S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Emanage Ultimate Injector map at 100%

Old 03-16-2010, 07:11 PM

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Emanage Ultimate Injector map at 100%

I have an AP1 with CTSC running 7psi and 550cc injectors with stock FPR. My injector map in the 6-7k rpm has values of 100%. the duty of the injectors is only 50% though. What do i do now to add more fuel. The cars still running lean around 13:1 at that rpm. All other rpms the car runs ok.

Any ideas appreciated.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:22 PM

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Can you change the microbit setting on the Ultimate Emanage like you can with the AEM EMS? Upping the microbit on the AEM EMS is how you lower the fuel delivery percentage so you have more room to add fuel.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe you can activate injector map 2 and add fuel in the required cells. If injector maps 1 and 2 are both activated, I believe the maps add together.

Also, are you running the OEM fuel pump? When I went to 550 injectors, I had to upgrade to a Walbro 255 fuel pump to bring the duty cycles back down at the higher rpms.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:45 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

With the Emange and at higher boost on 550CC injectors maxing out the fuel injector adustment. The only thing I could figure out is to increase the fuel pressure, get larger injectors or best yet get an AEM EMS and it will be sooo much easier.

Now, why you are seeing such lean conditions I would check the fuel pressure, there has to be some fuel delivery problem. Definalty check out the fuel pump and pressure.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:19 PM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by neptuner,Mar 16 2010, 10:23 PM
I believe you can activate injector map 2 and add fuel in the required cells. If injector maps 1 and 2 are both activated, I believe the maps add together.

Also, are you running the OEM fuel pump? When I went to 550 injectors, I had to upgrade to a Walbro 255 fuel pump to bring the duty cycles back down at the higher rpms.
neptuner is correct.

100% on the injector map does not mean 100% actual DC at the injector

what the 100% means is 100% added to the scaled pulse width the ULT is seeing coming into the UTL ( after the before /after injector scaling is applied)

If both maps are on they add together.

Also runnign larger injector to a point eventual will require a larger pump capable of delivering enough fuel mass flow while maintaining a decent pressure.

Other wise you will not get a good spray pattern and atomization.

I am running my Klein 550cc injectors at 56psi static pressure so even at 323whp ( uncorrected) I only run the injectors to a final DC of ~75%
Old 03-17-2010, 02:55 AM

I do have a walboro fuel pump. I put it in when I got the supercharger last year when I was running the rising rate FPR. The fuel pressure at idle is stock ~45psi. The car runs rich all the way up to 5500 it looks like it only does it when vtec kicks in. Once my afr gauge flashes at me (any afr greater than 12.5 in boost I get off the throttle.
I wanted to use i/j map 2 to adjust fuel when using the wideband feedback. Similar to how mugenrio has his set.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by Spoolin,Mar 16 2010, 10:22 PM
Can you change the microbit setting on the Ultimate Emanage like you can with the AEM EMS? Upping the microbit on the AEM EMS is how you lower the fuel delivery percentage so you have more room to add fuel.
Not too familiar with this setting. I dont think its in the Emanage
Old 03-17-2010, 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by MugenRioS2k,Mar 17 2010, 12:19 AM
neptuner is correct.

100% on the injector map does not mean 100% actual DC at the injector

what the 100% means is 100% added to the scaled pulse width the ULT is seeing coming into the UTL ( after the before /after injector scaling is applied)

If both maps are on they add together.

Also runnign larger injector to a point eventual will require a larger pump capable of delivering enough fuel mass flow while maintaining a decent pressure.

Other wise you will not get a good spray pattern and atomization.

I am running my Klein 550cc injectors at 56psi static pressure so even at 323whp ( uncorrected) I only run the injectors to a final DC of ~75%
Ya i have 100% in the map but the duty of the injectors have not gone above the stock input injector duty values. of less than 50% duty.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:52 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The more I read this the more I think your factory ECM is delivering to small of a pulse. If this is the case this means that the factory ECM is not seeing, load, temperature, VTEC or RPM correctly.

Did you modify the harness? Was it new from Greddy when you Installed it?

Have you verified all the settings in the Emanage to make sure it is set up for a AP1?

Where did you get your base map to start tuning?

Have you tied the WB into the Emanage?

Where did you clamp the Map?

Here are a few things you may want to check with an OBDII scanner

1.) Manifold Pressure in the ECM vs Emanage
2.) Vtec Engagment
3.) The Factory ECM RPM

If all this is good, then I would pull the pump and put in a new genuin Walbro 255

Mark, I tried to use both of the I/J maps in unison to add more fuel and it did not work in the past. There is no reference in the manual and when I called Greddy they could do nothing but guess. It did appear that the base map worked this way when I bought the system but I could never get it to work. I was forced to increase the fuel pressure to so that I could lower the range.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:33 PM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by dsddcd,Mar 17 2010, 07:52 PM

Mark, I tried to use both of the I/J maps in unison to add more fuel and it did not work in the past.
Check your I/J setting in the Parameters Settings

You need to have it set up as follows: ( you may not have Map2 tagged to the injectors)

CH Type Map1 Map2
CH-1 +/- 1 1
CH-2 +/- 2 2
CH-3 +/- 3 3
CH-4 +/- 4 4

The ULT has this feature in case you want to
add fuel to a set of primary injector AKA Map1 tagged to injectors 1-4
and a second set of injectors AKA Map2 tagged to injector outputs 5-8

If you need/want to use both fuel maps to add to a single set of 4 injectors you need to set it up as shown above.

Quick Reply: Emanage Ultimate Injector map at 100%