S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

EFR Turbo not holding boost

Old 07-01-2017, 05:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the input here definitely leaning towards the EBC or the tune itself which is to say the least a tricky situation to which I can't get into online. (Long story but working towards the right tune). I was kind of hoping someone had the exact issue as me and knew the answer as I did find one other thread on a different forum with the same issue but it never posted a resolution. I will continue to narrow it down and update the thread once figured out.
Old 07-01-2017, 05:58 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Hmm. Did he lock u out? Or say his tune is to magical for other eyes to see?

Sorry to be blunt, sometimes I jump to conclusions. what ever the story is, take me with a grain of salt lol. Don't mean much by it. Just hate to see people in trouble or need with their builds when they pay for tuning services n such. (And I have seen this happen a lot)

One of the reasons I asked about ports is because Mijae was having boost issues on a 4 port. But complete opposite reaction. He was boosting to much "sensitivity" issue so it could be hardware non the less. But was an avenue for trouble shooting purposes to me.
Data log would really narrow this down pretty well or at least get you movin towards a solution I think as well as charper.
Old 07-01-2017, 06:05 PM

Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by s2kslow
Thanks for all the input here definitely leaning towards the EBC or the tune itself which is to say the least a tricky situation to which I can't get into online. (Long story but working towards the right tune). I was kind of hoping someone had the exact issue as me and knew the answer as I did find one other thread on a different forum with the same issue but it never posted a resolution. I will continue to narrow it down and update the thread once figured out.
I have the exact same issue. I haven't really messed with the car a whole lot so I didn't want to give you some random "i think it's this" comment....but since no one else really gave you a solid idea, I'll throw this out there.

I do not fully grasp tuning the Basedutycycle tables 1 and 2. I know the first one deals with percentage of the duty cycle but the second one i believe deals with intake temp? My tuner kinda fked me so i need to find a new one and get my car setup correctly, but anyway. What I have come to figure out, during the day when its hot as balls(Atlanta,ga) my boost will spike up to 16psi where I have it set at and will level out down to 12psi or so. However, when I log it at night time when it is MUCH cooler, I can hold steady 15-16psi all the way to redline. So this leaves me to believe it has something to do with the secondary basedutycycle table not being setup.

Take this comment with a grain of salt...these are just my observations. I'll let you know what we figure out once I get back on the dyno
Old 07-01-2017, 07:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Charper732 I think you just nailed it. I just went out and set the GoPro to record the boost gauge and it stuck 15-16 to redline and felt amazing!! Nighttime and much cooler as I am down here in Florida and the other times I have noticed it was during the day. MorngWood yes locked and long story short because it was not holding boost in the first fully paid tuning session we assumed actuator and now he wants a ton more money to tune again on the new actuator. Luckily the AFRs are still really good on the new actuator so the car is super safe in fact that could explain some of the laggy low end as it is super rich. Too make a really long story short my best friend is one of the best tuners out there but no longer tunes because its a pain in the ass, he has agreed however to tune the car here near the end of the summer. But I originally though this was a mechanical issue. However the above response makes a ton of sense.
Old 07-02-2017, 12:53 AM

Received 74 Likes on 65 Posts

Its really sad to see tuners charge full price for a follow up tune. Imo, he should offer a discount on the retune or it be free as an all inclusive deal for when you first paid. Im sure you paid around 4-600 for the tune. If you were in in socal id refer you to a solid tuner i know. At least you know its not anything mechanical. Check your iat boost compensation tables or any other boost related temp compensation tables and see if you can find where in the tune its controlling that. It could very well jist be heat soak too...
Old 07-02-2017, 04:03 AM

This is why I loved HI so much! 99% of the time It was either 80* (night time) or 92* (day time) all year around lol.
Old 07-02-2017, 04:15 AM

Sorry to hear about your friend charging for what still sounds like a "tune" related issue. A standalone should have a ton of compensation tables, for pretty much everything lol.

I know after initial dyno I was never charged full price again. ....I would find someone else, but that's just me. His tune must really be worth it.