S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Comptech w/ Aftercooler suggestions

Old 04-07-2005, 09:25 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

You're wrong. Well sort of. The V-AFC can't add or subtract fuel. What it does is increase of decrease the MAP signal. The ECU should respond by increasing or decreasing the fuel.

When people say "the V-AFC can't add fuel" that statement is usually followed by "when using the MAP Limiter (ESM) that comes with the Comptech SC". The reason is that at full boost the MAP signal is already off the ECUs maps so the ESM clamps it down to 2.9V and the FPR adds fuel instead. If you put the V-AFC upstream of the ESM any increase is clamped (so no point) and if you put it after the ESM then you are increasing an already maxed signal and the ECU will go into panic mode and pull timing drastically.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Black Nugget,Apr 6 2005, 06:59 AM
however I did also purchase a VAFC (which i would recommend) yesterday that we will be installing into my car next monday
It might be wise to install the product and test it before recommending it.

Also, there is a slight difference between the Vortech (yours) and Comptech (his) set up. The Vortech clamps the MAP signal at 2.7V whereas the Comptech clamps at 2.9V. Assuming 2.9 is the max then you have a bit to play with on the Vortech but none on the Comptech.

The trick with either set up is to up fuel pressure so you are never lean but then use the V-AFC to pull fuel where it is too rich. Still, it's a long way from a perfect solution and not the sort of ghetto fix I would be doing (again) on an expensive car. This is from first hand experience.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:35 PM

BTW, my recommendation for a set up like this is minimum of Greddy E-manage (like V-AFC except no display, programmed by laptop, more resolution and it can actually over drive the injectors directly rather than just tricking the ECU).

If you are considering upping boost then I recommend the AEM EMS. It's expensive, but then so are engine rebuilds.
Old 04-07-2005, 10:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AusS2000,Apr 8 2005, 12:25 AM
You're wrong. Well sort of. The V-AFC can't add or subtract fuel. What it does is increase of decrease the MAP signal. The ECU should respond by increasing or decreasing the fuel.

When people say "the V-AFC can't add fuel" that statement is usually followed by "when using the MAP Limiter (ESM) that comes with the Comptech SC". The reason is that at full boost the MAP signal is already off the ECUs maps so the ESM clamps it down to 2.9V and the FPR adds fuel instead. If you put the V-AFC upstream of the ESM any increase is clamped (so no point) and if you put it after the ESM then you are increasing an already maxed signal and the ECU will go into panic mode and pull timing drastically.
So basically your saying theres no real point to add a vafc to a comptech'd car then?.

I say forget about the rest and just get a AEM.
Old 04-07-2005, 10:12 PM

I think I'm in the "Don't add a V-AFC unless you really like the display" camp. But that is just IMNSHO.
Old 04-08-2005, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Silver S2k4,Apr 6 2005, 08:15 AM
something like this

Dont add the Front Mount Radiator if you don't need to. Its added weight in the front for no reason unless your gonna run on the track all day. Remember the thing is full of water unlike a Air to Air intercooler. Either that or get some good suspension. I remember I didn't like the way mine cornered after having a supercharger and FM Radiator installed. But I loved the strait away power.
Old 04-08-2005, 04:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Front mount is pretty much a necessisty if you go with a 9 lbs pulley. Even without the 9 lbs pulley, if you're going to track it, the front mount is worth it. With the supercharger you'll want good aftermarket suspension anyway, just have the car corner balanced.

Even with the front mount, I ended up needing an oil cooler as well. Ended up with the nice fugly buck tooth look ... but the motor stays nice and cool now.

Old 04-09-2005, 12:10 AM

huh
Old 04-09-2005, 07:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Honda_mann,Apr 9 2005, 01:10 AM
huh
Old 04-12-2005, 07:25 PM

ok guys. i have the similar setup. i have a SC charger, SC aftercooler with the front mount radiator for the aftercooler. i just added the VAFC2 but noticed when i added the MAP signal wiring. i put it between the ESM and the ECU. IS that right? I also got the pulley upgrade to 7.5lbs but havent installed it yet...

Quick Reply: Comptech w/ Aftercooler suggestions