, 06:21 PM
also why do i need vafc?

i heard u dont use that if ur F/I

and comptech includes ecu upgrade right?

im confused
Comptech's way of upgrading the ecu is by using a E.S.M. (Electronic Signal Modifier). As far as adding the V-AFC, it makes it possible to do some minor tuning and to lower v-tec engagement. IMO the best way to tune is by using a AEM EMS stand alone. However it is kind of costly and some people will tell you that it is not worth your money if you don't plan on upping the boost (9psi+) and fine tuning which requires larger injectors.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:10 AM

yeah, i dont wanna buy aem ems because.. i really dont wanna run 9lbs boost.. because i want the engine to remain reliable.. since i will be selling it in 3 years.. plus i dont want to mess w/ injectors and etc.

but will comptechs ecu upgrade suffice and do a good job.. and then ill ALSO have apexi vafc.?

:::this is all i need for 5.5lbs ??::::
comptech sc w/ ac
apexi vafc
reinforced diff
act clutch
header/exhaust

:::and then w/ 9lbs id need???:::
comptech SC w/ AC
apexi vafc
reinforces diff
act clutch
header/exhaust
upgraded injectors
aem ems w/ uego

i mean.. i was thinking about it.. and in order to add a shitload more HP all id need is a used aem ems (ive seen 850-1k)(injectors)and 9lb pulley..

idk i think 285rwhp @5.5lbs is enuff for me... 9lbs is what ... like (350rwhp)

im just trying to cover all my bases and understand whats needed now.. i think i would prolly stick at 5.5lbs because like i said b4.. i dont wanna hurt my engine

riley
Old 05-12-2005, 08:48 AM
Banned

I would opt to keep the S200 stock and upgrade to twin turbo on your SL600 broham.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:55 AM

sl600 already comes TT.

493bhp/590lb.ft
5.5L 36 valve V12

anywho only mods on the benz will be RENNtech ECU upgrade which is like 5000$ and adds 250bhp and around 200lb/ft tq

which is MORE than enuff for me..

i basically am upgrading to a faster car (s2000) to learn how to driver properly and understand RWD handing... so once i get SL600 it will be more fun and ill be less afraid to let it all out.

riley
Old 05-12-2005, 12:44 PM

[QUOTE=rijowysock,May 12 2005, 07:10 AM] yeah, i dont wanna buy aem ems because.. i really dont wanna run 9lbs boost.. because i want the engine to remain reliable.. since i will be selling it in 3 years.. plus i dont want to mess w/ injectors and etc.

but will comptechs ecu upgrade suffice and do a good job.. and then ill ALSO have apexi vafc.?

:::this is all i need for 5.5lbs ??::::
comptech sc w/ ac
apexi vafc
reinforced diff
act clutch
header/exhaust

:::and then w/ 9lbs id need???:::
comptech SC w/ AC
apexi vafc
reinforces diff
act clutch
header/exhaust
upgraded injectors
aem ems w/ uego

i mean.. i was thinking about it.. and in order to add a shitload more HP all id need is a used aem ems (ive seen 850-1k)(injectors)and 9lb pulley..

idk i think 285rwhp @5.5lbs
Old 05-12-2005, 12:52 PM

thanx man,. youve been there for me the whole time.. appreciate it.

shit.. if thats the situation... and i find a cheap aem ems i might as well go 9lbs.. i wont be launching the car EVER.. i drive spirited not.. like a racecar driver.

thanx again

i was just looking to upgrade diff cause while im at at for 500 might as well. and i still might i just dont think ima shell out 1k for LSD. im really considering 9lbs now because like u said if i dont get on it all the time then its not harming anything. plus 9lbs is only (aem ems+injectors) more than 5.5lbs

riley
Old 05-12-2005, 01:14 PM

Would not hurt to start with 5.5lbs and work your way to 9lbs. Many members have been running 7 and 8psi with stock injectors and ecu without a problem. If I were you, I might start with the CT SC w/AC, ACT clutch, CT flywheel, 7 or 8psi and V-AFC with some tuning. It would save you from buying injectors and AEM EMS and see how you like it. Also, my advice is coming from mostly research and some experience since I was in your shoes a few month ago. But I have been upgrading car for years (MX6, to RX7, to NSX, and now S2000).
Old 05-12-2005, 01:36 PM

tru thanx man, i was just thinking go for all the gusto $ isnt really a big factor for me.. im driving 11 hours to get work done tho by a close friend so i wanted to just get it all done with one try.

riley

Quick Reply: buying 02 s2k, then buying comptech SC