S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Which fuel return system to buy?

Old 07-09-2014, 02:58 PM

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Which fuel return system to buy?

Hi all;

So, as some of you know, I just got a TTS Race S/C kit with a Rotrex C38-92 blower and I am now in need of a fuel return system to properly feed it. I only know of the two kits from SOS and Inlinepro. Unless there are other options, I plan to buy one of these kits soon. There is an overall cost difference of about 140-175ish depending on options from SOS.

I would be comparing the IP kit with an Aeromotive 340LPH fuel pump and the rest of the kit which includes a Fuel Lab regulator and IP's fuel rail (ready for 2006 and up injectors). SOS's kit is the pricier kit and includes an OEM fuel rail (or an optional AEM for 35.25 more), an OEM regulator (or an AEM for 8.25 more) and an AEM 320LPH fuel pump, plus a fee to machine the fuel rail (either unit OEM or AEM) for 85.

I think that whatever I do I would be best served getting the SOS single pump wiring kit with either kit to upgrade the wiring to the pump.

So...my question...is the extra cost of the SOS kit worth the extra ? I know SOS products have great fit and finish, but am I really getting anything better/more from the SOS kit? Anyone that has used either kit have any opinions or advice etc? I realize that it's not a huge difference in , but money is money.

Thanks, Brian

Build thread: https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/108...rotrex-c38-92/
Old 07-09-2014, 03:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

hi Brian --

Thank you for your interest in our products!

It looks that the Inline kit sells for $749.00.

We sell our kit for $695.00 and give you the option to use either factory parts (pressure regulator and fuel rail) or to upgrade them. The cost as you mentioned is $43.50 for both the regulator and fuel rail. Most customers do not need the larger rail or the adjustable FPR. In fact, we usually prefer the factory regulator for applications up to 320 LPH of fuel flow since the factory regulator is not adjustable (meaning, your tune can't be changed based on an inadvertent change to the regulator). Over this flow rate, the larger regulator is needed for the additional bypass from larger fuel pumps (like Walbro 400/450 LPH). We also prefer the factory fuel rail since it allows the factory plastic garnish cover to be installed - and its large bore size can easily support high horsepower limits. However, we like the "factory look" - others may prefer the aftermarket look, and that is cool too!

Even with the upgrades, the price is still less expensive (note that Inline's website says that you need the 00-05 injector top hat. We offer the option to machine either rail for you if you already have the larger 2006-09 injectors. Don't forget, our instructions with step by step photos rock!
http://scienceofspeed.com/products/e...em_conversion/

If you have any questions, please let us know!
Old 07-09-2014, 06:04 PM

SOS;

Thank you for your reply! You guys are always on top of things! Thank you for that.

So...according to IP everything that is included in their kit is as follows:
All associated parts, fittings and fuel lines for a complete and ready to go system (according to my phone conversation with IP)
Fuel pump (walbro 255LPH) but I am choosing to upgrade to the Aeromotive 340LPH (a $58 upgrade per IP)
IP fuel rail (already configured for 2006 & up cars and injectors so bolt on and ready to go per IP )
Fuel Lab adjustable regulator.
For a total of $807 (without shipping)

For a completely functional and ready to go system from SOS I need to add to the $695 kit (comparatively):
AEM fuel pump +$120
AEM regulator +$8.25
AEM fuel rail +$35.25
Additional Machining to fit rail to my current injectors (ID1000's for 2006 & up) +$85
For a total of $943.50 or a difference of $136.50. (Without shipping)

This does not include any possible additional discounts from either company.

I plan to upgrade the pump wiring most likely with the SOS wiring kit either way.

Please feel free to correct me if I am incorrect in any way. SOS, I am not doubting the quality of your kit in any way. I'm just trying to justify my cost. And ok...my $175 amount mentioned above was a bit high...my bad.

Thank you, Brian.
Old 07-10-2014, 09:05 AM
Former Sponsor

It looks then that you are getting everything for less than their sale pricing advertised online which is a great deal!
Old 07-10-2014, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by ScienceofSpeed
It looks then that you are getting everything for less than their sale pricing advertised online which is a great deal!
Its not LESS than the sale price. It is $749 + 58 (Aeromotive 340 upgrade) = $807
Old 07-10-2014, 09:45 AM
Former Sponsor

Their website does not show a fuel pump included in the photo or in the description. If they are including one in that price, it is definitely a killer deal! If that is true, our kit is slightly more expensive (by about $40.00) using a Walbro 255LPH fuel pump and the factory parts mentioned.

The major difference is we took the factory approach which involves more cost. As you can see in the photo below, there are quite a few more parts in our kit, including the relatively expensive factory PTFE quick disconnect tubes, hard line, high quality PTFE fuel rail feed hose assembly, and brackets that allow the return tube to be able to attach to the factory under tray. It involves more cost, but we do see it as being a more elegant approach.
http://scienceofspeed.com/products/e...em_conversion/

Good luck either way you decide, sounds like an awesome build!

Old 07-10-2014, 10:40 AM

Yes Sir...I agree with all of your statements. I am leaning the SOS way for the reasons you've stated, but I was simply looking for some user opinions.

Thank you for the detailed explanations!
Old 07-11-2014, 12:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sos can sell the return kit without fpr and rail if you are looking for a aftermarket look.
Old 07-11-2014, 06:48 PM

Decided on the SOS return kit. Thanks SOS!