S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Greddy turbo impressions/problems

Old 05-09-2008, 08:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greddy turbo impressions/problems

Cliff notes:

Ordered my kit from Greg @ GTMotoring (top notch guy). Installed my kit and an 80mm single exhaust (also bought from GTMotoring) in a day. drove around for a couple weeks taking it very easy on the car because i had also just installed my 4.44 fd and was waiting for my tuning apt. i also have aem tru boost and aem oil pressure gauges

Day before tuning i installed a HFC to see if i can successfully get it tuned w.o boost spike/creep.

Long story short is the car was tuned to 11.2 AF and made 270 whp/200tq (low IMO, but i dont have baseline so i dont know). with the setup im currently getting boost spike/creep.10-12 lbs in first gear it was tuned at AMS a reputable company in chicago and they are working with me to help me fix the issues.

If there is anyone else successfully running 80mm single with HFC id like to hear.

my tru boost is currently running at 30% duty cycle with 6.7 spring.

Over the next couple days i will be trying to trouble shoot the issue.

Overall i love the kit, torque is awesome and car is fun to drive. just need to take care of my issues and ill be set.

Note: i state "problems" in title but i understand that there are factors i must trouble shoot myself. i dont feel its a problem with the kit itself just a limitation i may or may not exploiting with my current set up

Old 05-09-2008, 10:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would put the Cat back in.. I'm running the same setup you are. AEM Oil Pressure with AEM tru boost with a single 3" and a 70mm TP. I was spiking over 12 psi running just off the spring ( i made 300 on a dynapack). I decided to put the cat back in and I haven't had any boost spiking/creap at all since. With the boost controller set at 5 psi spring and the lowest duty cycle I'm right at 9 psi. I plan on getting it retuned with the cat in and increasing the boost to 10 psi.

The only way I think to run a single with HFC/test pipe would be to port the wastegate or put an external wastegate on the kit. But for me I'd rather make a little less HP and not ahve to worry about blowing the Head Gasket. Congrats on install it.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:55 AM

Unhappy

I am not trying to hijack this threat, but wondering why are you guys choosing Greedy instead of other kits?

If you are concern on the cost, the FI is not the good options. Probably on the beginning the initial investment is lower. After all, you still or may put miscellaneous items, which will drag you to almost par to other kits.

The boost from Greddy is not significant compare to GT, Inline or

Meanwhile, you are facing with common issues like other kits?

Please... I am not judging your opinions, so do not hump me with negative one or two words reply.

I am just curious why the path is Greddy.

Old 05-09-2008, 11:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is there an easy way to go external wastegate on this setup?? has anybody modified the stock manifold to make this work?
Old 05-09-2008, 11:13 AM

do you have a graph of your boost? when are you hitting 12psi?

do you have a boost controller? MBC or EBC?
Old 05-09-2008, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by TelosHedge,May 9 2008, 03:13 PM
is there an easy way to go external wastegate on this setup?? has anybody modified the stock manifold to make this work?
it can be done but by the time you spend the money on it, it'll be a good amount of $$

i'm not aware of anyone who has done it
Old 05-09-2008, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by sunhita,May 9 2008, 02:55 PM
I am not trying to hijack this threat, but wondering why are you guys choosing Greedy instead of other kits?

If you are concern on the cost, the FI is not the good options. Probably on the beginning the initial investment is lower. After all, you still or may put miscellaneous items, which will drag you to almost par to other kits.

The boost from Greddy is not significant compare to GT, Inline or

Meanwhile, you are facing with common issues like other kits?

Please... I am not judging your opinions, so do not hump me with negative one or two words reply.

I am just curious why the path is Greddy.

the advantages of the greddy kit are quick spool and ability to pass inspection the emanage and stock cat

if you want a lot more power than 300whp, you are wasting money getting a greddy kit
Old 05-09-2008, 11:18 AM

i think you would be better off trying to sell your greddy kit and get an ip pro kit or something b4 u try to modify the manifold for an external gate, i have a question too, how do u modify the turbo so the internal wastegate is gone, like a block off plate or something?
Old 05-09-2008, 11:18 AM

just for reference

stock cat, 70mm single, no boost controller

reach 7.0 7.5 psi at ~3500 rpm and ~9 psi by redline
Old 05-09-2008, 11:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by devs2k,May 9 2008, 11:16 AM
the advantages of the greddy kit are quick spool and ability to pass inspection the emanage and stock cat

if you want a lot more power than 300whp, you are wasting money getting a greddy kit
I agree. I bought it for the CARB legality and wasn't really looking for more than 300 whp.

Quick Reply: Greddy turbo impressions/problems