S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Carbon fiber air ducts

Old 05-04-2005, 07:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Carbon fiber air ducts

I just bought carbon fiber side air vents. I am planning on custom directing air flow to my CT SC air box and one to engine bay. I should receive them in a few days. I was wondering if this has been done and if anyone has any suggestions. I will post pics when I receive them.
Thanks
Old 05-04-2005, 07:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where do the side vents go on the car? Ive never seen them before.

Also, have you ever been dynoed? Im thinking about the 9 psi pulley.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:20 PM

By any chance, are these the Jet's Racing Systems air ducts?

Here's a crappy picture:

Either way, could you tell me where you purchased your vents? I was looking for something like this for a while now, and can't seem to find anything suitable.

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-05-2005, 06:13 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

It's your "nickel" (and your car) but that Comptech filter gets filthy enough where is it. If you direct ground level air directly to it, the filter will get clogged and wet even faster. Not sure what you are trying to achieve, but that filter gets plenty of fresh, cool air as it is.
As for directing more air into the engine bay, most car designs (especially race type cars) try to remove air from the engine bay to reduce the underhood air pressure. You're going to increase the underhood pressure.
Old 05-05-2005, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by 73Zero,May 4 2005, 09:20 PM
By any chance, are these the Jet's Racing Systems air ducts?

Here's a crappy picture:

Either way, could you tell me where you purchased your vents? I was looking for something like this for a while now, and can't seem to find anything suitable.

Thanks in advance!
I bought them from bulletproof automotive. I don't think they list them on there web site but if you send them a email, he will give you info on them.

Xviper: Very valid points. I did this similar mod on my FD3S leading to my M2 air box and K&N filter, and it seemed to allow for colder air to the intake and the K&N filter was not getting much dirtier. But I would clean it out every 1,000 miles or so anyways. However, my RX7 was turbo'd and needed the colder air. Do you think that my S being supercharged, that it does not need the colder air being directed to it?

Revhi: I will have dyno results very soon. I'll let you know.

Thanks
Old 05-06-2005, 04:25 PM

Got the vents in the mail today. I will post pics tonight.
Old 05-06-2005, 04:53 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by nsxinsac,May 5 2005, 01:50 PM
Xviper: Very valid points. I did this similar mod on my FD3S leading to my M2 air box and K&N filter, and it seemed to allow for colder air to the intake and the K&N filter was not getting much dirtier. But I would clean it out every 1,000 miles or so anyways. However, my RX7 was turbo'd and needed the colder air. Do you think that my S being supercharged, that it does not need the colder air being directed to it?
Usually, re-usable air filters get cleaned every year or about 10K miles, so if you do it every 1000 miles you won't see the crud that can build up.

Although any intake can use the coolest air possible, I think that the intercooler of the known superchargers we use on this car work so darn good that giving it air that is maybe 10 degrees cooler won't be felt nor would it show up significantly on a dyno. I'd love to see this proved wrong, though.
Old 05-07-2005, 01:00 AM

Pics of the carbon fiber air vent for oem bumper.

Pics
Old 05-07-2005, 11:21 AM

kinda warped... should be fun to install... I can see this working without an aftercooler, but won't the aircharge just take on the temp of the fluid in the aftercooler anyways? a 1-2 degree drop won't be noticable... regarding the engine bay feed, unless you have a vented hood, I don't think it would do much of anything other than let whatever the hose is right next to cool down ... what kind of hose are you planning on using? If it's not heat resistant, there is no point. It will be effected by the ambient temps anyway...
Old 05-07-2005, 01:39 PM

So, do you think I might be better off running them to my brakes?

Quick Reply: Carbon fiber air ducts