S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

fuel level not working

Old 07-13-2012, 10:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel level not working

i need some help this fuel gauge is driving me nuts..i bought a used fbm twin pump hanger installed it hanger works great but my fuel level on the cluster doesn't work...i thought it was the sensor in the tank so i pulled it out and replaced it with the 1 that was originally in the car.....still doesn't work so i though i maybe getting stuck under the filters on the pumps took it back out and move the sensor up and down gauge doesn't move so i ordered a brand new one from honda installed and move the float up and down doesnt work...it only moved 1 bar double check the wires...seem to be right i believe i have it yellow wire to blue and black to black...thought that was wrong so i matched the pins from original hanger to make sure...deff right so right now im back to where i started have any1 had this problem before?
Old 07-13-2012, 10:45 AM

is the float hitting anything? does it swing freely?
Old 07-13-2012, 11:05 AM

swinging free
Old 07-13-2012, 11:15 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a FB hanger installed....Is the fuel level sensor hooked up or is the wiring incorrect?
Old 07-13-2012, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by soulicious
I have a FB hanger installed....Is the fuel level sensor hooked up or is the wiring incorrect?
thought i wired it wrong but its right...i traced the pins from factory hanger to make sure its going to the same place
Old 07-13-2012, 11:33 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Phill24
i need some help this fuel gauge is driving me nuts..i bought a used fbm twin pump hanger installed it hanger works great but my fuel level on the cluster doesn't work...i thought it was the sensor in the tank so i pulled it out and replaced it with the 1 that was originally in the car.....still doesn't work so i though i maybe getting stuck under the filters on the pumps took it back out and move the sensor up and down gauge doesn't move so i ordered a brand new one from honda installed and move the float up and down doesnt work...it only moved 1 bar double check the wires...seem to be right i believe i have it yellow wire to blue and black to black...thought that was wrong so i matched the pins from original hanger to make sure...deff right so right now im back to where i started have any1 had this problem before?
Do you have a multimeter? Check the voltage as you move the float up and down.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:41 AM

Im having this exact same problem and we triple checked everything and cant figure it out.

My gauge will read full when I fill up then it will drop 3-4 bricks from gas being consumed then it just stops reading after that and gets stuck at like 3/4 full tank until I fill up again.

We checked like 100 times to make sure it wasnt hitting anything and its not. I cant figure out wth is wrong so I ordered a whole new floater/arm assembly im praying that my arm was maybe slightly bent and it was hitting something otherwise I dono what it could be.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by herecomesboost
Originally Posted by Phill24' timestamp='1342204524' post='21857391
Do you have a multimeter? Check the voltage as you move the float up and down.
have a mulimeter @work..i'll bring it home tomorrow morning and try again

Originally Posted by Booztin
Im having this exact same problem and we triple checked everything and cant figure it out.

My gauge will read full when I fill up then it will drop 3-4 bricks from gas being consumed then it just stops reading after that and gets stuck at like 3/4 full tank until I fill up again.

We checked like 100 times to make sure it wasnt hitting anything and its not. I cant figure out wth is wrong so I ordered a whole new floater/arm assembly im praying that my arm was maybe slightly bent and it was hitting something otherwise I dono what it could be.
thats exactly whats going on..but after i fill the tank drive a few miles home turn the car off then turn it back on the gauge goes to the halfway mark..thats how i got stuck one day thought i had a half tank of gas the car shut off and im going crazy trying to find out whats wrong
Old 07-13-2012, 12:07 PM

I hate it but when I was driving it I was just regulating everything off my milage. 190-200 miles I would go fill up.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:18 PM

cant go by that when ur in BOOOOOST!!

Quick Reply: fuel level not working