S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

DRY SUMP!?

Old 05-14-2016, 12:38 AM
Community Organizer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default DRY SUMP!?

i would like to increase the oil capacity to help with temp and starvation problems in corners not that i am having any i just wanted to see if anyone has ever seen it done. I know there was a company making small batches that where in the 5k range and not 15k like spoon . Any thoughts?
Old 05-14-2016, 08:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I opted for the Peterson 3 stage dry sump pump. I fabricated a pulley that attaches to the front of my ATI damper.
Old 05-14-2016, 08:48 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by redboost10
I opted for the Peterson 3 stage dry sump pump. I fabricated a pulley that attaches to the front of my ATI damper.
With this statement, you know you gotta post pics
Old 05-15-2016, 02:51 PM

Received 116 Likes on 81 Posts

Mine sits the dry sump pump down on the bottom of the engine, inlet side, belt runs from a seperate pulley that bolts through the middle of the crank pulley with a shoulder to centralise it:

Old 05-15-2016, 04:57 PM
Community Organizer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

i wonder if i could add it to the stock serpentine system with the blower pulley on there isn't enough room in front due to the steering rack. I don't have a mill or lathe but am very good with my tig welder and i have band saw drill press and a break for up to 1/4 inch thick aluminum so i can make most of it except the pulleys. I wonder if i could fit it in with the blower but i would need a stack of pumps to mock up time to start looking for some worn out nascar parts
Old 05-15-2016, 05:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BuggyofMildDiscomfort
Mine sits the dry sump pump down on the bottom of the engine, inlet side, belt runs from a seperate pulley that bolts through the middle of the crank pulley with a shoulder to centralise it:
Is that a completely custom setup?
Old 05-15-2016, 05:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s2k manic
i wonder if i could add it to the stock serpentine system with the blower pulley on there isn't enough room in front due to the steering rack. I don't have a mill or lathe but am very good with my tig welder and i have band saw drill press and a break for up to 1/4 inch thick aluminum so i can make most of it except the pulleys. I wonder if i could fit it in with the blower but i would need a stack of pumps to mock up time to start looking for some worn out nascar parts
It would be interesting to see what solution you come up with as I'm interested in a dry sump system as well and will be supercharged so would need a custom pulley made.
Old 05-15-2016, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by misdeismo
Is that a completely custom setup?
It's a RED kit but about the only bit that's been left the same is the sump casting - altered all the gauzes, hoses, mountings for pump, etc, because the rest of the kit was frankly shit and/or just plainly didn't fit - In fact the first pump that got delivered with the kit was DOA and you could tell just from a hand check, had to change it.
Old 05-15-2016, 11:07 PM

I wouldn't want to be trying to run a dry sump pump on anything other than a timing belt....and I wouldn't want to run the blower and ancillaries on a timing belt...
Old 05-16-2016, 06:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you will not be able to run the pump off the factory serpentine belt because the ratio you need to have between the crank and the pump would make the pulley on the pump too big to fit in your engine bay.

i have done a bit of research in regards to dry sumping the f20/22c before starting my own system. there are kits available but i didn't like any of them so i built my own. the oil requirements of these engines is tremendous when vtec engages (100LPM). i contacted peterson directly to ensure i got the right parts. i am using one of their r4 pumps and an external regulator to bypass the oil at low rpm. i am also using one of their tanks and inline oil filters.

to run the pump you will want an htd or similar gear/belt set to run the pump. this is critical- a toothed belt must be used to ensure there is no belt slip. running out of oil pressure due to a slipping belt can be very bad for your engine.

there are lots of pics of all the custom parts i made and the install on my fb. i am currently revising the system and building a new pan/pump mount. if anyone is interested in the old pan, they can have it for $300 shipped.

pics:

arbor adapter for ati crank pulley:

new pan:

aaron

Quick Reply: DRY SUMP!?