S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

comptech supercharger

Old 09-13-2012, 10:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default comptech supercharger

I just bought a used comptech supercharger. I have a few questions about it. It came with the stock pulley that comes with it, but the guy sent me a walbro 255 fuel pump, do I need to install it or does it run without that upgrade? Also if I wanted a blow off valve will I be able to get one by running the stock boost? Should I tune the car with the esm that comes with it ?
Old 09-14-2012, 12:08 PM
Community Organizer

Received 552 Likes on 504 Posts

Yes you will need to install that fuel pump. The stock one does not provide the fuel you need with the base kit and the rising rate fuel pressure regulator it comes with. Yes you need to install the esm to fool your map sensor from the positive boost pressure it now sees.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
Yes you will need to install that fuel pump. The stock one does not provide the fuel you need with the base kit and the rising rate fuel pressure regulator it comes with. Yes you need to install the esm to fool your map sensor from the positive boost pressure it now sees.

does the new kit come with the walbro 255? Do i have to set the pressure regulator a certain way ? do i need to tune it or since its the base kit can i just run it like that as comptech mentioned..
Old 09-14-2012, 12:37 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by s2kbtos
Originally Posted by s2000Junky' timestamp='1347653298' post='22012401

does the new kit come with the walbro 255? Do i have to set the pressure regulator a certain way ? do i need to tune it or since its the base kit can i just run it like that as comptech mentioned..
The newer kits from the last 5+ years dont come with a fuel pump anymore, so your going to have to trust the seller that you got the appropriate fuel pump. The red colored fuel pressure regulator is adjustable and will need to be adjusted to your car once the kit is installed. I would strongly advice you invest in a wideband afr gauge to be able to tune accomplish this. Once your afr is set right it is a very reliable set up, but it will fluctuate some from the warmer months to the colder so you will be relying on that afr gauge to make some adjustments at times.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by s2kbtos' timestamp='1347654312' post='22012435
[quote name='s2000Junky' timestamp='1347653298' post='22012401']

The newer kits from the last 5+ years dont come with a fuel pump anymore, so your going to have to trust the seller that you got the appropriate fuel pump. The red colored fuel pressure regulator is adjustable and will need to be adjusted to your car once the kit is installed. I would strongly advice you invest in a wideband afr gauge to be able to tune accomplish this. Once your afr is set right it is a very reliable set up, but it will fluctuate some from the warmer months to the colder so you will be relying on that afr gauge to make some adjustments at times.
[/quote]

with the afr gauge is a certain number i need to hit for it to run correctly, how do i adjust the pressure?

i didn't the red colored fuel pressure regulator, i recieved a black one, is that the older version ?
Old 09-14-2012, 01:29 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

There's a nut at the top of it, and a bolt that you turn with a hex key. Clockwise adds pressure, counter lowers it. The AP2 FPR is different than the AP1, so if you got a used kit for the APx that isn't yours, you need a different FPR.

Pretty much no matter what, your car is going to idle at around a 14.7:1 ratio unless it's first started and the air pump is on (then it'll be a high ratio like >16:1).

When the car is under load and boost, mid-11s are a good place to start. Mid-11s gives a little margin of safety and reliability. Too low (<11) is too much fuel and not good. >12.5 is asking for trouble.

Whether the kits come with it or not, the fuel pump is highly recommended and I would say necessary. Also, you'll want to have your injectors tested (most will poopoo this, but you don't want a lean condition in 1 cylinder).
Old 09-14-2012, 04:34 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by s2kbtos
Originally Posted by s2000Junky' timestamp='1347655025' post='22012470
[quote name='s2kbtos' timestamp='1347654312' post='22012435']

[/quote]

with the afr gauge is a certain number i need to hit for it to run correctly, how do i adjust the pressure?

i didn't the red colored fuel pressure regulator, i recieved a black one, is that the older version ?
[/quote]

No they are all red. So you may not have a complete working kit. I dont know who sold you the kit, but you might want to take a picture of everything you got and post it here so I can help identify for you want state of being its in and if your going to need anything. There is a good chance this kit was run at a higher level to where and aftermarket engine management was used and then put back together and sold as the "base" kit without all the components your going to need for such.
Old 09-14-2012, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by s2kbtos' timestamp='1347656640' post='22012528
[quote name='s2000Junky' timestamp='1347655025' post='22012470']
[quote name='s2kbtos' timestamp='1347654312' post='22012435']

[/quote]

[/quote]

No they are all red. So you may not have a complete working kit. I dont know who sold you the kit, but you might want to take a picture of everything you got and post it here so I can help identify for you want state of being its in and if your going to need anything. There is a good chance this kit was run at a higher level to where and aftermarket engine management was used and then put back together and sold as the "base" kit without all the components your going to need for such.
[/quote]

I'm having issues with my computer and i can't upload the pictures. I will do it as soon as i fix it. I was going over the peices and it seems like i'm missing that pressure regulator instead i got a different one from holley. Where can i buy the one that comes with the comptech one,with the comptech specs?

The guy told me that he was going to upgrade the kit , but he didnt.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:24 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Comptech sells the FPR.
http://www.ct-engineering.com/Produc...9/Default.aspx

Science of Speed may, too.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think hecash was selling a new one in the FI classifieds.