S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Does a Comptech SC KIt feel fast?

Old 06-02-2008, 06:14 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
Thumbs up Does a Comptech SC KIt feel fast?

Looking to go FI most likely very soon. My question here is, that I have been hearing from other members that the Comptech and Vortech SC kit's don't actually feel any faster than stock even though they are. Is this true at all? Can you not actually feel the extra 100 whp? Do you get any of that pushed back into your seat feeling you do with turbos?
I am hoping to get a ride in one shortly to see if I can feel the difference, but I just really don't understand how people can say they don't feel a difference when it has 100-150 whp more than stock.
Also, in numbers that have been posted about the acceleration gain from the SC kit, it only shows like a .1 second gain I think 0-60. Why is that? Anyone know what the approximate gains in the 1/4 mile have been?
Is there any more torque under vtec than stock with this kit? Or does it feel exactly the same under vtec?
They are much easier to install than a turbo kit correct?
Also what has the feeling about going with a FMIC been with these SC kits? Too much pressure lost with all the tubing? How much power can you get out of the SC kits with stock injectors?
Old 06-02-2008, 06:26 AM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Well the basic out of the box kits only make 5 or so psi out of the box and thats @ redline. So they dont even make boost until 6k. Under 6k the engine has to spin the blower anyways. So really the car feels like it has supervtec with most of the power felt between 7-9k (assuming ap1)

It wont feel like a turbo which will make full boost from 4.5k-9k, giving more power under the curve. Vortec/CT power is gradual and controlable and it comes on strong at Vtec.

If your going by 0-60 for your basis of accleration numbers. Then you should toss that out of the window. It is very difficult to get consistant 0-60 times out of the s2000, much less with alot more power since you have to launch the car so high it will usually result in more wheelspin.

Install is about the same difficulty as a turbo. The comptec however is a more simple system than the vortec and should be easier to install.

FMIC intercooler would be pointless if your going to run stock injectors. The injectors max out @ 300whp or so you wont be able to up the boost enough to see a benefit from a FMIC.

Old 06-02-2008, 06:31 AM
Former Sponsor

Ok sounds good. So you can definitely feel the difference in power when vtec kicks in? The reason I was thinking of going with a fmic is because the kit I am looking at does not have an aftercooler, and I am sure an aftrecooler will cost more to buy than doing a custom fmic project.
1/4 mile time, have their been any shown gains with the sc kits?
Old 06-02-2008, 06:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 06-02-2008, 06:40 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by btstone84,Jun 2 2008, 10:39 AM
That helps how?
Old 06-02-2008, 06:40 AM

More Hp MOSTLY means faster car
Old 06-02-2008, 06:42 AM
Former Sponsor

I know it will BE faster, but I have heard that it does not FEEL any faster. Also I have not seen acceleration numbers showing what the actual performance gains are.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:45 AM

depends where you want the power

this chart is a comparison of the following kits on an AP1

greddy turbo = solid line
comptech s/c = dotted

its a bit hard to see, hope you can make it out.. click on it to open it in a new window to see a larger version
Old 06-02-2008, 06:53 AM
Former Sponsor

Yeah that low end power and torque would be really nice.
Want I really want to know is if the SC's really FEEL fast or not. Since I am not getting a kit so that I can beat people or to have impressive numbers, I just want it to make my car more fun to drive and be faster in general.
Also interested in what the 1/4 gains are, even though I higly doubt I will ever go to that track with it, it would be nice to see what gains are actually there. Same with the Greddy turbo kits 1/4 miles time gains.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:53 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I run a stock vortech setup which is very simular . It feels MUCH faster then any na s2k ive ever driven !

Quick Reply: Does a Comptech SC KIt feel fast?