S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Comp twin disc

Old 05-08-2012, 07:11 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by neeman77
Ive greased everything under the dash in the pedal assembly to no avail. If you really listen you can almost localize it to the engine bay, so I think the master cylinder should fix it. I already ordered it just waiting for it to arrive to put it in.

Sweet, I'm willing to bet you're right, I don't know about you guys but my pedal is a hell of a lot heavier than stock. I wonder if it got bent ever so slightly and now getting hung up on the way out..

Keep us updated.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any updates neeman? Mine has gotten to the point that the car is not drivable. Here's the weird part. The problem started after the car spend a day parked out in the rain, at first I just figured it was coincidence, but the car just spent another day out in the rain and the problem is terrible now. I am almost wondering if the problem is moisture related. With the car on the lift it sounds like the clutch itself is binding. Maybe the clutch is getting stuck on the splines of the transmission. I may try replacing the master cylinder first, but I may have to just drop the transmission and find out what's going on
Old 05-24-2012, 11:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I changed the master cylinder today, no change at all. It must have to do with lubrication of parts in the bellhousing, be in the hydraulic bearing, pressure plate fins etc.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:23 PM

My buddy let me use his twin disc to get my car going for the weekend, I ended up using his release bearing and his pressure plate. That seemed to fix the problem. I am 99% sure that the pressure plate was the problem. There really isn't much to go wrong with that release bearing. It was not seized up.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:36 PM

Also make sure that the end of the rod from the slave cylinder that sits in the fork is well greased and smooth when it dries out also gives a notchy/sticking feel.
-Chris
Old 05-25-2012, 04:06 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by vduber
Also make sure that the end of the rod from the slave cylinder that sits in the fork is well greased and smooth when it dries out also gives a notchy/sticking feel.
-Chris
He's not using a slave cylinder/fork.
Old 05-25-2012, 04:53 PM

I forgot it was a hydraulic t/o bearing. Also the shaft which the release bearing rides along gets caked up from the clutch disc material make sure it's lubed like previous stated. Sorry about that before
Old 05-25-2012, 06:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know the problem because I've gone through this exact same problem in the past. Honda has a high temp urea grease and if you dont use that or the equivalent on the splines and the shaft that the throwout bearing rides on it will stick. I tried using another hi temp grease before I gave up and dished out $30 for a tiny little thing of honda grease. The shaft that the throwout rides on will wear and stick even worse if you dont use this grease. I'll see if I can dig up a picture of it and where/how it was sticking.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dropped my tranny and it seems like there was brake fluid past the seal where the bearing slides in and out of the race. I cleaned up all the brake fluid, greased the TOB, pressure plate fingers, the inner race for the bearing and it is perfect now. Thought I would just update for anyone else who has this problem.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is there something that makes this more of a problem for the CC twin disc set up?

Sent using free Tapatalk - Android FTW

Quick Reply: Comp twin disc