S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

GReddy kit still available?

Old 07-31-2018, 02:53 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default GReddy kit still available?

Recently I decided to boost my 2002 s2k. After much reading and deciding on how much power I am aiming for I decided on the Greddy Kit.

To my surprise I can’t seem to find it, it looks like it’s discontinued.
Any one know of a good place to get one?
What should the price on these go for now an days?
Is there any other kit that is as “reliable” and safe to use as the Greddy for similar or less price?

I also read greddy is coming out with a new greddy kit for s2ks but no clue on when it would release.

I’m planning Greddy kit with AEM ems tune. That should run me close to 4K or more. Any other big purchases it may require? Basically what should I expect to waste here $$$ just to get it up and running with gauges, tune, turbo timer etc? Would a budget of 5k-6k be enough to get the kit on the streets and tuned? Thanks
Old 07-31-2018, 03:10 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You're looking at buying an used kit for an all-in price of 6k, even then you'll have to have well priced parts.

you may be better looking for a supercharger.

can I ask why you were dead set on a Greddy kit?
Old 07-31-2018, 03:18 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Supercharger is my last option. I had a turbo Eclipse and just miss the turbo life really.

I am opting for Greddy because it seems like the smallest, safest turbo I can get without having to upgrade other things (drive train, clutch right away etc).

If you know of other budget friendly reliable small turbo kits let me know. Really not looking for anything more than 340hp.

So if I found a used full Greddy Kit I should expect to pay 3k for the kit and another 3k in misc parts and tune etc?
Old 07-31-2018, 03:25 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I sent you a PM.

the S2000 can handle 500whp/350wtq very reliably with just a clutch upgrade. It's all in the tune. Even the clutch upgrade, a stock disc and heavy duty pressure plate is all that's needed for up to 350wtq. Dont let the power number hold you back, because anything can be run on "low boost" as well if you really wanted to be in the 300s. Any 57mm turbo would work well from from 350-500.

there's plenty of good, reliable, new kits out there, but there above your price range being all inclusive. Most people who buy Greddy kits sell them shortly after due to not being enough power. I would spend the extra on a better kit and take a little longer to piece the supporting mods together.

Last edited by ninetysixyenko; 07-31-2018 at 03:28 PM.
Old 07-31-2018, 03:33 PM

Received 119 Likes on 98 Posts

greddy are garbage, make no power... tons a back pressure, flows like crap.

Get a foward facing manifold, (Schmuck / Full-race) and if you want fast, fat power band, just get a smaller T3 turbo 55/58mm, can have alot a fun with that size, stay 350-400 with room to grow.

You'll get bored of the greddy in a few weeks.
Old 07-31-2018, 06:06 PM

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts

Greddy kits are good for a fun low maintenance package in your price range. I researched all the kits and got one for several reasons. One, 300-320 is my goal, just looking for more TQ down low, not building a race car. Two, I don’t want to relocate anything from AC or move my fuse box. Could I, sure but I don’t want to. Three, you cant really build any other kit for 6k or possibly less if you’re doing it all yourself. I’ve had big power cars in the past but my favorite car growing up was a 99 EM1 with a Greddy Kit. That car was a ton of fun, good daily, every single day for years and the only thing I ever did was change oil.

It just depends on your goals, if you’re looking for big power and KNOW you’ll get bored, then don’t do it. But for a cheap as possible way to add Some midrange TQ, and your set on turbo it’s good. I’m going to modify my downpipe, have the wastegate ported and run a Tru-boost, tuned on Flashpro. Changing my clutch myself and doing everything should be around $6k

Are there better high power kits, yes
Old 07-31-2018, 09:50 PM

Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts

The Greedy turbo kit is the worst forced induction kit even made for the s2000. As much as I dislike supercharges for there pore torque and the fact that they hit max boost at redline. I would rather have a supercharger over a greedy turbo kit.
Old 07-31-2018, 09:58 PM

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts

Opinions, just because it doesn’t check your boxes doesn’t mean it doesn’t check other people’s. Goodluck OP with whatever you decide to do!
Old 07-31-2018, 10:18 PM

Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts

If you want a super cheap kit just buy a cheep standard t3 log manifold and get a Garrett t3 turbo. I would recommend a gtx3071r gen 2. Or if you want to save money just get a standard garret journing bearing turbo. This will be cheeper than a greedy kit and still be way way better.
Old 07-31-2018, 10:28 PM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ninetysixyenko
the S2000 can handle 500whp/350wtq very reliably with just a clutch upgrade. It's all in the tune. Even the clutch upgrade, a stock disc and heavy duty pressure plate is all that's needed for up to 350wtq.
Isn't 500whp a little bit high for a really reliable stock S2000 ?
I mean, I thought the engine was safe up to 400's, but 500whp seems high.
And I also think about the transmission: maybe the diff would be the first thing not to handle such a power. Don't you think so?

Quick Reply: GReddy kit still available?