S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

FI kit, whats needed?

Old 06-20-2014, 10:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FI kit, whats needed?

hey this may be a bit of a redundant question, but I'm new to this FI stuff. So my question is, what is required for a turbo/supercharger to make it reliable and useable on a day to day basis. As in upgraded internals and such. also what is a good cost-effective turbo kit that products mild amount of boost that keeps it reliable?
Old 06-20-2014, 10:25 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You've come to the right place, there's a lot of information in this form (*Hint* Search *Hint*). I guess I'll start with the counter questions.

What's your budget? What are your goals for the car? Track or just a fun weekend car? What fuels do you have available to you? 91/93/E85? How much power do you want to make? Do you need to remain emissions compliant? Are there things you aren't willing to do to the car (relocate battery, AC lines, fuse box).
Old 06-20-2014, 04:43 PM

On a day to day basis. Sounds like a dd. I'm going to be doing the same. When my s.o.s. turbo kit gets here. With an aem v2 or aem infinity. Ill be running stock internals with upgraded fuel system. Tp. Exhaust and running low boost. Start low and learn the car again with the new hp/tq. Don't skimp on research. Search search search. I did 3+ months research before deciding on my turbo kit. I'm constantly researching. Information and reviews are your best friend.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:15 PM

my budget is max of $2-5K on a kit but $5K is really pushing it. my main goal for the car is at the least 350Hp at the crank but no higher than 450HP because i would believe your pushing reliability and bringing the cost up. it is going to be a daily and when autocross comes around a good track car. i am available to all fuels, including 110 ( don't ask me how but its right outside of where I'm going to school and no its not at a racetrack). i need to be able to pass emissions and id really like to remain from relocating anything. I've heard that turbonetics are good for the price but i don't know much more. I have the tools and the knowledge to get everything on but to reach each one of my goals I'm a bit lost.

Originally Posted by Jin_SK
You've come to the right place, there's a lot of information in this form (*Hint* Search *Hint*). I guess I'll start with the counter questions.

What's your budget? What are your goals for the car? Track or just a fun weekend car? What fuels do you have available to you? 91/93/E85? How much power do you want to make? Do you need to remain emissions compliant? Are there things you aren't willing to do to the car (relocate battery, AC lines, fuse box).
Old 06-20-2014, 08:35 PM

With $4k youll be one lucky guy to be boosted. If you can do all the work yourself, you be spending at least $7k still. Unless of course you get some great deals on used stuff.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:36 PM

Supercharger will be your friend.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:38 PM

everything will be done myself. i don't know everything but i know my way around a wrench. now I've seen plenty of brand name kits for that price range. yes id like it to be cheaper but you do what you got to do. also why a supercharger over a turbo?

Originally Posted by KaNgArOo
With $4k youll be one lucky guy to be boosted. If you can do all the work yourself, you be spending at least $7k still. Unless of course you get some great deals on used stuff.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:19 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just an ECU I and injectors will be around 2k. Put aside 500 for tuning and that leaves you 1500 for all the boosted parts. That's going to be almost impossible. I bought my SC used for around 3k. After install, ECU, injectors, 2 tunes, and baffled oil pan it was closer to 7k. Generally speaking, turbos will be more expensive
Old 06-21-2014, 06:47 AM

I know thats why i said on a kit id like to spend that much. i knew that the tune and ECU would be way more expensive, an ECU from AEM tends to be the only ecu for s2ks. so i knew what money market i was looking at I'm just trying to keep the cost as low as possible

Originally Posted by MBHs2k
Just an ECU I and injectors will be around 2k. Put aside 500 for tuning and that leaves you 1500 for all the boosted parts. That's going to be almost impossible. I bought my SC used for around 3k. After install, ECU, injectors, 2 tunes, and baffled oil pan it was closer to 7k. Generally speaking, turbos will be more expensive
Old 06-21-2014, 06:58 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

5k you can get a kit. Will be a few grand on top of that at least for clutch, ecu, injectors, fuel pump, gauges etc. so assume 7-10k for turbo. You can get supercharged with all supporting mods used for probably around 5k or a little more if you wait for a good deal.

Quick Reply: FI kit, whats needed?