S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Greddy kit arrived today

Old 09-11-2007, 07:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hows about some pics of the kit for the hell of it?
Old 09-11-2007, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by AssassinJN,Sep 11 2007, 04:02 AM
Good catch for everyone else who is considering the kit.

Quick question to make this thread more complete (assuming you will dyno and post at some point), what other mods have you done before hand?
ie exhaust, tp?
The car is stock. Not even an exhaust yet. It will get the kit and we'll see from there what it's lacking. Sorry for the delay in responses but I actually had to work today
Old 09-11-2007, 09:31 PM

Lets see if i can cover the rest of the questions in this one post:

The missing gaskets are the exhaust manifold gasket, exhaust donut gasket(I believe this may actually be included but I ordered it anyway since it was on the list), the silencer gasket, and the 4th one I'm blanking on since I don't have the manual here. The gaskets from my local dealer were about $55 and are supposed to be in tomorrow. Some may be reused, however, I'm pretty anal about the car and would rather just spend the $55 and know it's done the way it's supposed to be. I gladly would have paid $100 extra for the kit in order to not have to track down the gaskets and spark plugs(trips to 2 different advance auto parts to get 4 of them, they each had 2).

Assuming the gaskets show up when they are supposed to, the install will be started tomorrow night and finished the day after(Thursday).

It will be dyno'd sometime soon after the kit is installed. I'd like to put a little bit of mileage on it before I throw it on the dyno and rev it to 9k.

I will be taking as many pics as I can without disrupting my "mechanic". If there is anything that you specifically want to see from the kit or during the install, please let me know and I'll try to get a good pic of it. I will definitely take pics of the kit before it is installed.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:42 PM

hey i just ordered a kit too but for an ap2, i assume our installs will be identical anyway how do the directions look? And for the gaskets im sure you could re use them right?
Old 09-11-2007, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by cloudx71,Sep 11 2007, 09:42 PM
hey i just ordered a kit too but for an ap2, i assume our installs will be identical anyway how do the directions look? And for the gaskets im sure you could re use them right?
I'm sure there are some subtle differences. The directions are excellent. Me and my mechanic have noticed a couple of inconsistencies that could be a little confusing to the inexperienced person installing it themselves. I will try to post anything we come across during the installation that is not straightforward. You might be able to reuse some of the gaskets. I know at least one of them(basically a washer on the fuel rail) is one of those crush-type washers that is only good for one use. I'll let you know about the other ones after we've done the install. I can only speculate at this point.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:06 AM

thanks! that will make things easier if i know what i have to get before hand and then i would be prepared. Anyway ill be checking back i hope we both have clean installs goodluck!
Old 09-12-2007, 05:26 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

There is something I thought of that you can take extra pictures of (ikf you want of course)... that would be when you do the drilling for the oil feed to the turbo.

Thanks,
Andre
Old 09-12-2007, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Reagent,Sep 11 2007, 07:43 PM
Let's see...

Exhaust manifold gasket, exhaust donut gasket, and ???
You really don't need to replace those (maybe the donut gasket if in poor condition). He mentioned that "four gaskets" needed to be replaced.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by WolfInSheepsClothing,Sep 12 2007, 12:04 PM
You really don't need to replace those (maybe the donut gasket if in poor condition). He mentioned that "four gaskets" needed to be replaced.
One "gasket" is actually a crush washer which must be replaced in order to prevent fuel leaks. I can post more information tonight because that is when I will have the kit/instructions/gaskets in front of me. The dealer called today to tell me the gaskets are all in, so I'm going forward with the installation tonight and tomorrow. There must be a good reason the instructions specifically state that you need those gaskets. It is probably not recommended to reuse them. As I stated above, you may not NEED to replace them, but for $55 to do things the recommended way and prevent potential problems, I'll do it the right way. If you can't afford the $55 you probably shouldn't be buying a turbo kit in the first place.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:06 AM

subscribed!

Quick Reply: Greddy kit arrived today