S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

GReddy kit still available?

Old 07-31-2018, 11:05 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The Ptuning kit seems to be reliable. That’s what I have now for a few months after being SOS s/c’d for about 8 years. So far, it’s maintenance free except for tighting up clamps after some heat cycles. I drive the snot out of it doing some mountain carving. I would do a search on that kit.
Old 08-01-2018, 01:32 AM

Received 119 Likes on 98 Posts

SOS FTW!!!! awesome kits! Novi 1200
Old 08-01-2018, 03:53 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by pizzai69
Isn't 500whp a little bit high for a really reliable stock S2000 ?
I mean, I thought the engine was safe up to 400's, but 500whp seems high.
And I also think about the transmission: maybe the diff would be the first thing not to handle such a power. Don't you think so?

there's multiple 500whp+ S2000s out there on stock driveline without any issue. Build it with the right parts and a great tune and itll be fine.

Diff is usually the first weak point, then transmission. These can last with the correct clutch and driving style for a while. The clutch should always be made to be your weak link in a driveline, so that it slips before causing mechanical failure. The OEM disc / ACT HD PP setup will handle the power and still be the weak link if it needs to be.
Old 08-01-2018, 04:03 AM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks for the details. I also read that the complete OEM clutch was ok till 400whp approx. Hope this is right, because oem disc + ACT HD PP is more expensive.
Old 08-01-2018, 04:10 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the details. I also read that the complete OEM clutch was ok till 400whp approx. Hope this is right, because oem disc + ACT HD PP is more expensive.
I'm in the mid 500s on an OEM disc with ACT HD PP. Other than K20 oil squirters and the pressure plate, the driveline is 100% stock from valve cover to oil pan, crank pulley to axles. Almost 4 years now with nothing but fluid changes and plug (NGK iridium 8s) changes every spring.
The following users liked this post:
pizzai69 (08-01-2018)
Old 08-01-2018, 08:12 AM

Received 177 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Nfinitecc
Opinions, just because it doesn’t check your boxes doesn’t mean it doesn’t check other people’s. Goodluck OP with whatever you decide to do!
I'm with you. Jeez the greddy haters are out in force today! The people recommending a forward facing manifold when someone comes here asking for a Greddy...
Old 08-01-2018, 08:16 AM

Isn't 500whp a little bit high for a really reliable stock S2000 ?
I mean, I thought the engine was safe up to 400's, but 500whp seems high.
And I also think about the transmission: maybe the diff would be the first thing not to handle such a power. Don't you think so?
No a 500whp s2000 isn't going to be "really reliable" if you actually drive it and beat on it. If you make some highway pulls once in a while sure, but then your car is probably more of a garage queen.

Old 08-01-2018, 08:49 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea I’m not looking to be the fastest guy out there lol. I don’t like that I can’t find a new Greddy Kit tho so what’s the smallest turbo kit I can get in comparison? Would that be the stage 1s like inline? Or would I be better off just buying everything separate?
Old 08-01-2018, 10:11 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There is a v2 kit in the works as the v1 setup had a few issues here and there (cracked manifold, etc)... from what ive heard at least. I know evasive was testing out the v2 kit and can pobably help you in this department,

on the other hand, id like to offer 2 cents along with one of the first posts. Why not go supercharger? It sounds like you just want something that adds a little kick but is super reliable and doesnt need a ton more of supporting parts. I definitely am biased but i could recommend the hks supercharger kit. Super reliable, little maintenance needed, and gives the car that little kick. With a supercharger, you really dont NEED gauges, and a lot of “extra” stuff that a turbo kit would need.

In any case ive heard good things about the sos kits, turbo or supercharger
Old 08-01-2018, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by s2ksi8
There is a v2 kit in the works as the v1 setup had a few issues here and there (cracked manifold, etc)... from what ive heard at least. I know evasive was testing out the v2 kit and can pobably help you in this department,

on the other hand, id like to offer 2 cents along with one of the first posts. Why not go supercharger? It sounds like you just want something that adds a little kick but is super reliable and doesnt need a ton more of supporting parts. I definitely am biased but i could recommend the hks supercharger kit. Super reliable, little maintenance needed, and gives the car that little kick. With a supercharger, you really dont NEED gauges, and a lot of “extra” stuff that a turbo kit would need.

In any case ive heard good things about the sos kits, turbo or supercharger
Simple reasoning is low end torque and a flatter torque curve. It's really like apples vs oranges to me regarding turbo vs SC. I'd say just consider picking up a used kit.

Quick Reply: GReddy kit still available?