S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Fuel Pressure Maxed out

Old 06-04-2019, 11:54 AM

Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by RolanTHUNDER
I just seek clarity: will 1000cc injectors net you more than 400whp on gasoline?
not by much, depending on displacement it is def doable on an ap2 but not sure on an ap1. i did 399 @ 75% as a stock 2.2 ... i did 451 @90% as a built 2.4... both with grams 1000cc... how much displacement has to do with it I cant really comment on. But its def possible, but not ideal. If I go about getting it retuned i'll probably switch to id1300's myself

but ideally if your goal is 400 or higher its smart to go with the 1300s only because if you are getting there on 1000s it will be on the higher end of the injector range. also 1000cc injectors will also be limiting you on e85.
Old 06-04-2019, 12:32 PM

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

im only at 65% duty cycle iirc. ~400whp on e85. bosch 1300cc injectors. aem 400 in a surge tank and oem pump as a lifter pump stock feed and return line, stock rail and aem bolt on fpr at stock rail pressure. id say up the injector they are cheap enough

also what gauge wire are your running to your fuel pump? stock isnt going to cut it for a pump that size
Old 06-04-2019, 04:09 PM

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Fuel pump flow rate decreases significantly with increasing fuel pressure (assuming a centrifugal pump like the 450).
Injector flow rate increases with increasing fuel pressure.

Either could limit you. Do the math based on the pump and injector curves. A good example of this is a V8 with ID850's and a Walbro 450. The fuel pump is limiting even though a lot of people go with ID1050 or ID1300. You need a low base pressure (30-40 psi) to max out the injectors and pump simultaneously under boost.

Tim
Old 06-04-2019, 11:41 PM

Received 187 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by outeiroj
not by much, depending on displacement it is def doable on an ap2 but not sure on an ap1. i did 399 @ 75% as a stock 2.2 ... i did 451 @90% as a built 2.4... both with grams 1000cc... how much displacement has to do with it I cant really comment on. But its def possible, but not ideal. If I go about getting it retuned i'll probably switch to id1300's myself

but ideally if your goal is 400 or higher its smart to go with the 1300s only because if you are getting there on 1000s it will be on the higher end of the injector range. also 1000cc injectors will also be limiting you on e85.
Thanks man. I don't see myself chasing significantly more than 400whp on my AP1 with a Vortech supercharger (when it's installed). Running NA with exhaust mods now on stock ECU. Got grams 1000cc with p n p harnesses and an AEM340 LPH ready to go though.
Old 06-05-2019, 03:58 AM

Thanks man. I don't see myself chasing significantly more than 400whp on my AP1 with a Vortech supercharger (when it's installed). Running NA with exhaust mods now on stock ECU. Got grams 1000cc with p n p harnesses and an AEM340 LPH ready to go though.
If you haven’t installed the grams injectors yet I would recommend using something else. There have been some minor documented issues with them on hot starts and id1300 are cheap enough to consider. Remember if you decided you want to upgrade after your going to have to pay for another tune so the cost of the injectors now becomes a wash. I wish I did this ahead of time myself
Old 06-05-2019, 04:36 AM

If you haven’t installed the grams injectors yet I would recommend using something else. There have been some minor documented issues with them on hot starts and id1300 are cheap enough to consider. Remember if you decided you want to upgrade after your going to have to pay for another tune so the cost of the injectors now becomes a wash. I wish I did this ahead of time myself
What minor issues have you seen/heard of?
Old 06-05-2019, 12:46 PM

What minor issues have you seen/heard of?
Mostly hot start issues due to temp of fuel going into the engine. It doesn’t happen on all of them but evan @ Evan’s tuning told me about it and after doing some research verified it. I have not had the issue and apparently letting it sit will Get it to start again. On a returned fuel system the problem is less likely to occur and even on my non return it’s been fine but it’s still possible.
Old 06-05-2019, 10:01 PM

Mostly hot start issues due to temp of fuel going into the engine. It doesn’t happen on all of them but evan @ Evan’s tuning told me about it and after doing some research verified it. I have not had the issue and apparently letting it sit will Get it to start again. On a returned fuel system the problem is less likely to occur and even on my non return it’s been fine but it’s still possible.
I have an AP1 with it's original fuel return system

BTW, LHT has put out many a supercharged S2000 making above 400whp on supplied Grams 1000cc injectors.
Old 06-06-2019, 12:52 AM

Received 616 Likes on 422 Posts

ID1300s are $900.....Grams will more than satisfy his goals of 400whp. "Minor documented issues" occur from almost every manufacturer from time to time. If the Grams injectors were as much of a problem as their fuel pumps we'd assuredly know this by now. I don't think advising someone against something that has worked for plenty of others and will work for them and their goals and instead pointing them towards something that costs twice as much is good advice....Sorry. You seem to be making good power with your car, more than he wants to make, and you've said you've had your kit installed for a couple of years now with no issues. That being said I don't think you need to promote Grams, but at the same time given your success, I'm not seeing a reason to advise against them either.
The following users liked this post:
RolanTHUNDER (06-06-2019)
Old 06-06-2019, 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by Kyle
ID1300s are $900.....Grams will more than satisfy his goals of 400whp. "Minor documented issues" occur from almost every manufacturer from time to time. If the Grams injectors were as much of a problem as their fuel pumps we'd assuredly know this by now. I don't think advising someone against something that has worked for plenty of others and will work for them and their goals and instead pointing them towards something that costs twice as much is good advice....Sorry. You seem to be making good power with your car, more than he wants to make, and you've said you've had your kit installed for a couple of years now with no issues. That being said I don't think you need to promote Grams, but at the same time given your success, I'm not seeing a reason to advise against them either.
Now that is food for thought right there! One of the reasons why I am happy to run Grams 1000cc injectors is precisely because they don't have a bad reputation like their fuel pumps do. In fact the first "complaint" I heard about them was by Ouiteroj. I'm always open to feedback from anyone in the S2K community though. You're right, I ain't gonna spend $900 on ID1300's when I have brand new Grams 1000cc ready to go. As long as they comfortably cater to my power needs I'm happy to run 'em. Yes I like ID but attempting to sell the Grams and then buy ID1300's is only gonna make me lose a lot of money in the process and lose what could be a perfectly working set of Grams.

Quick Reply: Fuel Pressure Maxed out