S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Chance S2K's "S2KI Rejects" Turbo Build

Old 10-23-2014, 04:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by uLmighty
Good luck bro! That mani made close to 500whp with a 35r replica turbo lol
I really like it, I'm sure it'll perform great!

Vibrant 3"x6" flex section, DEI headerwrap for the manifold + downpipe, reflective heat tape, new NGK Iridium BKR8EIX spark plugs, and a PTP T3 Turbo blanket.

And the FID 1000cc injectors! They look pretty good, I'm interested to see how they end up working since they cost more than $100 less than ID injectors ($360 shipped from FID, $480 from ID). Here's the flowchart they sent with it, seems promising.

Old 10-25-2014, 05:15 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Only thing I'd be worried about is making that power on pump gas with that turbo. E85 or race gas Fo sho. Good luck with build. I had fun building mine and agree clutch install reassembly goes crazy fast compared to removal which felt like forever.
Old 10-25-2014, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by camuman
Only thing I'd be worried about is making that power on pump gas with that turbo. E85 or race gas Fo sho. Good luck with build. I had fun building mine and agree clutch install reassembly goes crazy fast compared to removal which felt like forever.
Thanks man, and yeah I think fuel is going to be my first limiting factor with the tune. The turbo should max out around 550WHP, but the fuel is definitely going to bottleneck me before that.

The closest E85 station is about a 30 min+ drive one way for me, so it's not really an option. If anything, I may install a meth injection kit at some point in the future and see where that gets me

Honestly I highly doubt I'll want more power for quite a long time after this. I mostly just want to emphasize spool and response as much as possible (even though I have a JB turbo).

Got the new 245/45/16 RE-11's installed, balanced, and aligned today. The car already feels much, much more planted and the alignment definitely helped the handling .

I want the boost and I want it noooowwwwww lol!
Old 10-25-2014, 11:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe that is my old turbo. Someone needs to put it to good use finally !
Old 10-25-2014, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by d-bo
I believe that is my old turbo. Someone needs to put it to good use finally !
I'll be sure to give it some action

I am going to need to ship it out to Waco however to have the shaft re-balanced; The compressor turbine is making really light contact with the housing and I'd rather just play it safe and have everything looked over rather than sending small shards of metal through my intake.
Old 11-08-2014, 01:22 PM

11/08/14 Update:

Got the fuel pump installed and all the remaining install pieces for the build in the mail. I'm currently trying to heat-wrap my manifold, but it's a huge PITA with how tight this ram horn was designed. I've also sent my turbo off to Majestic Turbo in Waco to have it rebuilt before installing it (actually need to call them on Monday; I sent them the turbo on Tuesday and still haven't heard back from them). Nothing too eventful is going on yet, but sometime in the next couple weeks I'm planning on hitting the build hard and knocking out several things over the course of my Thanksgiving break.

The only things I'm really apprehensive about installing is the catch can, since I'm really hoping I won't have to relocate the fuse box... Besides that I'll just have to wait and see what snags I run into.

Here's a few pics from the fuel pump install. I upgraded to a Full Blown 290LPH pump, which I actually haven't seen anyone else on these forums use before! They're priced about the same as the Walbro 255's and have the same dimensions, so I'm surprised I don't see more people running them.

One of the benefits of being 5'6 when working on a roadster :

Chance S2K's "S2KI Rejects" Turbo Build-gbbcxdn.jpg

Chance S2K's "S2KI Rejects" Turbo Build-vdgcyjg.jpg

Old 11-08-2014, 01:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You are inside the trunk. Damn. Nope my fat ass had to contort in positions that hurt for days.
Old 11-11-2014, 12:53 PM

Chance, this will finish off your build. Custom air intake with super high flow filter. This added 50.2 whp on my car!!

On sale today for only $299.99 shipped!
Don't pass this deal up!
Attached Thumbnails Chance S2K's "S2KI Rejects" Turbo Build-forumrunner_20141111_164720.png   Chance S2K's "S2KI Rejects" Turbo Build-forumrunner_20141111_164816.png  
Old 11-11-2014, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by lude92_si
Chance, this will finish off your build. Custom air intake with super high flow filter. This added 50.2 whp on my car!!

On sale today for only $299.99 shipped!
Don't pass this deal up!
The .2 makes all the difference! Now I can pull on Vettes

Thanks man
Old 11-12-2014, 06:12 PM

Received 104 Likes on 76 Posts

Great build! You motivated me to finish my build faster. Lol. Im in the same boat with a budget build. How do you like the clutch? Ill be installing mine this is winter but won't really drive the car till it warms up again.

Quick Reply: Chance S2K's "S2KI Rejects" Turbo Build