S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

GMK's DBW FullBlown turbo build

Old 05-28-2012, 08:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sux man.. I hope it all turns out well for ya dude!
Where did u buy your heat tape from? I'm in the process of getting all mine started also.. Just waiting for fb to ship my kit..

The waiting hasn't been as bad as I thought because catching up on funds to buy all the unmentioned extras takes time lol!

Did you use the tape to wrap wiring aswell or did you buy heat sleeves?
Old 05-29-2012, 06:00 AM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I actually found the heat tape at AutoZone, its made by DEI.

I do also have sleeves as well for the stuff which will be closer to the hot stuff. I have a ambient air temp gauge setup which i plan on moving around in the engine bay so I can monitor radiant heat, which will allow me to test the heat sheilds/tape effectiveness. Its all pretty inexpensive stuff.

I don't plan on relying on the heat tape alone though. I really want to make a heat sheild to help protect stuff.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:05 AM

So an update finally, turns out the INLINE PRO TCT fixed the rattle WOOT!. I am now working on getting the turbo kit installed.

So far the intercooler fits great, but the charge piping is a real pain in the ass and I don't know what the problem is but nothing i do seems to get them to line up correctly. I shot LJ an email we'll see what he says.

Next up is the Oil filter relocation kit I bought from KraftWerks, I'll get that installed later this week and post up pictures, after I test fit the manifold and downpipe compatbility of course. (heh, can't have oil lines interfering w the downpipe)
Old 06-19-2012, 06:07 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GrandMasterKhan
So an update finally, turns out the INLINE PRO TCT fixed the rattle WOOT!. I am now working on getting the turbo kit installed.

So far the intercooler fits great, but the charge piping is a real pain in the ass and I don't know what the problem is but nothing i do seems to get them to line up correctly. I shot LJ an email we'll see what he says.

Next up is the Oil filter relocation kit I bought from KraftWerks, I'll get that installed later this week and post up pictures, after I test fit the manifold and downpipe compatbility of course. (heh, can't have oil lines interfering w the downpipe)

it is mega tight in there. the fbm oil relocation kit barely fits as it is
Old 06-19-2012, 07:20 AM

I really REALLy didnt like how the FBM oil filter relocation kit mounted to the sway bar. It made accessing the oil filter really difficult.

I am going with Kraftwerk's Mocal oil/water cooler system and if all goes well i want to install the mocal under the cross member like I did with my supercharged setup. This means I'll have some coolant lines and oil lines running about i'll have to tend with.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by GrandMasterKhan
I really REALLy didnt like how the FBM oil filter relocation kit mounted to the sway bar. It made accessing the oil filter really difficult.

I am going with Kraftwerk's Mocal oil/water cooler system and if all goes well i want to install the mocal under the cross member like I did with my supercharged setup. This means I'll have some coolant lines and oil lines running about i'll have to tend with.
The Laminova is something I've always wanted to incorporate but couldn't figure out how to plumb in the coolant. How are you planning to do it? (Or how did you route it before?)
Old 06-19-2012, 11:25 AM

I really like this car man
Old 06-19-2012, 12:17 PM

Since I like stealthy things I had installed my Laminova under the cross member. It is fed coolant from the OEM coolant lines which used to feed the OEM oil cooler.

KraftWerks normally wants you to install it OVER the cross member. But I modifed the brackets so it could be installed underneath. The picture below shows just how steathy it is. I am hoping the oil lines which are BEARLY visible do not hit the downpipe (they are just in front of the crank pulley and exit the other side of the cooler straight towards the radiator. If they are too close to the downpipe, i'll just need to scoot the laminova left or right down the crossmember as needed for clearance.

heres a picture showing the Laminova hidden underneath. (old pics)

Old 12-04-2012, 11:21 AM

Did u get this done??
Old 12-05-2012, 02:57 PM

Heh! thanks for checking! Actually I have it all torn apart now getting the kit installed. I just finished a wire tuck on the hot side to get all the wires away from the heat. Now I am working on installing my Oil Cooler kit (as pictured above) Lets see if I can un-Lazy myself and get back on this and put up some pictures

I wish I had more time to work on it though.

Quick Reply: GMK's DBW FullBlown turbo build