S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Dutch turbo

Old 01-22-2007, 01:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Quivers,Jan 22 2007, 02:10 PM
your making this to complicated, you can make 450 so easy without all this crazy hassle your talking about, plus I don't think the gt30 is good for any more than 450whp and you only need 14 to 16psi to make that.
So you're telling me 16psi is no trouble without without lowering compression?
I think a lot of people will disagree, but do you know this for sure?

Ofcourse I can lower the compression to 8 or 9 but then it won't be as driveable anymore as with 10 or 11 on low boost.

And if the GT3076R maxes out at 450whp at 16psi, what happens when you run it at 22psi? Isn't there any hp increase?
Old 01-22-2007, 02:03 PM

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

With 9.5:1 compression, I was within spitting distance of 450 whp at under 16 psi on that same turbo on pump gas. With race gas and more boost, you should be able to break 450 and get closer to 500 whp. I'd guess that you will wind up closer to 400-425 whp with the 2mm gasket and pump gas.

You will need a Walbro fuel pump plus at least 650 cc injectors to max out the turbo on pump gas. If you want to run race gas alone on your second fuel system, 1000cc injectors are probably the way to go.

Honestly, I know of NO good clutches that will hold that much power, not slip, and not make unacceptable amounts of noise. The ACT PP stock disc combo seems to work very well at lower power levers, but may slip with that much power. My SPEC stage 2 holds the power, but rattles like crazy and is VERY difficult to drive. It can be slipped, but engages VERY quickly.

I also highly recommend getting the 1052U instead of the 1052. The 1052U includes a wideband O2 sensor. You should probably also add on a boost control solenoid from either GM or AEM.

Tim
Old 01-22-2007, 02:08 PM

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by YuriArts,Jan 22 2007, 03:53 PM

Ofcourse I can lower the compression to 8 or 9 but then it won't be as driveable anymore as with 10 or 11 on low boost.

And if the GT3076R maxes out at 450whp at 16psi, what happens when you run it at 22psi? Isn't there any hp increase?
You should definitely lower your compression to run that much boost. I think what he means is that you should be able to get very close to 450 whp without running 2 bar of boost and a second fuel system filled with race gas. If you run 22 psi on a GT3076R, I think you might find that you have run out of turbo and will not make any more power. I think you will find maximum power with that turbo is well below 22 psi.

Why don't you build it for 450 whp on pump gas (using the 2mm gasket) and see what happens? If it's not enough power, you can always try race gas later.

Tim
Old 01-22-2007, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by timg,Jan 22 2007, 03:03 PM
With 9.5:1 compression, I was within spitting distance of 450 whp at under 16 psi on that same turbo on pump gas. With race gas and more boost, you should be able to break 450 and get closer to 500 whp. I'd guess that you will wind up closer to 400-425 whp with the 2mm gasket and pump gas.

You will need a Walbro fuel pump plus at least 650 cc injectors to max out the turbo on pump gas. If you want to run race gas alone on your second fuel system, 1000cc injectors are probably the way to go.

Honestly, I know of NO good clutches that will hold that much power, not slip, and not make unacceptable amounts of noise. The ACT PP stock disc combo seems to work very well at lower power levers, but may slip with that much power. My SPEC stage 2 holds the power, but rattles like crazy and is VERY difficult to drive. It can be slipped, but engages VERY quickly.

I also highly recommend getting the 1052U instead of the 1052. The 1052U includes a wideband O2 sensor. You should probably also add on a boost control solenoid from either GM or AEM.

Tim
Thanks Tim, good point made about the race gas. But why would I need a 1000cc injector for the race gas and 650cc on normal gas?

Clutches are very difficult to check out. I think i'm going to try the 4 puck Competition clutch. They seem to be pretty good and drivable. InlinePro says that would be the best setup for the power i will be making. OR the Exedy triple plate, but I haven't dound anything on that one yet.

I'm getting the 1052U, forgot to mention that 'U' ;-))

InlinePro doesn't advise for a boost control solenoid. They say a manual version is much better. Any experience on that part?

thank for the input man
Old 01-22-2007, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by timg,Jan 22 2007, 03:08 PM
You should definitely lower your compression to run that much boost. I think what he means is that you should be able to get very close to 450 whp without running 2 bar of boost and a second fuel system filled with race gas. If you run 22 psi on a GT3076R, I think you might find that you have run out of turbo and will not make any more power. I think you will find maximum power with that turbo is well below 22 psi.

Why don't you build it for 450 whp on pump gas (using the 2mm gasket) and see what happens? If it's not enough power, you can always try race gas later.

Tim
InlinPro advise a GT35R.

Any ideas on how that will perform in comparison with the GT3076R ?
Another option would be the GT30R. Do know what the difference is though.

I don't know what to do with the race gas yet, gonna be tough decision.
Does anyone have experience with it??
Old 01-23-2007, 01:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by YuriArts,Jan 23 2007, 09:42 AM
InlinPro advise a GT35R.

Any ideas on how that will perform in comparison with the GT3076R ?
Another option would be the GT30R. Do know what the difference is though.

I don't know what to do with the race gas yet, gonna be tough decision.
Does anyone have experience with it??
Honestly, though a dual fuel rail setup sounds good in theory, it might be overkill for the amount of power you're aiming for. I'm not speaking from personal experience here, but if you do a search you'll find that many forum members have attained 400+ bhp using only one fuel rail and 750cc - 1000cc injectors. If you're worried about smoothness, stick with the peak and hold injector driver and get suitable injectors. You can still have your car mapped for both high/boost low boost. Just switch maps when you fill up with race gas. You may also want to look into the difference between 3mm gasket and 2mm gasket though to see what power other members are making with both.

This will help you with finding out the differences between turbos:

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarre...ech_center.html
Old 01-23-2007, 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by s0rted,Jan 23 2007, 02:56 AM
Honestly, though a dual fuel rail setup sounds good in theory, it might be overkill for the amount of power you're aiming for. I'm not speaking from personal experience here, but if you do a search you'll find that many forum members have attained 400+ bhp using only one fuel rail and 750cc - 1000cc injectors. If you're worried about smoothness, stick with the peak and hold injector driver and get suitable injectors. You can still have your car mapped for both high/boost low boost. Just switch maps when you fill up with race gas. You may also want to look into the difference between 3mm gasket and 2mm gasket though to see what power other members are making with both.

This will help you with finding out the differences between turbos:

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarre...ech_center.html
Thanks for the reference guide, i'll look into it.

I think there is some misunderstanding about the C16 fuel and why I want a dual fuelrail.
If you want safe hp on 16psi or more, you need a 3mm gasket. But then you loose the pros of the higher compression.
But when you run race gas you can safely run 20psi for instance without a 3mm gasket.

So what's up: take a 2mm gasket and lower compression a bit. Up to say 16psi run on normal gas. When you want more, switch on the race gas and only WHEN you use more than 16psi the AEM will allocate the race gas, on the fly.

This also has a positive that you don't have to tank either race gas or normal gas, you can use both at the same time. The AEM will decide which one to use

This is a proven way on Skylines but for some reason not yet used on S2000's....... untill now

I don't want to blow my motor. That's why we're building in safety margins with the 2mm gasket and race gas. WHP is not really an aim but drivability certainly is.

ok, now i'm gonna look for a suitable turbo...
Old 01-23-2007, 07:50 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by YuriArts,Jan 22 2007, 04:53 PM

I never said not to use a head gasket, I thought that went without saying.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:53 AM

Yuri,

I've responded to your e-mail
Old 01-24-2007, 01:43 PM

I believe the best option is to leave the engine compression stock and run moderate boost on pump gas (0.4 - 0.6 bar).
You can safely make close to 350whp that way (there are examples of 400whp, 100% stock engine, but the one I have in mind broke down after some time).

Then using race gas you will be able to make the 450whp at 1-1,2 bar.

If you lower the compression you loose in ALL aspects with the exception of peak hp which is, if I understand correctly, what you don't want!

Quick Reply: Dutch turbo