S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

clutch recomendations?

Old 10-21-2008, 11:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by p-hizzle,Oct 21 2008, 10:59 AM
I've got a CC stage 4 sprung, 6 puck on mine. The new clutch has about 400-500 miles and there is a lot of chatter in first gear and engages hard. I also have FI with about 350hp. The shop that installed it tells me the chatter will go away after 1500 miles after the fact. I don't see this happening. It is very smooth in higher gears and high rev. Also feels very solid.

I also have the 11.5 light flywheel. I get a buzzing noise when decelerating and a excessive vibration during heavy acceleration that I did notice before. I've been using the car for daily driving, but may drive the Infiniti sedan more often since it is not as friendly to drive with the new clutch.

I'll give an update after the 1500 mark and taking it back to the shop to make sure all the bolts are tightened. My original choice was the kevlar stage 2, but they shop convinced me the stage 4 was just as smooth - I should have went with my original decision at this point.
Yeah doesn't sound daily driving friendly to me.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:34 AM

I've got a CC stage 4 sprung, 6 puck on mine. The new clutch has about 400-500 miles and there is a lot of chatter in first gear and engages hard. I also have FI with about 350hp. The shop that installed it tells me the chatter will go away after 1500 miles after the fact. I don't see this happening. It is very smooth in higher gears and high rev. Also feels very solid.

I also have the 11.5 light flywheel. I get a buzzing noise when decelerating and a excessive vibration during heavy acceleration that I did notice before. I've been using the car for daily driving, but may drive the Infiniti sedan more often since it is not as friendly to drive with the new clutch.

I'll give an update after the 1500 mark and taking it back to the shop to make sure all the bolts are tightened. My original choice was the kevlar stage 2, but they shop convinced me the stage 4 was just as smooth - I should have went with my original decision at this point.
well if it makes you feel better. I had a puck ACT cluthc on my turbo mr2 before.

Chatterred like hell. But after a month or so it went away
Old 10-21-2008, 02:06 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

crank walk i read was only a issue with the ACT Extreme Pressure plate.

i am personally running the ACT Heavy duty PP with a 6 puck and clutch masters 8lb flywheel.

i had a stage 4 Clutch master setup previously 6 puck as well and man that thing was kinda a bitch to drive heavy pedal and if your on a hill and trying to reverse Good luck lmao.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by p-hizzle,Oct 21 2008, 01:59 PM

Are you referring to the engagement chatter in 1st gear? I found the right way to work this clutch (exact same as yours, even the 350whp ): just let the pedal out fairly quickly then adding throttle (or very, very little before). It should engage super smooth, but firm, with no chatter whatsoever.

Even my 50-year-old dad had no problem with this setup, smooth shifting and no stalls from the first time he drove it.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:42 PM

i swear mine chattered so bad at first, now i absolutly love the clutch, keep driving it and the chatter will go away
Old 10-22-2008, 10:32 AM

Strangely enough, it is starting to get smoother now that I've gotten past the 500 mile mark. Can't wait to open it up completely after 1k miles. How long did it take for the chatter to go away completely?
Old 10-22-2008, 11:32 AM

about 1000 id say, i swear when i 1st bought the clutch i was starting to regret my decision, now i see i was right all along
Old 10-22-2008, 11:37 AM

so it seems like a competition stage 4 is what i need then.....
Old 10-22-2008, 12:57 PM

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

So the chatter goes away, but does the rattling?

Tim
Old 10-22-2008, 01:34 PM

does anybody have any input on teh ACT HDSS street setup? says it holds 383ft/lbs . That would be more than enough for 450whp wouldn't it??

Quick Reply: clutch recomendations?