S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Greddy turbo impressions/problems

Old 05-09-2008, 11:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sunhita,May 9 2008, 11:55 AM
I am not trying to hijack this threat, but wondering why are you guys choosing Greedy instead of other kits?

If you are concern on the cost, the FI is not the good options. Probably on the beginning the initial investment is lower. After all, you still or may put miscellaneous items, which will drag you to almost par to other kits.

The boost from Greddy is not significant compare to GT, Inline or

Meanwhile, you are facing with common issues like other kits?

Please... I am not judging your opinions, so do not hump me with negative one or two words reply.

I am just curious why the path is Greddy.

People in california are restricted by the SMOG regulations. It's the only CARB legal turbo kit
Old 05-09-2008, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by sunhita,May 9 2008, 10:55 AM
I am not trying to hijack this threat, but wondering why are you guys choosing Greedy instead of other kits?

If you are concern on the cost, the FI is not the good options. Probably on the beginning the initial investment is lower. After all, you still or may put miscellaneous items, which will drag you to almost par to other kits.

The boost from Greddy is not significant compare to GT, Inline or

Meanwhile, you are facing with common issues like other kits?

Please... I am not judging your opinions, so do not hump me with negative one or two words reply.

I am just curious why the path is Greddy.

as many have said.

1. still pass emissions

2. wasnt looking for huge hp #'s. 300whp with fast spool sounded perfect to me.

3. no i dont care about cost. if i wanted IP and 400hp i would have done that.

4. my car was on the road again within 24 hours of starting the install. i dont DD my car, but i didnt want the downtime.

5. tuning: i was worried about tuning. even though i have AMS and Pinyo nearby, in the back of my mind tuning was a concern.

the tuner did not have creep/spike issues. i only discovered these after the car was gone from the shop. like i said, im trouble shooting with greg @ GTMotoring and Chris @ AMS and im confident things will get worked out
Old 05-09-2008, 11:40 AM

make sure you dont have a leak...

what type of dyno was this?
Old 05-09-2008, 12:07 PM

dyno uploaded. basemap and after tune. it was a dynojet

NOTE: just noticed tuner didnt goto 9k rpms which could be a reason why he A. didnt get spike/creep and B. why my numbers may be a little low.
Old 05-09-2008, 01:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wonder why he didn't take it to 9000.. maybe he saw it creaping and decided to let off. My started to creap at about 7000-7500 RPM.

Try setting your boost controller to off and see how much boost you hit.
Old 05-09-2008, 02:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

HP is just a number, I have a ton of Torque way down low, I would much rather have the 237ft/lbs of Torque @3,500RPM then 180ft/lbs of Torque and 350WHP...............
Old 05-10-2008, 05:00 PM

with boost controller off it doesnt exceed 9lbs....usually sits around 6-8lbs..irritating. i just want it pinged at 8-9lbs

Also i had my car rewired today (viper security alarm/remote start/gps/tru boost/oil pressure gauge/ speedo recal) and my Speedo is still cutting out.

also i noticed last night that although boost stays at safe level with boost controller off. my car just completely cuts out sometimes while full throttle at 7-8k rpms. i have an ap1.

eh the joys of turbo
Old 05-11-2008, 02:29 AM

I would never go with AMS to have my car tuned. They tuned a friends EVo8 and its fast as hell but runs like crap and he also has boost creep. They tuned a friends STI and it ran like shit and had boost creep. Just take it to one6 Mark is a good guy he has built 4 turbo s2000 and mine will be the 5th one in 2 or 3 weeks.
Dave at Whip Factory would be an other good tuner. He lives in texas now but comes out for a week or two to do some tuning
Old 05-11-2008, 05:58 AM

at this point, they have my money and all i can ask of them is to help make things right.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got the HFC and dual 2.5" straight thru (Walker Dynomax Ultraflow) mufflers. 30% on the Tru Boost is probably too high. I'm running 10% and spring pressure (Spr) of 5 and my boost tops out very consistently within .2psi every time.
You should consider porting the internal WG first if you really want to increase WG flow.

Greddy kit is maybe the closest thing to a DIY's kit, which is why I bought it. I like doing my own tuning and modding stuff. I'd be pissed if I could not access the tune myself. My kit was $3900 and hasn't taken much more coin to get it to the power I'm at now. Right now I've spent ALOT less than other OBDII compliant kits and (IMO) have a much better power curve.
Its not the kit for everyone for sure though - to each their own.

Quick Reply: Greddy turbo impressions/problems