S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

CTSC Install -- No Fuel Delivery Beyond FPR

Old 04-19-2008, 10:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CTSC Install -- No Fuel Delivery Beyond FPR

Hi all,

I've been working on installing my CTSC kit and I've run into an issue. The kit has a front mount, if that makes a difference. I got everything installed and went to turn the car over. It just cranked and never started.

I thought it might be the wiring, so I cut out the ESM and went back to stock wiring. Nada.

Upon inspection of the fuel delivery system, I noticed an issue. Namely, fuel was being delivered through the lines by the pump until it met the Comptech FPR. (You could feel the fuel passing through the lines prior to arrival at the FPR) After the regulator, the line contained an EXTREMELY small amount of fuel. I tried adjusting the regulator to allow more fuel delivery and the result was the same. ( I do not think it was an adjustment issue anyway as the previous owner didn't touch the FRP settings) Attempting to start the car with the sending line from the regulator removed from the fuel rail did not yield fuel squiring out of the line.

At this point I thought it might be a faulty FPR, so I re-routed the line and re-installed the stock FPR. Again, cranking the car yielded no fuel spraying out of the regulator. However, if the feed line was removed from the regulator and just left open to drain into a bucket, fuel sprayed out when the pump primed.

Cliff Notes: Fuel is making it to the regulator, but does not seem to pass through either the stock FPR or the Comptech FPR. Has anyone experienced such a problem before? It seems HIGHLY unlikely that both FPR's would be bad.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:14 PM

Almost forgot, does the FPR (either stock or Comptech) use vacuum to function? Maybe I installed some of the vac lines wrong when installing the kit and there isn't enough vacuum for the FPR to function?
Old 04-20-2008, 05:47 AM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

The fuel path should be tank - line - fuel rail - FPR- return to tank line. Your description makes it sound like you are trying to add fuel from the FPR.
Old 04-20-2008, 06:53 AM

I'll check that out today. I'm pretty sure we just took the line going into the stock FPR and put it on the bottom of the Comptech one.

However, I have no idea why, after reinstalling the stock one, the engine wouldn't crank as it worked fine before the install.

Thanks for the reply!
Old 04-20-2008, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Sideways,Apr 20 2008, 09:47 AM
The fuel path should be tank - line - fuel rail - FPR- return to tank line. Your description makes it sound like you are trying to add fuel from the FPR.
isnt the return line at the bottom of the stock fpr? if thats the case what line would go to fuel rail?
Old 04-20-2008, 11:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scott2055,Apr 20 2008, 09:53 AM
I'm pretty sure we just took the line going into the stock FPR and put it on the bottom of the Comptech one.
that would do it. the stock FPR outlet (on the fuel rail) goes to a banjo bolt fitting and then runs to the SIDE of the comptech FMU. then you run a line from the BOTTOM of the FMU to the stock return feedline. they give you a fitting to connect the two lines instead of deleting the stock return.

if i am thinking correctly you went from the RAIL ---> the bottom of the FMU (return!!!!) instead of the send (on the side!)

hope this helps. if i am not following you correctly please take pictures and we'll get this sorted out!
Old 04-20-2008, 11:56 AM

is it possible there is not enough pressure from the pump? maybe u need to switch those two lines on top of the fuel pump?
Old 04-20-2008, 12:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dales2000,Apr 20 2008, 02:56 PM
is it possible there is not enough pressure from the pump? maybe u need to switch those two lines on top of the fuel pump?
not likely. he didnt mention touchign his pump yet. even if he was running the stock
pump the car would still turn over and run - mine did at least.
Old 04-20-2008, 02:10 PM

We pulled the fuel pump out and
noticed the feed line was almost off from the pump to the top of the holding mechanism. After making sure the hose was tight, we reinstalled. When priming the car, the fuel pump made a higher pitched sound -- a whiney sound. Still, we got no fuel delivery to the fuel rail or the line between the fuel rail and the Comptech FPR. I have no idea what the issue could be....

Faulty fuel pump?
Old 04-20-2008, 02:14 PM

forgot to mention that we also made sure that the lines running from the fuel rail to the FPR were correct I.e. That there was a line from the fuel rail to the SIDE of the FPR and a return line on the bottom of the FPR

Quick Reply: CTSC Install -- No Fuel Delivery Beyond FPR